Casus Belli Storyline 2: Spirits are among us!

Alliance Chicago

Owner
Chicago Staff

Casus Belli Storyline 2​

1685762503469.png

The dead cannot rest! For the last six months, any Rathfallians who die within the city gates rise back up as ghosts, wandering the streets. All attempts to defeat them have failed, as they all rise up again the next day, denied their final rest.

The Mistweavers and Earth’s Chosen have been working tirelessly to devise a solution. Weaver Manu will update you all in the next few days with the types of spirits and our potential options.

Tread carefully Unbounded, the nights have been harrowing here.

-Vindicator Philip of the Earth's Chosen

Last edited:
Vindicator Philip,

Has any agents of the Sovereign attempted retaliation or acts of strange magic? This would be similar to the Lantern Jack incident. I cant imagine the Soverign is happy not collecting these spirits.

Asher
Lady of the Rising Tide

Vindicator Philip,

I have spoken with my spiritual siblings, sisters, and brethren in the guild, and we of The Order of the Pearled Heart feel compelled to aid you, as your Order and Ours share many values and goals; we have within our supplies a Haven of the Living Dragonscript that we secured for a circumstance such as this. Our Order offers to perform the Ritual to create a Haven of the Living for you; our only condition is that it be placed and leveraged in such a way that this veil of powerful magic would protect and benefit the most vulnerable of Rathfall: the poor, the sick, the children, the unfortunate, those without resource or recourse in such dire times. We will organize the reagents and tomes of High Magic needed to create as large of a veiled area as we can manage, if only you would show us where we might cast the ritual, and gather those who need it most under the umbrella of this Protection.

If the area of effect would also give a logistical and strategic advantage to both the Mistweavers and Earth’s Chosen in your efforts to protect the city, we would also be pleased with this outcome.

With urgency and goodwill,
The Order of the Pearled Heart
Housemother Adlao- HM, OPH

Vindicator Philip,

Has any agents of the Sovereign attempted retaliation or acts of strange magic? This would be similar to the Lantern Jack incident. I cant imagine the Soverign is happy not collecting these spirits.

Asher
Lady of the Rising Tide
Truth be told, I swear I've seen my shadow move by itself for moments when I am not vigilant. I normally wouldn't reveal something so personal, but I have not slept soundly in over two weeks. We (thankfully) haven't seen a Lantern Jack around Rathfall, but I have had reports come across my desk of a strange creature calling himself Grendal or Mr. Grendal or one single report that mentions their name as Sweet Tooth.

He is EXTREMELY dangerous and are known to wander to any battlefield looking for teeth to collect. Stay clear.

-Vindicator Phillip

Greetings Unbounded,

I am Mistweaver Maru, and I have been ordered to update you all on my work for the last 6 months. From the several trials and countless documented observations I have conducted, I have been able to categorize the attacking spirits into three types that manifest after death. Nearly all bodies begin to dissipate and reform into an adversarial ghost within a minute after death. We have no evidence that suggests animals or other creatures are affected by the Curse. When the ghost reforms, it will manifest as one of three kinds that I shall elucidate below.
  • Gloom Spirits: Ghosts that are overwhelmed with grief and sadness after manifesting back. The smallest of the three ghosts, they have the power of flight and seek to drain you of your ability to fight with their unending despair.
  • Tormentor Spirits: These ghosts are fueled by their anger of being dead and unable to cross over out of the Material Plane. They are the toughest of the three ghosts, as they used their rage to breakdown anyone's ability to offensively fight back.
  • Whisperer Spirits: These spirits are driven by their jealously for the living. While they are not the strongest of the three types, they may certainly be the more dangerous. Their covetous and resentful thoughts allow them to possess individuals and control their actions and thoughts.
Normal weapon blows are ineffective towards them. While defeating them is attenable, we have consistently observed the same defeated ghosts returning within 24 hours.

I will be at the ready to answer questions, as are my instructions.

Mistweaver Maru

Back