Cabin and Tent Site Reservations

Quinn

Squire
PC Cabins Available

Beds: frames and mattresses, bring a single-size air mattress if you wanna however to make them a little more cushiony. All of the Group Cabins should have floor space for 1-2 air mattresses as well (with the possible exception of Duryee which is very small and compact). Most cabins have bunk-style beds though in some locations they are single bed setups.

Amenities: Water is available at all the Cabins, per the website, via the access outside (it is potable, clean and easy to access from well maintained sources). Cabins have Refrigerators (as will the Tavern for people who need to store things) and may have Stoves (they are listed, may not be functional). Cooking can be done there or in the fire pits around the site and Alliance Ohio does offer a Meal Plan (please feel free to post on our boards for reviews of the food we serve.) Cabins do have Electricity.

Bathrooms and Showers: At the least there are Latrines at every campsite (rustic, cabin, etc) and there is a 3-stall outdoor shower setup. Belcher is still under construction (both top and bottom) and as of the last visit to the camp a bathroom was being installed in each section but this renovation may not be completed by the time the event happens. Keppler Lodge (individuals) has water and a latrine located slightly up the hill from the cabin itself and is the closest cabin area to the Outdoor Shower setup.

Groups:
Jamboree – 18 Spaces Available – centrally located
Duryee – 12 Spaces Available – immediately adjacent to the Tavern
Troop 5 – 12 Spaces Available – very remote and down a steep path, isolated no road access
Belcher (Top) – 10 Spaces Available – accessed via a suspended bridge (partially under construction)
Belcher (Lower) – 10 Spaces Available – centrally located (partially under construction)

Individuals seeking Cabin Space:

Keppler Lodge – 24 Spaces Available – easy path to the Tavern. Beds are bunk style in one room with a “living” room at the entrance.

NPCS WILL AUTOMATICALLY HAVE SPACE RESERVED FOR THEM IN HOOVER LODGE.

Tent Sites:
The Tent Sites have latrines and running water on site and include fire pits. The following sites will be available for PCs to camp in and have level ground with grass, little to no rocks (easily removed if found) and are centrally located and easily accessible to the Tavern, Cabins and other camp amenities. Tent sites do NOT have Electricity running to them. Please bring a tent and all required supplies, sleeping bags/air mattresses and anything else you’d like (such as battery lamps).

Delaware (about 30 people)
Turtle (about 20 people)
Cricket (about 8 people)
Buffalo (is connected by a stairway to Jamboree Cabin) (about 14 people)
Blackhawk (about 14 people)

Tent sites NOT listed here may be “overgrown” (ie not mowed/maintained as well), extremely remote or reserved for NPC Use (ya’ll want Mods and Adventures doncha?)

Process for Reserving a Cabin or Tent Site:
1) Each Group must have a “Group Leader” who will do the reservations and be a contact point for Cabins/Tent Spaces.

2) All members of the Group MUST be pre-reg’d for the Event and payment arrangements made (at the door or pre-pay via Paypal or Check/Money order). Once everyone who is a member of the Group has submitted their Pre-Registration the Group Leader can send their cabin request to:

3) aaragonses@yahoo.com (Scott Edwards email). Please include the names of all individuals who are members of the Group, Group Leader contact information in case we need to reach you for any reason (email, phone number, etc), any MEDICAL information we may need (such as a CPAP or required electricity), the payment method of each group member as well as the desired Cabin.

4) Once everything is verified I will update the Group Leader and the National Event Forums to show the reservation.

5) Individuals who are seeking a Cabin will likely be placed in Keppler lodge but we may request other Cabins with 1-2 open Bed Spaces accept an individual if beds become short supply. If this situation occurs I will contact the Group Leader(s) of the Cabin to discuss it. Cabins can be sub-divided with Tarps or other representations to make smaller Warded Areas within as well.

Please understand:
We are going to do our best to work out the Cabin situations to the satisfaction of everyone involved. To make this easier on everyone we’ve gone with a “first come, first served” approach giving preference to Groups who have fully pre-Reg’d and pre-paid as well as taking into consideration any MEDICAL NECESSITIES we may encounter. Ensuring the medical health of our attendees is and always has been a major concern for Alliance Ohio so if you plan on attending the event and are in a situation which would require special medical consideration PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME at aaragonses@yahoo.com or PM on the Alliance Forums “Quinn” so that I can keep track of this information.

