Cake Makeup

Gwendara

Fighter
Hey! I need to get some red, white, and black makeup and wondered if anyone knows of a site/brand that is particularly good. Something with good coverage would always be nice. :)

Thanks!
-Christine

I use Mehron, both liquid (for my airbrush) and cake. They have their own website and many costume shops sell their stuff, too.

This site is absolutely fantastic. Great prices and wonderfully fast shipping. Plus it sells all the Mehron and Paradise stuff. :)

http://www.mooncostumes.com

If you buy it online, I would tend to think that buying directly from Mehron would be cheaper. I don't think they'd want to be undersold by the stores who buy from them.

Mehron makes clown makeup called Creamblend. It comes in a stick, so it's very easy to get on. Getting it off is the hard part. It's industrial strength, so it's durable, especially if you use a setting powder or something.

If you poke at this post I made awhile back, it has a list of companies that sell LARP-friendly cake make up: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=306

Personally, I prefer Mehron basic cake or Starblend. But overall, anything you get from Ben Nye or Mehron is A+.

We should get a "make up/prosthetic" thread stickied. This is like, the bazillionth topic devoted to make-up/prosthetics.

That's because you can never have enough makeup/prosthetics. It's a fact of life. My teenage friends go to Sephora, I go to Mehron. Same concept.

I agree whole heartedly that you can never have enough makeup! :D

Back