CMA 0.12 Update

Alkalin3

Knight
I've deployed the changes to the CMA in the freeplay mode moments ago. These reflect the most recent packet (0.12). I have not modified any characters (with the exception of characters who had Surprising Strike). It's possible that if you had a character built under the old rules, your character is invalid. You can remove your skills like normal and you won't be able to build into it.

I'm going to deploy the version to the live database Tuesday night. Any Oathsworn who have Resist Necromancy will have it removed from their card. Surprising Strike will also be removed. As will any instances of Improved Channeling. You can work with your logistics team to get your card reset if this significantly changes your plans. Otherwise you can respend your xp as normal.

I was building out a character in the free play version of the CMA and I ran into something odd.

I bought 15 ranks of high magic, using the purchase multiple option, and had 12 xp free. When I went to buy more, high magic had disappeared as an available option.

I used the undo purchase option to remove each rank. High magic did not become purchasable until I had removed all of the ranks.

I went through a couple different combinations of standard and multiple purchase and it seems I run into the issue with the skill disappearing after the second time I try to buy it, even if I just use the standard purchase once option. Unless I start with the multiple purchase, then I have the issue the second time I go to purchase it.

This happen both with a character from the previous version that I reset skills on and a character that I created new.

I was building out a character in the free play version of the CMA and I ran into something odd.

I bought 15 ranks of high magic, using the purchase multiple option, and had 12 xp free. When I went to buy more, high magic had disappeared as an available option.

I used the undo purchase option to remove each rank. High magic did not become purchasable until I had removed all of the ranks.

I went through a couple different combinations of standard and multiple purchase and it seems I run into the issue with the skill disappearing after the second time I try to buy it, even if I just use the standard purchase once option. Unless I start with the multiple purchase, then I have the issue the second time I go to purchase it.

This happen both with a character from the previous version that I reset skills on and a character that I created new.
I have the same issue. It seems that once it is purchased it no longer shows as purchasable but it allows for multiples ranks to be purchased the first time.

It looks like the increased requirement for riposte (from 30 to 60) was not included.

I have finished the upgrade to the Production Version of the CMA.

If your character had Resist Necromancy (and was an Oathsworn). Surprising Strike, or Improved Channeling. Those skills have been removed from your card.

You may have decided to change your character's build based on the new changes. Your logistics team can help with that. If not, I can.

If issues have come up for you. Feel free to reach out to me. I'm happy to help.

It looks like the increased requirement for riposte (from 30 to 60) was not included.

Dam. What it supposed to be 60xp for riposting strike (in marital or stealth skills counted separately)? Got to rebuild a few characters if so.

Does the CMA automatically factor for the changes in skill costs for Enhanced Meditate/Purifying Strike?

Does the CMA automatically factor for the changes in skill costs for Enhanced Meditate/Purifying Strike?

Yeah, free xp is calculated on demand. All your skills are summed up whenever you load your character page. So if the price of a skill drops or goes up, it reflects across the board.

Any characters with Purifying Strike should see that cost reflected on their card.

I have been experimenting with builds in the Freeplay CMA. To my knowledge, Improved channeling only requires the skill x1, and allows one purchase per 75 scholar xp spent.

In my experiment, i am 150 build spent in Scholar and channeling x5 - but Improved channeling still isn't available.

Have I miss'd a pre-req, or is this a bug in the Freeplay CMA?

I have been experimenting with builds in the Freeplay CMA. To my knowledge, Improved channeling only requires the skill x1, and allows one purchase per 75 scholar xp spent.

In my experiment, i am 150 build spent in Scholar and channeling x5 - but Improved channeling still isn't available.

Have I miss'd a pre-req, or is this a bug in the Freeplay CMA?

The listed prerequisite for Improved Channeling in the 2.0 prerelease packet is 20 ranks of Channeling, which can be any combination of Primary and Secondary.

There is a skill with the prerequisites you are describing, but it's High Magic, not Improved Channeling.

Dam. What it supposed to be 60xp for riposting strike (in marital or stealth skills counted separately)? Got to rebuild a few characters if so.

It is 60 in one or the other, calculated separately.

So, if you have 36 stealth xp spent and 24 martial, you do not have enough to get a riposte.

It is 60 in one or the other, calculated separately.

So, if you have 36 stealth xp spent and 24 martial, you do not have enough to get a riposte.

Yea....got that boss. Know what separately means.
In the CMA it was listed as 30 separately before the change.

Yea....got that boss. Know what separately means.
In the CMA it was listed as 30 separately before the change.

Right, eventually.

I wasn’t sure what your initial question was though, so figured I’d cover all the possible translations.

But, yes. It was 30 in .11, and 60 in .12, but the change to 60 got missed in the first CMA update to .12

Back