If at any time you need to speak with someone on a Customer Service basis please don’t hesitate to contact either myself, Paul Foisy (National HOP and The Man) or Christina Velderman (Alliance GM) to assist you.

Also remember: bring you gear, bring your props and bring your creativity! Lets cover this camp in Alliance so deep that visitors will feel they stepped into a Renaissance Faire! All staff would love to see every Cabin and every Tent City appearing fully In Game and as amazing as it can look. Who knows? There may even be something special in it for you guys... :)

What size group/Percentage of the cabin do we accounted for to 'claim' it (like 7/10 spots etc.?) I'm seriously pondering taking point because since I'm flying in, tenting like I usually do won't be a good option.

Its a bit rough for me to guess because different chapters seem to have different "team" sizes or numbers of players coming out.
At this point I'd say if you can claim about 3/4 of the available space the Cabin would be "yours". The smallest cabin would be the two Belcher Cabin spaces (top and bottom)at 7-8 minimum. As I said, though, if space gets limited we may ask if we can slide some lone individuals or a "group" of 2-3 in the remaining spaces so having a contingency ward idea (tapestry, curtains, etc) may be a good idea to sub-divide space.

If you're looking to get 1/2 of a cabin or less I'd plan on another group taking the other spaces unless we have a really low turnout (which I hope is NOT the case!).

It may be something for players who are looking for Cabins to post in their Chapter Forums or here looking to combine groups and make alliances/deals prior to arriving on site or requesting the cabins- work out between characters ways to fill up entire Cabins or tenting spaces with people you are most comfortable with.

In Ohio we do not usually reserve Cabin space allowing Players to deal with this In Game or claiming first-come-first-served when they get on site. Because we have so many people coming from so many different locations, however, we're trying this out to ease some minds. :) Rest assured we're planning on the process being a discussion and planning operation and I will do my best to ensure there is no misinformation or misconceptions about what is happening. Until we start to see who is planning on coming, what they are planning, etc, however, all I can go on now is guesswork and rough ideas--

Speaking of first-come-first serve, any word on how early people can get to site? It's a bit of a drive, so we'd like to be able to make solid plans here shortly. :cool:

Anytime Friday realistically. The Symposium will be taking place on site as well for a few days prior to the Event (though we do not have the entire site rented during this time- just a single building for this) and our "full camp rental" begins Friday Morning between 8-10am (when the Private Rental signs should be going up).

There should be people arriving bright and early to help other morning travelers get themselves settled and show them around the site- I have a few volunteers for that in mind ... :)

What about Monster Camp?

matrim1985 said:
What about Monster Camp?
Specifically what? If I understand correctly the answers are:
Monster Camp/NPC Camp will be at Hoover Lodge and NPCs who sign up will have space made for them. Same arrival times apply as that is when we get the camp.

I would like to claim Cabin Duryee in the name of the Black Jackals and Kiwis.
We have at least 8 people coming and would be willing to let some other allies lodge to fill to capacity.

Libras said:
I would like to claim Cabin Duryee in the name of the Black Jackals and Kiwis.
We have at least 8 people coming and would be willing to let some other allies lodge to fill to capacity.

Process for Reserving a Cabin or Tent Site:
1) Each Group must have a “Group Leader” who will do the reservations and be a contact point for Cabins/Tent Spaces.

2) All members of the Group MUST be pre-reg’d for the Event and payment arrangements made (at the door or pre-pay via Paypal or Check/Money order). Once everyone who is a member of the Group has submitted their Pre-Registration the Group Leader can send their cabin request to:

3) aaragonses@yahoo.com (Scott Edwards email). Please include the names of all individuals who are members of the Group, Group Leader contact information in case we need to reach you for any reason (email, phone number, etc), any MEDICAL information we may need (such as a CPAP or required electricity), the payment method of each group member as well as the desired Cabin.

4) Once everything is verified I will update the Group Leader and the National Event Forums to show the reservation.

As of yet I haven't heard anything from the Jackals before this, Joe- and other teams are looking at Duryee as well. Please follow the proscribed method acause that is only fair to everyone involved. Get those Jackals pre-regin' already!

