Business matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liscious

Yetta packs light, moving around her tent in the marketplace in Parson's Breach.

She shouts out the doorway "Magnus! We're going through the portal to Calenhelm. I need some supplies & to speak to Bunin. Pack light, I don't expect us to be gone very long. If something happens & we are away longer, surely we can find whatever we may have left behind in the capital."

After going through the portal with Magnus, Yetta moves around Calanhelm and leaves messages wherever she can think of in order to reach Bunin.

"Well, all that's left is to wait for her to reach me. We might as well wait in comfort... come along Magnus- we'll head to the Ogre's Head Tavern. It's as good a meeting place as any."

Magnus follows behind Yetta in his quiet, accepting way while Yetta starts towards the tavern.

"I'm gonna get hot food at the tavern-- let me know if you want anything special to eat and I'll make the arrangements. Your presence has kept me safe and I want to show my gratitude. Of course... that does mean you have to actually talk to me, which I know is not your strong point."

As Yetta and Magnus move throught the streets, a street urchin approaches slowly, staring of the big Polar-kin. "Are you Yetta?" The boy asks meekly.

"Yes, little one, I am." Yetta replies

She keeps a wary eye around her, knowing that cutpurses love to distract females with children.

"Who asked you to come find me?"

He smiles, "A good friend. Here, I'm to give this to you." Holding out a folded note.

Taking the note with a smile, Yetta comments

"You are a resourceful young lad to find me in a big city like this one. Should you ever be looking for work, find me again and I will find tasks for you."

He blushes, "thank you" and with that he races off, blending into the crowd.

Following the directions on the note, Yetta and Magnus soon find themselves in the merchant's district. The address takes them to a quaint little shop with knick knacks in the window.

Magnus moves Yetta behind him & enters the shop first, scanning the room for layout & exits.

Yetta thinks to herself that this quaint shop is giving her ideas for how to set up her own store in Parsons Breach.

Entering the doorway causes a very faint wind chime to sound. The smell of oiled woods and dried flowers fill the air. It is warm and inviting inside.

To the right among the displays is a older human gentleman dusting and polishing what look like focsing crystals. Near the back, behind a counter is a female mystic wood elf. Both look up at the sound of the chime and smile. "Welcome," the wood elf says. "Oh my, you are a big lad! Come in, come in. Please, do be careful though. How can I help? Oh, and who is that following you in? Please look around. Let us know if there is anything you need." She steps out from behind the counter. The man goes back to dusting and polishing, lightly humming as he works.

Yetta smiles at the wood elf

"I was directed to your lovely establishment by a good friend. My name is Yetta, and my protective fellow here is Magnus. I'm in need of a few items to compliment my alchemy lab... do you have any particular recommendations?"

Yetta is watching the reactions of the human & wood elf, since the note was vague. The greater the knowledge, the easier road to profits... hopefully she would learn something here.

The Wood Elf smiles, "Ah, a pleasure to meet you at last Yetta. Your cousin has mentioned quit often. Please come this way," she gestures and moves to a side door behind the counter. The older gentleman gives you a warm smile and continues humming as he works.

"Oh dear me, where are my manners, my name is Serena and that is Leonan," nodding her head at the man, he bows slightly at you. "We are friends of your cousin, he's upstairs if you would like to catch up with him?" she opens the door and you see a set of stairs going up.

"Thank you, Serena, I would be delighted to meet with my cousin. If you would be so kind as to lead the way..."

Magnus moves towards the doorway, Yetta behind him. He inclines his head to Serena indicating she is to climb the stairs in front of him.

Serena laughs, "I'll be back in a moment Leo, seems the big quiet one is afraid of stairs." with that she leads the way, "Careful, the fifth stair creaks, don't want you jumping out of that armour from fright."

At the top of the stairway, Serena knocks on the door and calls, "Artie, you have company," as she swings open the door to an appartment living room.

Sitting in a high backed cusioned chair is the Hobling, looking up from a ledger, "Good good, show them in."

He's was not quite about climbing the stairs and took particular satisfaction on making the fifth stair creek as loudly as possible. Magnus at the top of the stairs turns to her and gives a wither glare, grunts and walks to stand by the door. While at the door Magnus gives her a large smile showing off all his sharp teeth.

"so you're the cousin she keeps telling me about, good to finally meet you" he says with his deep voice and arms crossed.

"Thank you, Serena." Yetta says to the wood elf.

"And thank you Magnus for doing your duty. One never knows what you are walking into when one is mysteriously summoned by a nameless 'friend'." She gives a stern direct look at Artie

"Really, cousin, wasn't this a tad dramatic?"

Looking bewildered' "Dramatic? What is so dramatic about having a group of street eurchins watch for you to deliver a message to come visit me? I have more important matters to take care of then sitting around the city waiting for you to show up. You obviusly got the message cause here you are. No no, what would have been dramatic would have been trumpets and a carriage." Placing the ledger on a side table, Artie gets up and walks over to a small wood stove where a kettle is slowly steaming away, "thank you Serena for showing them up. Would you like some tea Yetta?"

"Surething dear," placing a hand on Yetta's forearm, "let Artie know what you need for supplies," then turns to leave, "your one molar is starting to discolor, you might want that looked into," giving Magnus a wink as she leaves, closing the door behind her.

Yetta sighs

"Seems a bit sad that I have to explain my reference. The drama doesn't come from the message, or the delivery. It comes from not signing the notes, or telling the urchins who was looking for me. So, why all the mystery? You know how dutiful I am to my family, so why not just tell me it was you looking for me? I may be still a bit put out that you didn't warn me Parsons Breach was overrun with monsters, but that would never stop me from coming to see you if you asked. The whole reason I travelled to the Breach in the first place was in response to your request!! Now I'm tired from walking all day, hungry because we didn't make it to the inn & now I feel foolish for all my security precautions. Will you PLEASE just tell me what you wanted to speak to me about?"

Yetta takes a couple deep breaths & then in a softer tone says "Tea would be lovely, thanks."

** Bunin awaits Yetta in the Ogres Head tavern **

a messanger knocks on the door. "Lady Yetta?" he asks. "I have an invitation to Grand Duchess Victoria's Ball this weekend. Sorry it took so long to get to you, but it was hard to track you down in this sizeable city. Please have the invite with you or you may not be let in. Is there a 'Magnus' here as well? I have an invitation for him. The event is to honor those that retook Parson's Breach. Gettnig an accurate list of those defending the Breach at that time was difficult." the messanger hands over 2 small parchments wrapped with the blue ribbon of the Duchess.

You hear a voice in your head. It's female.
You can only make out 2 words ASTRAL... TRAPPED....

Yetta and Magnus' world closes in around them, filled with blackness.

OOG: You both are rendered unconcious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back