Changing wand rituals to be able to target weapons

Octal

Is there any chance we can can get the wand rituals changed so they can target weapons?

With Oak of the arcane and the level 2 Steelsoul passive ability it would be nice if we can make a small change to the wand rituals.
Only need to add a single line, something like "The ritual effect is only active when the target is useable as a wand."
That way someone using a staff with Oak of the arcane or a bonded weapon with Steelsoul could use the wand rituals, but they would only work for someone with those abilities.

I have concerns about expanding the wand rituals to weapons, as it seem like yet another place where hybrid classes, particularly Spellsword, will continue to dominate the game.

We (Seattle) hardly see any staves at all, and Oak of the Arcane even less.

Expanding to "any" weapon may see that use expand somewhat, however I suspect that whatever reasoning ARC/Owners have to not even test an Earth Wand is similar to what would get in the way of expanding "wands" to a "non-stick format".

"I have concerns about expanding the wand rituals to weapons, as it seem like yet another place where hybrid classes, particularly Spellsword, will continue to dominate the game."
^ The rituals would only be active if the target was useable as a wand, so it would only function if someone was using oak of the arcane or with the new paragon paths, if they were a level 2 stealsoul.
It's would let a few characters that have a wand that is not a stick, to be able to still use the wand rits.

I have no objection to expanding wand rituals to "any object that can be used as a wand."

I have concerns about expanding the wand rituals to weapons, as it seem like yet another place where hybrid classes, particularly Spellsword, will continue to dominate the game.

Templar don't dominate the game now, and I very much doubt that trend will change when 2.0 rolls around.

You'll note that the melee constant damage change was made specifically to combat people swinging 20+ as Fighters (or 40+ from behind as a Rogue) all day as opposed to a Templar with four 90-point Slays, an Eviscerate or two, swing 10's, and a four column. The magic item change was also made with these classes in mind (who needs a scholar when you have 40 rituals in your pocket and can swing 25 with a 1h weapon?).

Further, Wand scaling damage was also reduced - not to deal with the 5-10 damage a Templar would throw for a middling number of times per day, but to deal with the 20 - 25 elemental damage per packet a C scholar could throw more than 100 times per day.

While I like the idea. This would only expand the divide in strength between Celestial and Earth casters and Templars.

If Earth gets wands, if Champion of the Living gets the same ability to use their sword as a wand and Oak of the Arcane is made a general High Magic, then This change would be good.

Back