Cont: Far ... Far North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stig

Artisan
Post dated JAN 21

Stigandr awakens the next day in a pile of hay out back of the village hall, with a very heavy head.
"Ugh.. Stig head hurt.. Vintermead good and Vintermead bad" he mumbles as he climbs out and attempts to find his footing.
" Feel like Stig drink whole barrel by self" he says as he looks down and notices the 1 1/2 empty barrels he had been sleeping with. All he can do is shake his head "Every year..ugh..Stig gonna owe Olâf more extra pelts again" he mutters to himself.
After getting his footing Stig start on his way home to see his uncle. As one of the tribe leaders he needs to know of the progress the young ones made on the hunting trip Stig took them on.
As Stig unsteadaly makes his way to his family's hut he thinks to himself " Night of Vintermead and friends vas good. Vish Jäger had been there. He fun to drink vith and is alvays having good story to tell". As he come up upon his hut he notices a strange colored smoke rising from the chimney. He quickly runs up to the door and once inside looks to see if anything is amiss but the hut seems fine so he calls out "Uncle! Stig back from trip. It go vell and Björn do vell this time. Vhy Stig see odd smoke from roof? ... Uncle?!

"STIG! Im here" calls his uncle.
Sitting by the fire his uncle calls over Stig quite abruptly but calmly.

"Stig I have grave news. The smoke you see is me burning the death weed. The elder group felt a tear at you cousins very essence.They felt a force tare at him, something they called the REACH has griped him. Things to the south may be more harsh then we thought when your cousin set of on his vision quest. You must make preparations.
Once winter has settled and the mountain passes are safe for travel you must make haste to travle south.
Seek your cousin with haste and keep him safe"

Stund and with signs of anger Stig nods and heads to gather his gear to take to the smithy to make sure everything is ready.
His anger, due to what was heard of his cousins be falling, will only be subdued by finding his cousin safe. He only hopes that the travels will be quick as to not waste time finding him.

"Uncle, Stig VILL find Rothmond. Stig VILL help him vith his work. And Stig vill bring his steel to those that harm his blood" and with that he sets off on preparations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post dated FEB 6

As Stigandr packs and says his good-byes to his uncle and the rest of his clan he heads out. Today is one of those rare days, the sky is clear, the sun is bright, a warm breeze can be felt, spring is in the air. The tribe will be on the move some, moving to flatter hunting ground.

Cresting a hill Stig stops and takes one last look back, standing on the edge of the village are Skaldi and Bjorn. Seeing Stig turn and look, they both wave to him. Giving both of them a nod of his head he resumes his journey. Setting a brisk pace, Stig hopes the weather holds and he can make good distance during the day.

A short time later he hears something in the wind causing him to stop and listen closer. There it is again, pulling back his hood hoping to hear the sound better, again a low growling sound. Racing to the highest spot near him Stig scans the area. Behind him, from the direction he just came, several black smoke clouds. This time he hears the roar of a battle cry.

Stigandr is off at a full run, the village is being attacked!

Running at full sprint Stig knows not what could be happening, Karr Th'ul has never had enemies ever and no word has come of any bad blood between the tribes of Wintersedge.

After running for so long his legs start to weaken as he gets close the village, the sounds of battle fade of to the north but sounds of the hurts burning and cries of pain can still be heard.

Stig enters the village fearfully of what he will find. Carts destroyed, many homes ablaze and people tending to the wounded and trying to put out the fires. To his left he hears weeping and as he looks he see Freda and Gerta, Björn's mother and sister kneeling and sobbing. He approaches and see that they are kneeling over Björn's lifeless body strewn out covered in blood with a sword and shield next to him.
Stig kneels and shakes his head in sorrow "poor Björn. He not get chance be man yet. Vat happened? Who do dis?"

"He...he tried to protect us" cried Freda "They tried to take Gerta from me *sob* *sob* he was just a boy *sob*"
"Who!? Slavers!? Who do dis to Björn's!?"
"It..it was F...Fr..Fros.........."

"FROST GIANTS!!! LOOK OUT STIG!!"

Stig hears Skaldi's voice calling from two huts away, he looks over and sees her pointing behind him. Turning he sees the monster coming from around Freda's hut. He motions Freda and Gerta too run, the creature sees them and begins to raise its massive club to bring it down on Stig. Stig quickly grabs Björn's shield and blocks the blow but it drives him down to one knee, and again the creature hits, and again.
Stig hears the wood of the shield crack, it won't take many more blows, he then hears another sound. *thunk* *thunk* then a roar of pain. He looks and sees 2 arrows in the frost giant, one in the chest and one in its left eye.

