Communication Idea

Draven

Count
@Dan Nickname Beshers made a pretty good point. These forums provide a cold, emotionless way of providing information and perspective. As a result, many individuals have been made to feel marginalized, and while I don't generally agree with some of their opinions, it's true that these forums do not empower Those In Charge of validating opinions, simply due to their nature.

May I suggest some sort of virtual meeting be hosted by an Owner/s? One where voices, and ideally faces, can be experienced? Empathy cannot easily be imagined; it must often be viewed in order to be felt. The impact of these changes will be felt by all, and all who wish to continue in this wonderful Alliance journey should at least have the opportunity to feel like their voice matters, even if they don't get everything they'd prefer.

Alternatively, due to a variety of schedules (we all have drastically different lives, after all), perhaps a bunch of meetings, where players can sign up for ones that work best for them, and an owner (or ARC representative) can do a Q&A. Something like that.

I would strongly suggest creating an agenda in advance of these meetings to better guide the conversations, and ensuring that there is open time available at the end for follow up and general inquiry. Crowd sourcing ideas for this agenda prior to writing it up would allow for a more appropriately tuned document that better aligns with the concerns that playtesters may be working through. Further, establishing guidelines for questions and interactions to keep the discussion clear and unmuddled would help prevent interruptions and crosstalk. I feel that this could potentially be a very successful method for communication regarding the playtest, so long as it is structed in advance and that structure is respected and adhered to. Additionally, it may not be a bad idea to involve an impartial moderator to ensure that all parties ideas and time are properly respected, and the the constructive flow of conversation is not unnecessarily impeded.

I would strongly suggest creating an agenda in advance of these meetings to better guide the conversations, and ensuring that there is open time available at the end for follow up and general inquiry. Crowd sourcing ideas for this agenda prior to writing it up would allow for a more appropriately tuned document that better aligns with the concerns that playtesters may be working through. Further, establishing guidelines for questions and interactions to keep the discussion clear and unmuddled would help prevent interruptions and crosstalk. I feel that this could potentially be a very successful method for communication regarding the playtest, so long as it is structed in advance and that structure is respected and adhered to. Additionally, it may not be a bad idea to involve an impartial moderator to ensure that all parties ideas and time are properly respected, and the the constructive flow of conversation is not unnecessarily impeded.

I agree with all of this, with the exception to the moderator. My objection to that has nothing to do with merits, but feasibility; every member of the Alliance has a stake in the discussion, and thus impartiality can only be reached by going outside the Alliance. I don't think that's worth the trouble it would take, but everything else makes a great deal of sense.

I'd happily be a part of such a meeting. My only personal caveats would be 1) not during 11/24 - 12/4 (I am away on a family vacation) and not running after 1am my time (Eastern).

Also, if Stephen Duetzmann is available, I have great confidence in his ability to be impartial.

I would do this too, as long as it end up working out with my crazy schedule.

Pretty much same. Depending on day and time. Next couple weekends are bonkers for me as an example.

Back