Brand New! The Merchant League Co-Op!

A colorful poster tacked on the wall with a bright violet glass studded pin greets your eyes: swirling scripts of sparkling gold, deep purples, and pops all hues of the rainbow

The Merchant League Co-Op.png

The Merchant League and Merchants' Row are pleased to announce a brand new opportunity for mercantile-minded adventurers: The Merchant League Co-Op!

The Merchant League Co-Op is a shared, communal shoppe for artists and vendors to sell their stuff, even if they are not physically there to make the sale. Volunteers will oversee the table and sell wares, accepting payment on your behalf. It is primarily overseen by Clerk Lenora and Trader Adlao of the Merchant League, and is a project sponsored by both the Merchant League and Merchants' Row ((Chicago Chapter PC Organizations)). Our popup venue at Foyer's Creek is located next door to the Blissful Rest Spa at the heart of Merchant's Row ((Candle Maker's Building)).

How do I add my wares to the Co-Op?

• For the Foyer's Creek event, adventurers from any Mistsphere can register items to sell via the Co-Op.
  • Register with Trades Ambassador Adlao to get your name added to the roster, and we will have a bucket/pouch made to collect your payments.
    • There is a quick form we will have you fill out so that we have your preferences outlined for us as a quick reference.
    • We will then merchandise your wares among our many, many, many shelves and retail spaces ^_^.

Are there any requirements or limitations?

• All your wares have to have a legible price tag attached to it securely.
  • All items sold at the Co-Op will have a surcharge added:
    • Merchant League members do not need to pay this surcharge, as it is part of their membership.
    • This surcharge will be use to compensate Co-Op Volunteer Staff for their time and effort minding the shoppe.
  • Here are the various plans we worked out for the 5 day event:
Bulk Items:
  • 1 gp per day.
  • If you brand sell outs, then you don’t have to pay the remaining days

Batches of Items:
  • 1-10 = 1 sp per item
  • 10-30 = 1 cp per item
  • Production can be used lieu of coin at equivocal rate: 1sp for 1 crafting material.

• You can sell tagged in-game items, or just fun pieces that you found or made.
    • Per Chicago Staff, no actual, real life weapons, such as blades that have an edge, may be sold.
    • ((Due to local Indiana/City ordinances for the regional event, only In Game Tokens/Gold Coins and Barter may be traded; no oog cash currency may be accepted)).

How does pricing work?

• At this time, there are no pricing requirements or minimums enforced for the Co-Op.,
  • In general, we promote and encourage in-game RP haggling, so don't be afraid to slightly mark up your prices if you want to have room to have fun with the salesmanship.
  • If you need some best practice pricing advice, talk to Trades Ambassador Adlao or Guildmaster Sam.

Who can volunteer to staff the Table?

• Only Merchant's League members or registered Merchants’ Row vendors are allowed to volunteer, but anyone can join either!
    • Talk to Guildmaster Sam Gemclipper or Guild Assistant Aramis Seablade about joining the Merchant League.
    • Talk to Guildmaster Sam Gemclipper or Trades Ambassador Adlao about registering to have your shoppe on Merchants’ Row.
      • If you get brought on, make sure to have someone in the know train you on how to complete transactions and where to put stuff. It’s a nice break from normal RP and running around adventuring, and maybe you will be inspired to become part of the Merchant’s League!
  • Volunteers who work a set shift and will get compensated for helping out!
  • For the Foyer's Creek event, only Merchant Row members will be minding the shoppe, managed by Housemother Adlao. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis with approval by Guildmaster Sam Gem Clipper and Housemother Adlao.

What if my stuff gets stolen?

• The Merchant’s League is currently working on adding a protective circle item for Merchant’s Row! If you want to help with this project, see Guildmaster Sam or Trades Ambassador Adlao.
  • We observe in-game theft for tagged items as a viable thing- see the Alliance Rule Book and Player’s Manual for more about how in-game thievery works.
  • Following the standard Chapter policy, no one is allowed to steal any out-of-game phys reps, no exceptions.
  • In general, this is a good faith table, and we can not have our volunteers take responsibility for someone else’s wrongdoing, so by placing your items on the table, you do so accepting reasonable risk of theft no different than a regular Merchant on Merchant’s Row does when they step away from their shoppe with only their in game Ward or Circle to protect it. That being said though, we will be reasonably and responsibly diligent in our effort to mind the table, because we just want people to have fun and enjoy the game!

What’s the difference between the Merchant League, Merchants’ Row, and the Merchant League Co-Op?

• ((All of the above are Chicago Chapter Organizations invited to support Town Life by the Foyer's Creek Tourism Board for the 5 day Regional Event.))
  • The Merchant League is a PC Guild led by Sam Gemclipper that focuses on mercantile style gaming and resources.
  • Merchants’ Row is a project sponsored by the Merchant League, a location in game- a street of independently operated shoppes owned by Adventurers in Atupal, Gavaria, as well as a physical location on site, which is located usually next door to the Tavern ((for the 5 day regional event, it will be located surrounding the Blissful Rest Spa)).
    • Not all Shoppe Owners on Merchants’ Row are members of the Guild, The Merchant League- many are run by individual business owners or other guilds.
    • All the Shoppe Owners affiliated with Merchants' Row coordinate loosely together to make sure the row is a safe, festive, organized, and fun spot for PCs to get some shopping and RP in between mods.
  • The Merchant League Co-Op is a project sponsored and supported by both the Merchant League (Guild) and Merchants’ Row shop owners to help further expand our inclusivity of the various crafters, artists, and artisans in our Chapter.

Last edited:
How'd this work out?
It didn't really catch on this last event mostly because of me trying to navigate the new location and trying to troubleshoot here and there.
I think for the 5 day we'll have more traction and presence, and hopefully it will take off!

Ok!
The Co-Op will have a lovely space at the Regional 5 Day next to the Blissful Rest Spa thanks to Gerty! I think the location and retailing space will lend itself well, so I'm going to push this hard to the PCs for the 5 Day as part of #Foryer'sCreekLife. I'm updating the info above to have it make sense for people coming from outside the CHI chapter.

I'll be selling scrunchies, jewelry, potholders, cups, ritual candles and other assorted accessories at the Merchant's Row communal table.

We as a group made some adjustments to the Surcharge amounts that made more sense for the 5 day event- see above!

Back