Call for Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morganne

Fighter
To the good citizens of Kosmara, and the unknown gentle folk beyond the Mist:

It is with heavy heart that I inform you today of my failure. I was charged with the establishment of our newest embassy within Mercatos, in the Duchy of Sairimor, Barony of Seacrest, Village of Kupspar. We arrived with significant force, and yet most were strangely compelled from the region as though a larger magic were at work. We can only presume this is related to the falling star that destroyed the region only recently. Things here are much worse than even we imagined when we brokered the deal to establish our outpost and save Kupspar.

Many of the residents of the region have been forced to leave, their very limbs acting against their wills and carrying them from loved ones. While the best warriors and wizards in our ranks have been taken from the field, yet the hordes of monstrous creatures from the nearby Wyldes somehow manage to stay and have begun taking the region by force. I do not know how long those of us that remain can last without aid.

In short, Kupspar is being overrun and hasn’t the means to fix it.

I implore all those capable of jumping the ley lines or traveling the Mists to come to our aid. Many will be rebuffed by the force which repels so many, but some will hopefully be able to make it to us before all is lost. Come to our aid, and surely there will be great reward for your action.

Yours in trade,
David Harris, Wizard
The Consortium of Kosmara

Good folk,

It is with regret in my own heart that I must inform you that David Harris is acting outside the bounds of his power. While Merconans that wish to travel within the Barony of Seacrest may certainly do so, any non-humans without the proper King’s Adornment of Faith will be subject to all laws and penalties as proscribed by His Majesty.

There is no uncontrollable problem within our fine Barony, and while we appreciate the Wizard’s good heart, this overreaction to a slight pest problem will not result in any levying of the laws and regulations of our region.

To be clear:
-No additional KAF necklaces will be assigned beyond the required quota
-Any non-humans traveling without KAFs will be presumed hostile to the Barony and subject to our law

Let us not be over-concerned about a simple outbreak of goblins – they will be easily handled.

In faith,
Squire Gavin Medina

I am Ito Throckmorton traveling from Charims Hollow in the Deadlands, I wish to aid you but I do not wish to break your laws, It would appear that I would be breaking your laws by traveling to your lands without a Kings Adornment of Faith. To Avoid this I would like to know if it is possible to fill out the paperwork to apply for a KAF upon arrival to your lands? As your Customs and Laws are most readily different from our own so I Will know the laws of your lands so that I may not be ignorant of any law, whom may seek out so that I may learn your laws?

Ito Throckmorton
-Bsquad

Hello Squire,

My name is Loken Raleigh and I am also seeking enterance into your lands for not just myself but my traveling companion as well. Having recently had a tome of your fair lands sold to me by a Hobling, who I might add told me your lands would be a wonderful place to visit, I understand the requirement for a King's Adornment of Faith and shall require the paperwork for two.

Purpose being two fold,
1)I wish to study goblinoid species not just in my native lands but in others as well. These "pests" are generally harmless in small numbers, outright cowards if you ask me, but gathered in large enough groups and they can be dangerous to small isolated communities. Studying this mentallity could be beneficial in effective ways of "pest control"

2)The request by Mr. Harris does seem to present an opportunity to study and eradicate this problem in one shot. I do believe it would show great forethought to issue any additional Kings Adornments of Faith to those non-humans willing to do any dangerous work. I'm sure your own superiors would agree with such a splendid idea if you put it forth.

With regards,
Loken Raleigh

I am doing some traveling on my would like to get a the papers for a King's Adornment of Faith so that I may be able to visit your fine Barony of Seacrest and village of Kupspar. I would also be more than willing to lend my help with the small pest problem while I visit.

Kipcha

To all the citizens that can hear this call:

I implore you to have no fear of reprisals against you for your good actions and travel in response to my call.

KAF necklaces, as provided by the treaty establishing our embassy in the heart of Seacrest, will be provided at the discretion of the Consortium within this Barony. Any and all non-humans that wish to travel safely and participate in this new initiative to break down the racial barriers long separating Mercatos from Kosmara, will be welcomed here.

The Squire underrates his enemy. Come now. Come fast. Come ready for a fight.

