Current MI Policy

Lurin

Duke
While this might change based on plot team requests, here is the current MI policy for SoMN, please note, SoMN no longer has a Build cap, it having expired at the end of our 2011 season!

MI Policy, reprinted with updates from our Players handbook for convenience.

Magic Item Policy

In order to provide a fair, consistent, and balanced game, Southern MN limits magic item transfers. For the first game, no transferred character may use any LCO Magic Item, as the unique Mists surrounding the Sheltered Lands suppress their magic. This includes any Fae Marks, Rituals on the spirit, and any non-standard effects. Each player may attempt to attune one item or effect on their spirit for each game day or logistics period. Further attunement may be available through In Game measures as the overall restriction is linked with In Game situations. The item tag and its phys rep must be on-hand and in-game to attune. Players may also work together to attune more powerful items, but all participants in such efforts may not attune another item nor participate in any other attunement attempt that day. In Game effects are in place to ensure that non-attuned items cannot be permanently stolen or destroyed. Once an item has been successfully attuned,

it may pass into Gaden without further restrictions. Southern MN maintains an ‘attunement database’ of items that have been attuned In Game.

What the above means is no LCO items will immediately within the Southern Minnesota game until attuned in game.

Due to player IG efforts, the below LCO effects now transfer into Southern Minnesota without attunement (subject to approval as always)

1.) Arcane Armor
2.) Extention effects
3.) Once ever spell effects.
4.) Spirit Link/Locks.

Please note, any item with unattuned effects will not function at all until properly attuned, effects cannot be 'eliminated' or ignored from an item.

Re: Current Build Cap - 157

GO BILLY GO!

Billy needs to come play in Chicago too and get some blankets!

*sigh* Garmok's over the cap by 3 build. :(

Start a new character and play with us "lowbies!"

Dr_Chill said:
Start a new character and play with us "lowbies!"

I have one. I just can't settle on what to be. Or find costuming in my size.

[/threadjack]

Or... NPC a few events and toss the blankets on your alt as well as skipping a few monthlies... 1-2 more events and bam you'll slide under the cap.

For my money I'd say you should play a Scavenger since it seems to be all the rage.

Paul

More makeup? You're killing me Paul.

matter of a fact, if you play an alt or npc the chi-town weekend, you'll be able to slid under the top of the cap for our first weekend....

Yay! Thanks for keeping this updated Dave, I thought BB might have started at 15bp and seeing this I retract any poor thoughts or opinions I may have had about your cap. :) Sadly at the rate I'm working to level Eldarion he probably won't be able to come back until the cap is gone in a few years, but I understand this is a perfectly fair policy. I'm working on a Mystic Wood Elf Celestial Scholar alt so that I can come back!

I didn't see any other Celestial scholars there and getting a little taste of helping be "the celestial guy" for a day was really cool and I'd like to do it again. :D Besides, only having a pyramid up through a 7th level spell will fit in a bit better. ;) Although I'm excited to have a staff to I'm thinking.

Lurin said:
matter of a fact, if you play an alt or npc the chi-town weekend, you'll be able to slid under the top of the cap for our first weekend....

By your first weekend, I should have everything together for an alt. Just what to play, what to play...

Any suggestions?

I think David mentioned a serious lack of C-scholars a few posts up. You could play a boom-chuck.

Paul

I am pretty sure the other celestial casters were all templars if memory serves. Regardless, even with 2 you could have another one and not feel caster heavy.

Dave do we have a class breakdown for the event?

AllianceCHI said:
I am pretty sure the other celestial casters were all templars if memory serves. Regardless, even with 2 you could have another one and not feel caster heavy.

Dave do we have a class breakdown for the event?

Everyone was very high class Paul :mrgreen:

lol

I'm not a Templar!

Re: Current Build Cap - 158

The cap went up 2 points after the opening event, has it not gotten the April blanket yet, or not been updated since the last one day? :)

No worries either way, just curious.

Re: Current Build Cap - 159

Slow down Billy slow down! His is a man on a mission! Is there no one who can stop him!?!

Back