Cabins, pre-reg, and season passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

As our game continues to grow, staying in a good cabin is going to be primo. Recently, there have been questions on another thread about policy and such.

Yes, last year's policy will still stand that as long as 3/4ths of the beds are paid for in the cabin, it can be reserved if done in advance.

With that being said, for many different reasons, we are going to move to a high town/low town feel of the game. What this means is: Greenwood will be reserved for the high town noble teams. Lucky Circle will be reserved for the commoners and commoner teams.

Some people will tent near the firepit south of the tavern (I have agreed to allow fire there only ;-) ).

NPCs will give up one of the Lucky circle cabins to facilitate this... as well as occupy any empty beds not taken in the noble houses. If weather cooperates, we will attempt to fill up NPC camp first, the large gray trailer, then the town guard barracks. If weather looks forboding, the noble extra bunks will be taken.

Please be patient with us and logistics as we sort this all out to see how it works! I am looking forward to gaming with you in less than 2 weeks!!!

Excited for a fantastic 2015,

Jesse

Jesse, I know this is an OOG decision, but can you let us know what this looks like IG? The Scions will want to know who to put on their "gift of black balls" list.

Thanks!

It now definitely feels like the nobility is getting benefits OOG too. We fill and pay for our cabin just like they do, but now we are moving out. Feels like, institutionally, the "2nd class citizen" label has been very officially handed out. I know there has been a lot of anger about the cabin issue already, so I'm sorry to pile on. Lots of hurt feelings about this.

Hi all - We've received a number of emails expressing concern about this policy. We'll definitely discuss it further and take all the feedback into consideration for the future. Hopefully management can fine tune this in such a way that will meet everyone's needs.

First, I wish to express sympathy to the Scions team which is being reassigned to new housing arrangements in this. With two teams vying for one cabin, whichever team didn't get it was going to be unhappy and likely feel cheated -- and it's just a bummer that our camp is what it is, and this is an issue at all. I'm bummed for the Scions (and would have been for whichever team got moved). I know that kind of hugs it for you guys.

Next, I support what Will (Parzivel) is saying above. I can't argue against his point that noble teams of players now receive an OOG benefit due to IG status. If you're not a member of that privileged class, the perception of being cut out hugs it. I get that.

I do want to ask Will and anyone else of like opinion, however, to remember one thing: The players on the noble teams didn't get any more choice in this matter than you did. I started the "Nobles vs. Commoners" thread where Will originally posted his comment because I'm tired of taking grief as a player from other players over the status of my character. I don't want this to be one more thing on that list with people looking at me like I, as a player, am a "second class citizen" in social repute because the team I'm staying with got the cabin we asked for, and another team didn't. That isn't fair. If I'm misreading you, Will, I apologize -- Your post hit a nerve for me as this cabins issue is clearly hitting a nerve for you and others.

The situation is a bummer. The camp has its drawbacks. Not everyone is going to get what they want. More notice would have been nice -- I want to note that today alone has shown us a dramatic improvement in communication from the backstage area! We can't expect perfection, but our game staff is making great forward progress! Various parties will prefer various solutions to this cabin thing; we won't all agree.

My suggestion is that we all calm down, come down from the ledge for a minute, and put our heads together not only as reasonable persons, but as a body filled with people experienced in running LARPs -- Let's roll with this as posted for April. Beyond that, let's try to think of productive suggestions that will work fairly, and favorably to the greatest number of people.

Trace

I preface this with the folks playing the scions, on the ooc level, are A-OK by me. Great fighters, fun people. NICE people ooc too.

BUT

The scions, as characters are second class citizens because they've made no secret about playing not so good guys (the leadership at the very least), from another land, constantly bitching about the nobility, and yet were still getting some of the same IG bennies as barionial teams and that needed to change. Yes, I am putting that directly out in the open. Its nothing against the players whatsoever but that is why I am not bothered by them being separated from the Baronial groups on the basis that its better for game balance. They ARENT a baronial group, but its not as tho you are being denied a team cabin dude. The cabins out in the other loop are just as good as greenwood, yall, as players, seem like you will be accommodated as well as you ever were, so whats the problem here? You arent being treated second class by anyone, its just a cabin shuffle. ALSO you get a better pavillion AND that means there is now more room to get the hell away from the nobility. This looks like a win to me and is actually why several other players moved over there to begin with. Further this is good for the game's dynamic as it is spreading the big teams out more accross the property, thereby evening population dispersion.

THAT SAID... no so keen on official-official high town and low town in general, or NPCs in peoples PC cabins but if thats what yall are doing, this is how its gotta be done sooo whatever, its cool.

Last edited:
I call total BS B. They weren't getting the same IG bennies. They never had a ward given to them. Cabin selection has not been an IG issue up to now, it has been entirely OOG. The issues that Will talks about above are our OOG issues with it. Right now the baronial teams (which I'm also part of) automatically get a nice cabin with heat and electricity OOG. They don't need to pre-reg or pre-pay right after an event. Greenwood is preferential for many of us and the scions don't even get that choice. They are forced to a location which many consider preferential. Their 12 person team which used to fit in fully to a cabin now has to be split into two.

Many of the scions are already trying to work things out with Jesse privately on these issues and he is working with us, but it was a harsh change.

If you want to keep IG stuff IG, great. But the issues here are all OOG issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trace, not blaming any player. It would actually be BETTER if it came from you guys, since unfairness IG seems, well... realistic. Its the OOG unfairness that feels, well... unfair.

Without weighing in on the bigger issue, Paxton, the Lucky Circle cabins do have heat and electricity. Your post implied they didn't.

Just a little reminder to keep things civil, folks. Discussion is great, disagreements are fine, and debate is good too. I understand people are worked up about this (understandably so!), but let's avoid accusations and personal attacks.

One suggestion from my personal strategy... if I feel too riled up to respond in a reasonable way, I take a break from the keyboard. I go for a walk, breathe, drink some water or make some tea, talk it out with another person, do something else for a while to clear my head. Then I can usually respond clearly, civilly, and productively. That's hard to do when my emotions are high or I'm angry or feel defensive!

Did I seem worked up? I tried to just say how I was feeling, and not even place any blame. I really apologize if any one felt like I was being inflammatory or defensive.

There is one moderate benefit to Greenwood over Lucky Circle that I think is being overlooked; all of the largest cabins are there. Big groups in Greenwood are much more likely to get to all bunk together; large groups in Lucky are going to get split up. That's not the be-all end-all, and it's always going to happen to some people because there simply aren't as many king-sized (baron-sized?) cabins as there are large groups, but it's a factor.

Incidentally, though, they make some REALLY BIG tents. Just saying.

Woooooooo TENT CAMP 415!!!

This is utter BS. The players of the Scions paid their registrations in advance, as we always have and cabin placement is an OOC policy. Splitting our team presents logistical problems - we buy our ward(s) unlike the Baronies - as well as causes a problem for some of our players (not the PC's the players) who are less mobile.

Were this announced at the end of last season, rather than a week prior to the event, (after we have all paid) I would have less of an issue with this. Claiming BS about Scions being non/anti noble and thus being kicked out of their traditional cabin is BLEED plain and simple Bree.

This isn't an in character issue and pulling this **** before a week before the event, upon paid players regardless of faction is unacceptable - and a poor business decision.

That isnt what bleed is.

You are imagining insult where it dosnt exist. Period. If you beleive everyone else is basing what they see on incorrect perception, you, your group, and all involved, need to consider, for just one damn moment, that your perceptions are also possibly wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back