Yours in trade,
David Harris, Wizard
The Consortium

Wizard Harris,

My Kumpania would be glad to assist you in your request for aid. We are natives to the area but have not yet walked among those of the Barony the Squire writes of. As such we would like to find, at your convenience, a number of applications for these amulets so that we may travel safely in your lands. Our swords and spells will be at your aid to fend off the hostile advances. I would hope you might also take part of our hospitality when the time is fitting. It is our sincerest desire to learn of your ways and laws as we assist you in your call for aid.

By my hand,
Don'loVega

I'll come help fight some goblins! I'm a pretty good hunter and I can shoot real well with my crossbow. Kovu has told me lots of stories about adventures through the mists so I think I'll try coming to help you and see if I can get through the mists to your place soon. I only have one crossbow though and I'll need lots of bolts if were gonna fight lots of goblins. (I would only need another crossbow if something broke this one.) If you know anyone Wizard guy who can sell bolts or make em I'll buy all the bolts I can find!

I can't really read so I don't know what folks need to do to get this Kings thing. But I promise I follow the laws and respect in charge people so if I need to kneel and stuff I'll listen.

I just like hunting, but I only hunt with my bow so I just need to find lots of bolts to keep hunting!

A great hunter,
-Quyri

Wizard Harris,

My Kumpania would be glad to assist you in your request for aid. We are natives to the area but have not yet walked among those of the Barony the Squire writes of. As such we would like to find, at your convenience, a number of applications for these amulets so that we may travel safely in your lands. I would hope you might also take part of our hospitality after we have completed our applications. It is our sincerest desire to learn of your ways and laws as we assist you in your call for aid.

By my hand,
Don'loVega

Squire Gavin,

Thank you for your warning, I will make sure that while I travel I am sure to not break the laws of Mercatos. I will obtain a KAF as soon as I arrive if not before hand. After I have acquiesced with the laws I would like it if we could speak as part of my studies with the Lau-Borne Society. If you find the time, please advise.

Thank you,
Ràn-ettelëa

Greetings to Wizard Harris,

I Sarinjiro hear your call and will come to aid you

Sarinjiro

To anyone out there:

Thank you to those that are en route. This will be my last chance to close my eyes and dream prior to your arrival.

The Squire has been taken, along with many citizens. These goblins are unlike any I have ever seen – they are not just simple-minded creatures. Something greater is afoot in Kupspar.

We have no soldiers left, only small pockets of resistance holding out around the village. They will not last long against this horde. Even now I can hear the screaming.

I will take the field Friday night, and retake this town with any aid that will muster. We will not let it fall like this; our mission is too important. Any non-humans that join me in this battle will be awarded a King’s Adornment of Faith for their service – fighting for the citizens of the Kingdom is one of the best professions of good faith I can imagine.

Yours in trade,
David Harris, Wizard
The Consortium

Musta gotten hit on the head pretty hard from that fall down the last little bit of the Diamond Spines. I'm hearing other people in my sleep now? I was trying to get to Seacrest and was wondering how to get one a those KAF things. I was following a Consortium caravan, hoping to catch a word with them, but it turns out they were headed for the Wyldes. Not a place to be heading alone. Maybe if I skirt around the borders of Prashant and Zemrackor I get get up to this Kupspar place in a coupla days.

Auger Timberset

Don't need no favor from no human king. I travel where I like.

Goblins tasty enough when you're hungry. I got some huntin' in me. So you'll see me, If you look in the right places.

Lupo

Auger Timberset
it sounds like a dangerous path that you travel, if you could name a prominent landmark that others would know I would be happy to travel with you as I find myself in need of a guide while in these lands and find myself fending off people for my own life.

Ito Throckmorton

Hail, Ito,

Y'see. The Wyldes are just about smack dab center of Kosmara, and Mercatos is just east of that. I came from the southwest, heading eastward. I thought I needed to head the whole way around Mercatos, but a few travelers on the road are telling me that the barony of Seacrest (where we're all headed) is more on the western side of Mercatos, near the Wyldes. I was heading the whole way 'round the wrong side of the frakkin' kindgom! Well, if I make it to Kupspar in one piece maybe we can have a mug of ale and chat a bit. I'm still not used to this bit about people talking in my head when I sleep. That ale will do me some good, even if it tastes like troll piss.

I'm somewhere in the south central region as I sleep now. If you can find your way to where I am we can travel the rest of the way together. Sorry I can't be more specific. It's my first time out traveling and I'm barely finding my way as it is.

Auger Timberset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back