Bones has a Guild related question...

p.richard

Scholar
Look, you all should know me by now. Bones is an Orc of action and adventure. He is loyal to you all, but sometimes, Bones find that he is bored with sitting around while big bad warriors go off and kill things, leaving Bones behind because he is "not experienced" enough or whatever your pitiful excuses are.

Bones is wondering a couple of things that might help him get into the swing of things with new allies in the area. One of those things was an idea Bones had. Yes... ha ha... Bones had an idea and it didn't hurt. Jerks...

Seriously though, the idea I had was after hearing some people mentioning a "Fighters Guild" or an "Adventurers Guild"... even using the name of a "Mercenaries Guild".

The idea is simple... These "Mercenaries" (I use that word lightly as I know a lot of you have issues with that name for some weird and silly reason) are given missions and goals by the town officials. Things like "Farmer Joe needs help with his cow Bessy as she is delivering her calf" or "Hunt some goblins out in the woods of blah blah blah"

If the guild can't handle it for whatever reason, then those missions go out to the public.

So why would this guild get first picks? Well, they would pay higher taxes or perhaps a percentage of the spoils they earn could go to the towns coffers. They would have a sworn duty to the protection of the town (Um... sort of like a Sheriff or Chief would have to protect his people?).

Jacob Townsend, my scribe, said it would be a good way for travelers and new comers to get involved with policies and procedures of our every day to day life? Whatever that means. He also says you could catologue people as they come through, not to mention get an understanding of how they fight and how they are useful to town defense and stuff. Heck, this Fighter's Guild could be strong allies of the Healers. I see them fighting hand in hand on the battle field.

Bleh, anyways. I just had this thought and was unsure who I could talk to about it. Like Bones said... he gets bored and I am sure others do as well... and Bones wants to take on a big role in this new town. Bones wants to help! I feel weak when I can't be of use!

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye
Harkonian Slayer
Phoenix Foe
The Lich Butcher
Executioner of the Heart Drinker
Defiler of Echoes
The Goblin Cleaver
Elemental Bane

If you feel inclined to form or aid in forming some sort of... Mercenary guild, I believe it would fit my lifestyle adequately. However I find objection to performing such a service -and- paying more for my work. Mercenaries (and I've been called such in my time) are strictly paid help, not emissaries of civilization. Perhaps something more universally beneficial such as an Adventurer's Guild, dedicated to honing the skills of newcomers to our society would be better received and more easily operate under the circumstances we live with. Regardless, services to society should not be thankless ones, nor should those providing them be expected to do so at the expense of their livelihood. I submit a group or guild model that rewards its members as both incentive and necessity.

If such a group requires leadership, I would offer my services, providing no better qualified individuals materialize out of the Aether.

I think this is a rather good idea Bones. I personally have no problems with the guild taking a piece off the top to give to the town, it's a good way to help pay for the other tasks that need done that don't require bashing a goblin skull in. Like roads, and buildings and such. I agree with Roann when he says that Mercenaries aren't emissaries by any means, but all that means is I don't think that's what it should be called. I have no other suggestions at the moment, but of course this is still a concept that we can attach a name to later.

I would love to help with this, if I can, I have offered my services to the Earth Guild already as one of their protectors so I feel like this could go hand in hand with that. As you said, we do seem to work in combat with one another often enough, it would be silly not to work together outside it as well.

- A. Fox

Bah. You all use bigs words. I had to talk to my scribe about some of the crap you are all saying.

Here is the point, pink skins... I want to make sure that all those whelps who comes to town know that we look out for each other and that we are all on the same side. Well most of us anyways. I want them to know how things work out with everyone and where they may find a good path in our town. Hmmm not good path. I mean "Find where they belong". And if this troupe doesn't work out for them, then at least we can show them where to go to make their journey more to their liking.

Does that make sense? or is Bones speaking nonsense again? I mean we live in a place that doesn't really have much order. And Bones loves Order. Makes fighting so much easier, you know? And Bones likes everyone in town. They may not like Bones, but Bones doesn't care. He will help them even if they don't like me. Hmmm like most of the Gypsies from the Golden Horn don't like Bones. Ha ha ha! Silly gypsies. I like them a bunch.

Bah! Bones is off target. Anyways. Bones wants to make sure everyone has their place. And this idea of his might work out. I may not know how to push a quill and ink, but I know how to fight and I know how to make others feel useful in combat. Even if I don't swing as hard as some other people. Like Slice. Man. I saw her kill a troll with one swing. Or Daylyn! Holy moly! He dropped me like a sack of potatoes for looking some stupid elemental once. Bah... I am doing it again. I need to stop talking so much. I guess I miss you guys. Ha!

I'm in, Bones. But I doubt much will come of it.

If you need something specific from me, I'll do what I can, if I'm not busy with something else.

Maybe someone new will come through who would do best guided by myself. We'll see.

I hope those words were more to your liking.

Nah... I wanted the opinions of everyone. But it seems Bones' voice isn't as loud or as heavy as other people in town. Bah! That is ok. As long as my orcs are taken cared of when we get to town, all will be well.

Back