Conventions: OryCon!

I am putting out a call for players to come help at OryCon 35 (http://35.orycon.org/). This will run November 8-10.

At this time, we have a fan table (similar to what Seattle had for Norwescon).
I am still working on seeing if they will have space available for sparring, gaming, or panels.

Let me know if you are interested in coming out in your LARPing best and showing off.

Me too (barring school stuff...)!!

I can host some people at my place which is in Wood Village (slightly east of Portland) I'd be happy to let some larpers crash here.

I imagine Brian and I will be there :)

I am quite likely! (Barring any unforseen last minute schedule changes)

I'm considering going for Orycon depending on class loads and wondering what the state of who's hosting crash space and what not. Or is anyone getting a hotel room?

Gabe

None of my Crash space has yet been claimed. I am about 20 minutes from the con.

I will have 3-4 spots for people to crash for the weekend available. Must be fine with my dog. :)

Man, it has been YEARS since I attended OryCon... Once upon a time, there were a couple years I actually staffed it. :blink:

I'd be down to help out, but my circumstances are going to change SUBSTANTIALLY between now and then, so I need to handle that and get settled before I can RSVP for sure.

With a bit under 2 months before the convention, I am working on designing handouts (business cards, 3x5 fliers, and maybe a sign or two).

a: anyone with design background able to help? Gobbies for time.

b: anyone know/have a printer and/or sign maker contact? I would rather keep costs local if able. If not, I will probably use Vista Print or other inexpensive company/site.

c: ideas on what to have on the cards? Using the Seattle template with group (Alliance Oregon), HQ and Oregon websites, Forum site, email contacts (player rep, plot), and gallery site.

I hope to have the majority of my New Player FAQ done by then. I'll send it over to you when I need some proof-reading done, Sean.

Back