Crafting Batch Card Question

MooseMasterX

New Hampshire Staff
Hello, I am probably missing something somewhere in the document, but am trying to fully understand how the Crafting Batch Cards work. It may just be me, but I could not find a clear explanation of how a Crafting Batch Card works other than the one mention of it on page 14 stating, "Incomplete Crafting Batches will be tracked using a Crafting Batch card. These can be obtained at Logistics or a Crafting Station. A Single item cannot be created by turning in Crafting Materials in separate Crafting Batches." It is not very clear what an "Incomplete Crafting Batch" is defined as (IE an unfilled pool, or a filled but unused pool). Nor is it very clear how to properly use one of these cards once obtained.

I saw a thread in here earlier that clarified a situation in which a player has 20 ranks in a crafting skill, purchases one use of Craft Equipment Batch for that skill, gets the free 20 crafting materials to fill the 20 Batch Pool, but only spends 16, so is given a Crafting Batch Card representing the 4 remaining Crafting materials that can be used later. I have a couple follow questions to this:

1) Does a second use of Craft Equipment Batch need to be used to use that Craft Batch Card, or is that card still considered to be part of the first batch? As an example, I have 20 ranks in Inscription. I purchase one use of Craft Equipment Batch, and craft 8 Weapon Shield Scrolls, using 16 of the 20 pool I get from the free Toolkit use. I am unsure what I want to do with the remaining 4 materials in the pool, so I hold onto them and get a Craft Batch Card for Inscription showing a use of 4 materials. Hours later I realize having 4 Disarm Scrolls would be very handy. Do I need to purchase and use a second instance of Craft Equipment Batch, and then use that Craft Batch Card to fill that new pool of 20, or can I just turn that Craft Batch Card into the crafting station for 4 Disarm Scrolls, treating it as part of that first batch?

2) Do you get a Craft Batch Card only if a pool has been filled? As an example, lets say I have 24 ranks of Inscription. I purchase one use of Craft Equipment Batch giving me a pool of 24, 20 of which is automatically filled in by the free Toolkit use. I make 10 Weapon Shield Scrolls, using up that full 20 points, but I do not have any other Crafting Materials at that time to fill the remaining pool of 4 points. Would I then get a Craft Batch Card showing I have an Empty Pool of 4 remaining that I could then later use once I get 4 crafting materials? As with question 1, would I then have to purchase a second use of Craft Equipment Batch to fill and use that remaining 4 point pool?

If I am missing something somewhere, I apologize.

Back