Full pre-reg, including payment, or just the form?

EDIT: And I will use my powers of annoyance to get them to pre-reg. Someone will be hurt, likely me.

Right now I'm looking for the pre-reg forms and if you are doing Pre-Pay via Paypal getting that in is a bonus. In the event of a tie of two groups looking for the same cabin the team which PAYS for it first will get it first lol. You can pre-reg to pay at door, however- I just need to make sure you are coming.

Are all of the cabin spaces still available?

Most. I've had a lot of bites on them but no group has had 100% fulfillment except a small party of about 4 from out West. I will get that posted later-- sorry its taking a while to get everything arranged lol.

Still have a lot of "single space" in the barracks-style Cabin as well- electric and bunk beds and Ohio does allow you to sub-divide with tarps or preferably wall hangings to make small wards inside the building-- so you and a couple friends can snag bunks together and make a safe place to chat without worrying about having a whole cabin to yourselves (and possibly being eaten by monsters).

Okay...there is one part that is giving me pause....what does "under construction" mean in Ohio? In Michigan when it comes to roads it means TOTALLY F'ed up.

Belcher (Top) – 10 Spaces Available – accessed via a suspended bridge (partially under construction)
Belcher (Lower) – 10 Spaces Available – centrally located (partially under construction)

Are their gaping holes in the walls or ceiling? Large amounts of bugs? And is it just the suspended bridge that is "partially under construction" or the whole cabin?

How difficult is it to go between the two??? top and bottom.

We have 15 people confirmed coming....of those 12 are all pre-regged...one more will tonight and the other two on Wednesday after they spend some build and get paid.

We have our eyes on the two belchers or Jamboree....any suggestions?

daver

markusdark said:
If no one else will suggest it by Wednesday, I'll 'declare' an intention of an area for a gypsy camp.

I second this. I know there are many of us coming. Would be nice to have a spot to call our own.

Ash said:
markusdark said:
If no one else will suggest it by Wednesday, I'll 'declare' an intention of an area for a gypsy camp.

I second this. I know there are many of us coming. Would be nice to have a spot to call our own.

I third it

Fourth it. Although I don't know where Drew will end up. I don't think I could change Rowan into a rom in time for the event. :lol:

--Amy

BtB said:
Okay...there is one part that is giving me pause....what does "under construction" mean in Ohio? In Michigan when it comes to roads it means TOTALLY F'ed up.

Are their gaping holes in the walls or ceiling? Large amounts of bugs? And is it just the suspended bridge that is "partially under construction" or the whole cabin?

How difficult is it to go between the two??? top and bottom.

We have 15 people confirmed coming....of those 12 are all pre-regged...one more will tonight and the other two on Wednesday after they spend some build and get paid.

We have our eyes on the two belchers or Jamboree....any suggestions?

daver

Under Construction, in this case, means when I popped my head in they had drywall up and a table full of tools and a toilet sitting in the area but not installed yet. So worst case we move stuff into the bathroom area and cover it with a nice tarp and forget its their- best case we do some light sweeping and its your own home away from home.

Incidentally on all of this- Regardless of if you stay in a Cabin or Tent I think we'll have plenty of space to give each "race" an "enclave space" with a campfire ring and space for tents/decorations. Orcs and Ogres? Show your pride with a tribal village! Gypsies bring your Varda stuff! Coming en'masse from the Army? Bring your banners and tents and regiments- even if you don't SLEEP there its still a very cool place to hang out during the day. :)

I'm processing the cabin requests today. In scott time I'd say I'll have them up tonight or tomorrow but with real life influences if they aren't up by 1:02 tomorrow afternoon you can just wait until 1:03 or whatever :) Certainly before October. I promise that much :)

So I am going to make the judgment call and officially announce in my unofficial capacity that the main gypsy camp will be located at the Delaware camping site. I managed to find a map of the camp and it is a more 'round' campsite than Turtle (which is more linear) and it close to Keppler Lodge for those gypsies who have had enough of the canvas roofs in their lives. It is also (other than Keppler Lodge) a little bit further away from the center of the camp than the other sites so our raucous debauchery will be a little less disturbing. :)

Back