Concerning dream eddies...

Lost_Nation

Artisan
Sir Victor Von Griffin, and Lord Asher Oakheart,

I regret my absence from your last adventure, and that I was unable to witness the dreams and visions that you saw. I know neither of you will be able to join us for our next task, but I have learned some things about those dreams and wish your advice (should we encounter anything related in your absence)

I have been with the Merrow-folk and can tell you the Great River has no king, the River is its own master and cannot be truly ruled by any mortal. The succession of Princes of the river have been tasked to act as stewards and protectors. Leaders perhaps, navigators might be a better word, but never rulers. There was a merrow once, who sought to be King, but time has lost most of his story. The creature you encountered was likely not a creature of the river, mostly they cannot live long on land.

However, I have this thought, there was once an elder guardian of the river, a being of mist. It would not surprise me to learn that there was a similar creature connected to the land, perhaps embodied by vines, earth, and moss. It would also not surprise me to learn that this Avatar of the Sheltered Lands looked for stewards of the land. That story (conjuncture on my part) could be the tale of how the Great Beasts of this land came to be, the Feast Crocodile, Slithercarn, and their kind. Perhaps the land is displeased with how the Great Beasts have carried out their duties, or how they have been treated. Again, this last is all just a thought, I have little evidence to support it.

I know we folk of Gaden will do our best to bring honor to you and our land while we are in Bomae. If you have any advice or orders for us in this task, we hope to see you in the dreaming.

-Baleon

This creature resembled aquatic life, or so I thought. It was concerned with drowning us to repay what was already given. Its voice was deep and muffled..i wish I remembered more

-Asher

Back