*CANCELLED* Maelstrom December 13th-15th: Pride and Extreme Prejudice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaryn

Knight
Due to low preregistration turnout we will be cancelling the December weekend event. Our thanks and appreciation to those who took the time to preregister and/or prepay. Refunds for those who prepaid will be issued by the end of the day tomorrow.

We are currently working on next year's schedule, and will be sure to make an announcement as soon as we have the calendar put together and sites reserved.

Thanks,

-Dan

“Nothing burns like the cold.” – George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Somewhere near the Last Bastion

“So, I was able to push my senses out and I suspect there are a more people like me out there.” The blue-haired boy smiled at his former protector. “You were right to send me to the Bringers of Hope.”
“I’m glad it worked out, Justin. You should stay with them. Help them if you can. I’m leaving the Bastion for a while. I have sensed something far to the Northeast; it may be what I’ve been searching for all these years.”

“Shouldn’t you take some of them with you? I know if you asked they would help.”
Avensis’ expression turned grave. “They will need all their numbers for what they are about to face.”

Justin bit his lip in worry and nodded knowingly.

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

“Phlogiston, you’re a fool. If you tell them how to defeat Ice’s, they will know how to defeat ours. If ours falls, Angana will turn her focus here and both of our plans will crumble. I did not work this hard to let your fear spoil my future.”

The fiery Quartermaster glared at the make-shift elemental. “Thiseus, you may very well be the only mortal to have taken and controlled enough Flame Energy to become an elemental, but you will never be one of us to me. I have no concern for your plans with the mortals. Despite the efforts of Baron Chid, Ice is advancing and the Foreman’s goal is at risk. I will take whatever steps necessary to secure the success of Fire.”

“And the cost of that success? It will be short lived if we sell all our secrets to the mortals. This will not stand, Quartermaster.”
Thiseus struck out with his blade; the Quartermaster’s mace met it and an eruption of flame marked the beginning of combat.

Meanwhile, even further away...

Gai Yasa’s wings propelled the abomination across the sky; its shadow spreading preternatural far across the earth below. Wherever the icy darkness fell, warriors, tacticians, and victims of a long abandoned war rose from their graves be they makeshift, honored, or simply where they fell, bringing with them their weapons and treasures. As columbarium doors burst open, shades, ghosts, and other spectral undead swirled into existence from the ashes of their bodies, summoning to them their long forgotten items of power. Gai Yasa pushed forward, leading its army to the interlopers.

Pre-registration for Alliance San Francisco's December 13th-15th 2013 weekend event is open!

Price:
  • Member PC: $80 at the door. $70 if pre-paid.
  • Non-Member PC: $90 at the door. $80 if pre-paid
  • Cast/Crew: $0. (Food is included, but we recommend you bring some extra snacks and drinks.)

Please use the pre-registration form located here to register for the event. If you wish to pre-pay for the event, you may do so here. Please remember that if you plan to pay on arrival you will need to bring cash, as we do not take checks or credit cards at the door.

Registered Players:

Registered Cast/Crew:

Current Incomplete Pre-registrations:

Please see Logistics and You for more information on what is required to complete your pre-registration and remember that you will need to bring all related tags to logistics, or logistics will not be able to check you in. This includes magic item tags, spell and production books, and workshop tags. Any magic items being brought to game not pre-registered or checked in at your first logistics of the weekend will not be able to be used for that weekend.

When you arrive:
When you arrive on site please go directly to logistics to check in before unloading and setting up. We will not be having opening ceremonies this weekend; you will be in game as soon as you are checked in and in costume. Any relevant pre-game information will be distributed with your check-in packet.

Food:
Our meal plan for PCs costs $20 for the weekend. You MUST pre-register in order to buy into the meal plan. The pre-registration interface has an option to both be included and let us know about any dietary restrictions. There is an additional cost of 2 silver per meal in game to the kitchen staff (and if you can't pay that, talk to them about helping out in the kitchen.) Water will be available to everyone for free at all times. Other drinks may be available for a small in game charge. We really need Cast/Crew to pre-register for the event as well so that we can estimate food needs; in the event we run short Cast/Crew that pre-register will be fed before those who do not. The menu for the weekend is as follows:

(Menu forthcoming)

Leftovers will be in the walk-in fridge and people on the meal plan may help themselves at any time that meals are not currently being served. We do request that you put the food back in the fridge as soon as you are done getting your food, before you go to eat it. We also request that you clean up after yourself with leftovers.

On a related note, the kitchen staff brings many of their own personal supplies from home to help run the kitchen. If you are using any of them (oven mitts, measuring cups, measuring spoons, towels, cooking tools) please clean them (if applicable) and put them back where you found them when you are done. We would very much like to not have to search the lodge to find a missing oven mitt.

The Tavern will have coolers with ice water and Kool-aid drink mix all weekend. People should bring reusable bottles to fill up at the coolers. There will also be coffee available if you talk to the Kitchen staff.

If you need food during the weekend please come see us, we have snacks and there may be leftovers available so come see us if you need food.

Meal Plan Requests:

Sleeping Arrangements
Like last event, sleeping arrangements for this weekend will be different than usual. We have four eight-bed cabins available for PC use. To request a cabin please email logistics@alliancesf.net. Priority will be given to groups and to out-of-state visitors without other sleeping arrangements. If you are requesting a cabin for a group please have everyone in your group preregister before submitting your request. Due to the limited sleeping space for this weekend we will be filling any unclaimed beds Friday night on a first-come, first-served basis.

If the cabins fill up or if you prefer to sleep elsewhere, there will be campsites and perma-tents available. In the case of camping-unfriendly weather we may open up additional beds, but do not plan on it. Remember to bring extra bedding if you are using the perma-tents; the cots are comfortable but not particularly insulating.

Cabin 1:

Cabin 2:

Cabin 3:

Cabin 4:

Cook's Room: Staff
Director's Room: Staff
Bunk Room #1: Cast/Crew
Bunk Room #2: Cast/Crew Overflow

Last edited by a moderator:
Now with teaser!

Due to low preregistration turnout we will be cancelling the December weekend event. Our thanks and appreciation to those who took the time to preregister and/or prepay. Refunds for those who prepaid will be issued by the end of the day tomorrow.

We are currently working on next year's schedule, and will be sure to make an announcement as soon as we have the calendar put together and sites reserved.

Thanks,

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back