Concerning Goblins

This market day, it came to my attention that a large number of Goblins were slaughtered by some of the adventurers. While I understand that hunting goblins has been a large part of adventuring for a long time, I am asking the people of this town to cease this behavior.

If you find that there are problems with goblins in the area, or you come into conflict with them, I would ask, as a goblin myself as well as a fellow adventurer, that you come find me instead. If you kill them defending yourself or others from an active assault that is one thing-but should I learn you have hunted them down without first giving me a chance to speak with them, there will be a problem between us. I don't want a problem between adventurers and myself-and neither do you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Taios
House of Games, Goblin of the Golden Skull

Hey Taios,

You're starting to turn into those obnoxious people we make fun of who wave their titles around and threaten people to make them do what they want. Stop that. It's obnoxious.

-Radi

Hey Radi,

This is a serious issue, at least to me, so please back off. I only make the same comments both of us would make were gypsies the ones being killed without reservation. As to 'titles,' surely even you know that the second one is pretty much nonsense and that I'm proud of the former enough to mention it, if only once.

As to threats-I would never again break any sort of law as to threaten bodily harm upon another citizen of any kingdom. I have learned my lesson. I merely stated that there would be problems, and no one likes problems between friends or family.

Taios

""Inhale....Exhale"""

Zo very right and zo very wrong.

Kit

I couldn't have said it better myself, Kit.

-Radi

Taios;

I believe I heard rumors in the past of laws of goblins being recognized formally citizens of the kingdom. Thous killing them would be murder. Perhaps it is time to present this idea again. Rather then bother King Clous with this issue, might I suggest first presenting this idea to Duchess Sivil? If you need help or wish for me to introduce you, let me know.

I'm with Taios.

Most goblins are simple creatures and easily dealt with. Few reach the mental capacity of Taios.
Would you hunt children?
Spank them when they misbehave, certainly. But murder?

~Ahlana
House of Games

I think I may take you up on that. I'll get back to you on how that works out.

As to what Alhana is saying, I agree, but I think the main reason for this phenomenon is the fact that they are culled before they can reach that point.

Thank you. All of the previous posts were so very boring. Entertainment has arrived.

Taios, I regularly slaughter goblins and enjoy it immensely. Please. Have a problem with me. Also, I'd warn you against comparing goblins to gypsies (lest you suddenly grow an extra appendage from your forehead), but seeing as you are a goblin, I'm assuming you'd enjoy such a thing. As to the culling you speak of, I don't understand how you don't see the logic here; if rats begin to infest your home, you will kill each one before they have time to breed beyond control. Furthermore, it would seem that many of your group, leader included, agree with me, as we, together, have killed them in a wholesale manner, laughing gleefully, I might add.

Radi, respect level increased.

Ahlana, easily dealt with by whom? I think there would be many a farmer, cobbler, or haberdasher who would adamantly disagree with you. And yes, I would hunt children. What was your point? You need a few run down?

Runebeard
Poopal Knight

Vou know it iz funny I never enjoyed skinning goblins, nor did I deny them quarter, till about a year ago, I vonder vhat changed.

Vut if you get them protected Taios I vill respect that.

Kit

Kit,

Thank you for your promise to respect any legal institution of protection for goblins-I know your word is good.

Taios

Good Taios,

I have seen the potential in goblins of which you speak. What you are proposing is no small task, but you have my full support in this endeavor. Do not hesitate to seek my help as an arrangement of this magnitude could benefit not just the goblin clans but the very kingdom itself. I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Ser Robert

Thank you Ser Robert, and for those interested, Ser Nyio has also pledged his support. I'm glad to see important members of the kingdom's law enforcement supporting this effort.

Taios

Back