Cabins at HQ Site --- Important!!!

If you are/were interested in purchasing your own cabin for the HQ chapter at the Faire Play site, please contact me immediately via e-mail or phone!

There is a time constraint, so if you know someone who was interested, please make sure that they contact me immediately.

Thanks!

--- Eric Stehle (610) 331-1988

What about people who are interested in having a cabin down the road (chronologically)?

-Justin

I remember reading this on the old board, but i can't recall if it was addressed int hat thread or not.

1) what were the costs for those again?
2) what size?
3) do you get to decorate it?
4) how does the "ownership" work. If it is built on the fairplay site, a site which could be rented by other games, is "your cabin" then off limits for use or does fairplay use it because it is on thier land?

I believe Rich and I were interested, but like Justin said...what about purchases later on?

I would be happy to answer any and all questions, but I rather not get into a bulletin board discussion as I've seen how quickly subjects gets over-analyzed by people.... many of whom don't even have a personal stake in the issue at hand.

In addition, this issue is sensitive because money is involved and I'd like to protect the privacy of those who are interested.

If you have specific questions about the cabins, please send me an e-mail at IvnDrake@aol.com (note there is no "a" in "Ivn") and I will give you all the information.

Thanks!

--- Eric Stehle

I sent you an email Eric about this!

Justin H-

me too

-Justin

twice even :)

Thanks Eric!

-Justin

from what I saw of the purchaseable cabins, they will not be equipped with toilet/shower areas...

And from what I remember there were plans to build a bathhouse type building/put showers in the main building/tavern

-Justin

I didnt see those details either, so I was just asking how far I am gonna have to go for a toilet and how long it will be until they think that we will have them

Toilets are very expensive, because they require a septic system...

We have great showers now (as anyone who has been there can tell you) but toilets may have to wait another year. It will all depend on how successful we are! The more events you attend, the more money we can use to build more!

We thought that cabins was the first priority.

I hope to make it out to some games, now that you are only 3 hours away it should all be good

The showers are very nice - roomy stalls with plenty of nice hot water. The toilets are porta-pots, but I honestly have to say they are the cleanest porto-pots I've ever used.

I really think that since everybody knows its "our" site and we're kinda all in this together, everybody does a nice job of not making too much of a mess - especially with bathroom stuff. It's one thing when the camp has random cleaning staff come in to deal with something... it's another thing altogether when you know the people who will have to take care of things are your friends.

We also put lights and hand sanitizer in the porta johns. They are emptied weekly so are always fresh when the weekend begins. We have been going with 2.

For our biggest event last year when we had over 60 PCs. The porta johns weren't terrible on Sunday but weren't quite as fresh as we would have liked. If we keep getting larger events, we'll get 3 or more as appropriate. That's a self correcting problem though, as if we have more PCs then we can afford to get additional porta johns.

We are working our rear ends off to improve the site all the time. It will only get better and better. We have some big things planned for this year and they will be announced as they become more definite.

Scott

Back