Build Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozan

1st event was 3 day event I got 9 points ( I Blanketed )

started with 33 point build

now I have 42 points

what will determine how many points I get for this nexted 3 day event ?

..........and yes I am going to blanket

is there a chart for this Thank you

Hello Kozan,

It depends on the length of the event and your current level which you appear to already be aware of.

There is an online calculator that would help you determine how many points you will get.

http://www.caldaria.com/buildcalc.html

There is also a chart that can help you determine this in the rulebook page 50.

The calculator is likely easier.

Long story short:

You gain XP for an event equal to your current build point total times the number of logistics periods. That XP is then converted to build points using the chart on page 50 as previously mentioned.

It is clunky, but is intended to represent faster build accumulation at low levels, but eventually plateauing at high levels.

Since I was at your last event I can help a bit.

You had a 2 day Event (2 blankets) plus a monthly blanket (1 Blanket) not a long weekend (3 day Event) please remember to separate those out or you'll forever think you are behind in build.

You can find the table in the pdf rulebook but I'd highly suggest just using the calculator.

I used the chart and based on 3 day event I would go from 42 points to 54 points and be 4th level is that right ?

54 BP would be 4th level (55 BP would be 5th level).

To break it down a bit further:

You started at 15 build. You donated some stuff and got enough goblins to blanket the month of your first game and the three prior months, which is as far back as you're allowed to go. You then attended the Chicago April event. Assuming you have enough goblin points, you would then blanket for May, and that's the build you will have going into the next event. That's the order you want to use when you put it into the calculator.

To clarify, our typical weekend games are counted as two days, not three. I know it runs from Friday to Sunday, but it's less than 48 hours total.

Start -> 15 build, 0 loose exp
January blanket -> 20 build, 0 loose exp
February blanket -> 25 build, 5 loose exp
March blanket -> 29 build, 2 loose exp
April blanket -> 33 build, 3 loose exp (this is what you had at your first game)
April 2-day event -> 39 build, 7 loose exp
May blanket -> 42 build, 10 loose exp (this is what you will have going into the next event)
May 2-day event -> 48 build, 4 loose exp (this is what you will have after the next event)

I'd really suggest using the calculator that phil90 linked above. Calculating it manually is generally more trouble than it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back