Conditions on the line

Jevedor

Fighter
New Hampshire Staff
Crossroads Staff
Brought by messenger:

Citizens of the Hollow, I report from the line at New Haven. Fighting continues on a daily basis. Legacy's forces continue to move both day and night, with little reprieve. We the defenders, the queens forces, still stand and fend off their continued assault, but it has been a rough month. Sadeen Moore has yet to show any sign or attempt in defending itself, let alone stand on its own against Legacy. For those of us who are here and still fighting we urge you to make haste back to reinforce our lines. We maintain but we will need more aid to keep our edge, in this fight. They seem to out number us, and they are fighting a battle of attrition. Until reinforcements arrive, we shall do what we can to hold our defense.

For the kingdom of Eire,

~ Avian Toth

Let me get this straight, our townsmen are fighting to protect a country that will not defend itself? This seems to be a fool's errand.

Not true. We have been fighting elsewhere. Our resources have been depleted by attacks in our capital city. We suspect these attacks have been carried out by humans from Eire, Thelucia or Legacy.

But that is under control now, and the battle will be joined.

Good people of Eire,

Through our hubris and foolishness, we of Sadeen Moore have lost sight of the true enemies, the monsters and undead who rule our continent.

Yes, we have differences between us, and our war, though believed to be just on both sides, was destructive to the whole of our collective humanity, as well as to the lives of those among the civilized, promising races.

We cannot allow our differences to come between us any longer, and I have not seen such honor, wisdom and goodness in others, throughout my whole life, as I have seen among you adventurers in this last month. That you would help to defend an enemy in which you battled against so recently, lost so much, and took so much from, that you could look beyond these recent events and do what must be done to protect our civilizations, for the greater good, I have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for you, and I am sorry for all that we have taken from each other. If either side is to win the other's hearts and minds, we must first win our right to survive the darkness that envelopes our lands, and we must do this united.

We will come to the battle in New Haven and the other northern valleys leading into our lands. My remaining Sky Riders lead a force as I write this, and I will join with them, with you, as well.

And when the time comes to repay the people of the Hollow, the people of Eire who will not yield to shallow, petty differences in the face of evil, you have my word, as a knight of Sadeen Moore, I will come to your aid. I will repay you.

In Service,
Samuel Forthright
Pure Lord of Sadeen Moore

Back