[.11] Channeling language confusion

JeffL

In the Channeling section (Page 26)
In the first paragraph:
"The Pool can be used in increments of 5 up to a maximum of 10 points"​
I would suggest
"The Pool can be channeled in either 5 point or 10 point bursts."

Similarly, a bit further down in the example:
"Sarah, a Celestial caster, has purchased Channeling three times. She has 75 points of Channeling Pool to evoke throughout the day, in increments of either 5 points or 10 points, using a Wand of a specific element"​
I would suggest:
"Sarah, a Celestial caster, has purchased Channeling three times. She has 75 points of Channeling Pool to use throughout the day, in 5 point or 10 point bursts, using a Wand of a specific element"

Thirdly, Improved Channeling currently says that it
"allows a character's Channeling Pool maximum value to be increased by 10 points per packet"​
But that isn't quite right. The Channeling Pool isn't increasing, it is the amount per packet that is increasing (which is clear in the example).

I was confused as well. My reading is that
a) Channeling buys you more damage total (25, 50, 75, 100) each at 5 or 10 points per shot.
b) Improved Channeling allows you bigger shots per purchase (at one purchase you can do 5, 10, 15, 20...at two 5,10...25,30 etc)

Joe Siegel

Also with Channeling changing the wand rules would the restriction on Killing blow with a wand/relic packets be lifted as is is now a purchased skill?

Back