Choice of the Vysen

Traceroo

Rogue
Acarthians,

The clans and tribes of the Howling Woods invite you to moot with us under a banner of peace if you can stay your weapons for an hour's time.

The Hunter's Moon has passed, and now the clans gather in the area that you call your "Annex" when 9 bells chime on Friday the 13th, a night of power recognized by all peoples.

For one year, the clans and tribes within the Howling Woods have contested, each to demonstrate our glory and strength. From among the following, one will be chosen as Vysen to stand at the right hand of Dargok the Unkillable:

Nogra, Shaman of the Gnarltusk Clan of Ogres
Azug, Shaman of The Chosen ogres
Ku'Thark, War Leader of the Ulrathi tribe of orcs
Sark, Chieftain of the Vilker hobgoblins
Drutha, Chieftain of the Bloodtusk tribe of orcs
Generosity of the Tribe of Thou goblins

We will allow the Acarthians to speak at this moot that you may demonstrate your willingness to treat honorably with this new leader among us. Stand witness as the new Vysen is chosen from amongst our number.

Break the peace of our moot at your peril, Acarthians. Remember: You are invited guests, bound by traditions of hospitality older than any of our races. Even the most savage creatures know that breaking ancient tradition on Friday the 13th is unwise.

Come. Gather at our fire. Moot with us under a banner of peace. You are guests.

Those I name here receive my personal invitation:

Baron of Warchester
Knight of Port Tyrok
Baron of Rivervale
James
Tevasti
Peat Moss
Svardi the Unnamed, and Two Who Are Three in the Eyes of the Raven
Gwen
Elwin
Princess Allora
Honorable Knight of Rivervale
Meyvanwy
Bell Shwinn
Demvarien Corinthus

Gather, Acarthia. Send your speakers and your witnesses. The choice of the Vysen affects your people as much as mine. Join at our fire at 9 bells.

Nogra
Shaman of the Gnarltusk Clan

P.S. Acarthians, it has been pointed out to me that you cannot figure out that this invitation is for all of you. If you wish to witness this choice, if you wish to speak, if you have the wisdom to listen, then come. I hope that all of New Acarthia should have such good sense to attend in peace.

[OOG: This encounter will start the event at 9:00 pm. It will be located around the firepit in the Old Tent Camp area. Please be aware that the live fire and terrain in this area present certain safety challenges should melee combat break out; please be very careful. The event's festivities will kick off at this time, in this place. We hope that all PCs not taking staff duties at that time will choose to join us to participate the events that set our whole weekend - and much of the 2018 season - into motion!]

Last edited:
I will be there to bare witness of this gathering.

-----------
Thousand Bones, Chieftain of the Bleeding Eye Clan of Orcs

Harkonian Slayer
Phoenix Foe
The Lich Butcher
Executioner of the Heart Drinker
Defiler of Echoes
The Goblin Cleaver
Elemental Bane

Sark the leader of the Vilker Hobgoblins was chosen as Vysen. This bodes poorly for our peaceful relations with the tribes of the Howling Woods. I hope Dargok can keep the Necromancer "in line" as he claims.

Bones is looking into this, my friends. So far, the Gnarltusk tribe is wary of my presence within their clan. But by the next gathering in November, Bones will have plenty of information to share. This, Bones will swear on his life.

Back