Blown in on the Winds of Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
The tails of the Countess Gyverin's light coat stir in the last gust of crisp morning Rookroost air that followed them through the portal to Calenhelm. Holding a folio of papers to her chest, she nods in recognition to the other scholars and citizens that politely address her on their way out of the hall, onto their own business.

Once the commotion of bodies has died down, she turns to the four still with her.

"Mary, I will likely be a few hours, with all that needs to be taken care of today. I know you have your list for the market, but should I be any later, please return home without me." She says to her nurse, then turns to the man in common clothes but military bearing with her. "Captain Pritchard, I trust that you will remain with them?"

"Of course, Countess." He nods respectfully, his gaze going to the small, high cart Mary pushed with her. "I will protect her and your heirs with my life."

The Countess' eyes follow his to the two infant girls in the carriage, quiet, but awake and staring up at the world. A small smile comes to her lips as she reaches in and gently brushes a wisp of dark hair away from Elara's forehead. "See that you do, Owen. See that you do." She sighs softly.

Straightening, she motions the two adults forward to leave ahead of her. "Either way - enjoy the day, and be safe. I fear it may still be too soon to consider the streets of the capital yet settled."

The guard and nurse bow quickly and courteously before carrying on their way. The Countess is left for a moment with her thoughts before she too takes in a deep breath and turns towards the entrance to the tower, mentally preparing herself for the meeting yet to come.

After quickly checking in at the base of the tower, Anastasia climbs the familiar flights upwards to its peak. Still deep in thought, she’s nearly run down by a group of frantic Initiates rushing on their way to the library; with some cautionary words and hurried apologies, everyone is once again set on their way again.

She chuckles to herself and shakes her head, remembering when she was in their place, nearly thirteen years previous. How different life was then, with nothing but the desire to learn on her mind – with her mother still alive, managing the county was only of minor consideration, a thing far enough in the future that it did not worry her at the time. Only magic did, and it came easily.

Now, all these years later, she is not only the Countess, but a new mother, and a former candidate for the Grand Council seat; a woman committed to the Sanctum and her people.

Not that despite intentions, I truly had had a chance at the seat. She huffs derisively as her mind goes back to the winter that had just passed, and how circumstances kept her so very absent, physically and mentally. At least not when compared to the experience that Darius or Victoria already have. But the promise of a candidate was what I needed to maintain the façade for the sect, in order to bring them down from the inside…

(Continuing in: Archmage's Chambers S6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back