"Take that you Bastard" yells Skaldi knocking another arrow. The beast turns and charges her, she lets the arrow loose and it hits square in its right eye but does not halt its momentum as it charges right threw her and smashes her into a pile of crates. It gets up writhing in pain and flailing and Stig sees his chance, he drops the cracked shield and runs at the beast releasing Fenrir and Canis. He leaps swinging the twins and they both bite straight in and true. The ice giants body drops and Stig kicks the head out of his way as he goes to help Skaldi. He helps her out of the crates but she falls and lets out a cry of pain. Her leg is broken and has a few wounds but she will survive.

Stig helps Skaldi walk as they head to find a healer, he asks "vat happen here. Stig gone only couple or tree hour"
"They came from the north" Skaldi says with a cough "No warning. They just came straight in and took as much food and livestock as they could carry and didn't care who got in their way. That one was the last straggler and tried to take Björn's sister. He tried to fight as Freda and Gerta ran but it just crushed him and went looking for them. That's when you came back."

"Björn act as honorable man not as child. Stig make certain he get arm ring on his pyre" he says with pride in his voice. "Skaldi do well as well. Skill with bow was what kept Stig breathing. But vere is uncle Skaldi?"
" I think hes over near the hall, trying to organize everyone."

"Then dat is vere ve go" says Stig with determination, and sorrow in his eyes. Looking around at the destruction of his village, he notices a lone figure standing on a hill to the North, it turns and disappears over the hill top. Partialy carrying Skaldi and concerned for his uncle, Stig doesn't have time to investigate.

(Story by Scott, approved and posted by plot)

Last edited:
Thinking that what he saw was just effects from him breathing in the smoke of herbs burning in the fires of the hutts Stig shakes it off as a hallucination and heads to the village hall to find his uncle and get Skaldi to a healer
As they get closer they can hear shouting, not from fighting or arguments but from someone giving orders. As they come around from behind the village hall Stig sees his uncle out front trying to organize those who are still able bodied.
"You lot! help the healers attend to the wounded. Hornrir, help the others there with the carts collecting the food. Were going to need to make haste to Winterhelm. We have no idea if those whoresons from Cadnia are coming back and we're in no way ready if they do"
Stig uncles orders cary across the center of town so well all can hear hope perfectly. His voice filled with strength and reasureance, but also something else Stig couldn't pick up on.
Stig calls to his uncle as he nears, his uncle turns and looks surprised to see him but the surprized changes to happiness then concern when he notices Skaldi wounds.
"Quickly we have another wounded here" he says with haste.
"Its ok. Its just my leg" she says trying to show her strength.
"Skaldi you fight vell. But you need to heal up. If dey come back ve going need you...they can't fight if they can't see" Stig says with a laugh and a smirk.
As the healers help Skaldi his uncle takes hold his shoulder and with a look of relief
" Stig why are you here I thought you left?"
" Stig did go but Stig here sounds of battle so stig return to help. But stig not make it in time..."
" Thats quite alright Stig, the help is appricated but you still have a mission" with a brief pause Stigs uncle calls to one of the men " Jorge have your men send scout parties to the other villages in the region. We need to know if any others were attacked. Meet up with us on the way to Winterhelm it is too dangerous here for now" with that Jorge rounds up some men and horses and makes haste.
Stigs uncle turns back and continues " The beasts went north to the shoreline so the people should be safe traveling to Winterhelm. Looks like your journey won't be so lonely for awhi...." a pause. His eyes become glazed. A look of agony works its way across his face. He falls to the ground.
"UNCLE!?" Stig drops to his uncles side "vat is wrong?
"When the attack started I was taken by surprize by one of the frost giants as I came out of are hut. It caught me hard in the side with its club. My injuries must be worse then I thought"
Stig quickly removes his uncles coat to check the wound. There is much swelling and his whole side is turning purple nearly black, signs of broken ribs and to much internal bleeding.
"Uncle Stig get healer to help"
"No! Im to far gone and others need the healing"
"But uncle.."
"I said no. Theres no reason to waste their ability on me. I am too old and to battle worn from my youth to make a recovery. Promise me you won't go after them. There are too many and you wouldn't survive"
Anger building within Stigs eyes but he reluctantly agrees.
"You need to find your cousin. Help him with his progression and become stronger yourself. One day Kara Th'ul will be rebuilt and it will need you two to protect it"
Stig nods his head and lowers it as his uncle lets out his last words.
" I will see you both again beyond the mist. Tell Rothmound I am proud of him and you as well"
And with that his eyes close and Stig can feel his uncles being fade away
"NNNYYYYAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!"
Stig lets out a cry that sends a chill up every one within the village and filled with such a burning anger that it could melt a frost giant.
A few hrs later with the remaining provisions packed into the last of the carts and with what unharmed belongings the villagers have they start the pyres for the fallen. As the pyres finish burning the now refugees set out in their journey too Winterhelm were Stig will then set out south to find his cousin. He has been silent this whole time and remains so for the journey. He stays to watch his uncles pyre go out completely then catches up with the convoy. Only one thought hangs in his head though
"VENGEANCE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back