Crossbow question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavross

Aloha folks,

I was thinking that for my first event, and my first character, I would go with a crossbow as my main weapon. My guess was that it would be a little less likely to get denied by safety marshals then if I began with a sword, and then I can examine the weapons others bring once I'm there.

My question is: May I add pieces of open-cell foam for detail, such as the trigger/lever or the stock? I made the stock from uncored pipe insulation, still squishy but held in shape by the duct tape. Just wondering if I should try cutting them from a large sheet of closed cell, or if open cell will be okay? Thanks!

You should check with the marshals in the chapter you wish to play in, but, in general, open cell applied to a weapon for decoration, especially a crossbow, generally won't cause a marshal to bat an eye.

In fact, throwing a bit of open cell on the butt of your crossbow is probably a great idea since if you do so, you can actually use your crossbow for the Waylay skill. ;)

The way I weapon check is always with the idea of safety in mind. Does adding extra open cell foam foam for minor decorations cause a safety issue? In most cases it does not, so I'd most likely pass the weapon. Also keep in mind foam listed in the rulebook is the minimum needed, and anything extra added the creates a safer weapon is awesome. The thing to look out for in your case is a sharp spike formed with the duct tape that makes the trigger, so make sure is broad enough to give to pressure and won't poke an eye out from stiff duct tape coming to a pointed edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back