Da Buzz started agin last night!

Hey Yall,

Thanks for all the well wishes for Mary Lou and our new baby over the winter. It sure was a nice mild one and we loved seeing those of you dat were able to visit us over the winter.

We'll I ain't one to complain but here I was last night looking fur my son in the pasture rounding up some of the cattle and he fall down all a sudden being snipped by this big ugly green Hummin Brood Grass. I wacked dat thing with my Hoe so hard It's still prolly rattlin but as soon as I did... my my the whole field started buzzin and ground shakin... Yall might wanna take a look at dat at some point.

Oh and mah son's allright he was laughing it off with his friends not one hour late.

Just thought I'd bring her up agin.

Billy Ray Gepsum

Oh, that's really not good. Billy Ray Gepsum, I suggest you have your son checked by an Earth Scholar to make sure he is well and truly safe. It would be probably even be worth your time to take him an Earth and Celestial Circle and have him examined. If he was attacked by Brood, as you say, it's possible he's very sick and will need treatment.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

well.. I ain't too sure bout who you are Mister but I had my wife check the boy just the same and heal him all up. He should be fine but thanks for de advice.

I don't know nothing bout these broods except they make an awfull ruckus.

If ya think de boy's not ok well maybe ya ought ta come check on him. I suppose Mary Lou mighta missed somethin

Billy Ray

I'm not an expert in Earth Magics nor do I have access to permanent Circles. However, I'm sure the Healers Guild or the Celestial guild of a major city would be more than willing to check the boy over. They might want charge some kind of processing fee, a few silver I suspect, which I'll be more than happy to pay if it's an issue. Truth is, I don't know how he might be affected or even if he is, however with Brood, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Dramthin Hartsboon

well its a nice thought but a few silver would break the bank and de travels would make us unable to work the fields... Its planting season you know.

Maybe we kin ask the Journeymen of the Earth Guild ta do something when they come in in a week or two.

Billy Ray

I think that would be a very wise decision Goodman Gepsum, I have never encountered the Brood but I fear they may be able to cause severe harm. I hope that you will find some way to make sure your son is safe, I myself will not be around Wayside until later on in the fourth month of this year, but I would be willing to help in anyway that I can to ensure the safety of you son. I am not suggesting that Goodlady Gepsum is not an excellent mother and would want to harm your son in anyway, but a more experienced healer of the Earth Guild would be able to notice the finer ailments that the boy may be suffering from.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Member to the Order of the Earthen Fist

Good Sir Gepsum,

I would be more then willing to either meet you and your family in town or come to your home on the next market day and check and see if your son is infested in any way. I have had some experience dealing with these nasty creatures and i'm willing to help you out for free.

Togashin

Togashin,
If it will not make the Gepsum's uncomfortable would you please elaborate on this possible 'Infestation'? I myself have never encountered such creatures as the Brood and am very interested in learning about them, perhaps you know something of there society and fighting style also?

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Member to the Order of the Earthen Fist

If it truly is brood we're going to be fighting.. either we just pack up and move and let the brood do their thing or we find a dragon mage or a Mantis Warrior but from my understanding Casan was the only guy I've known in over a decade who has had that exact spirit enhancement.

Well I hear tale Casan might be vivisting us. Perhaps with Toga's ability to check for them and Casan's way of ridding he person of them we could take care of the problem. I mean you never know what might happen right? At first I was afraid of Casan as a mantis but when I fought along side him for a bit I found it wasn't so bad. Toga, have you contacted him for help yet?

I hate to say this Elle, but my way of getting rid of brood infestation is to kill the person and let them almost dissipate, to see if the brood will rip out. Even at the most advanced manifestation of my aspect, I have never been able to outright destroy a gestating brood. I knew an alchemist years ago who was able to manufacture an elixir from brood acid that would eliminate the infestation, but never got the recipe.

Casan Moreaux
Order of the Emerald Flame

Casan,

I don't think we're dealing with a full colony yet but a scouting post of some sort. I cant say I have any degree of entomological knowledge when it comes to the brood other then shatter and destroy spells put em down pretty well.

I went down to explore the problem with people of this town and we had to retreat.

It was my understanding that a purify potion or spell applied quickly enough would also remove the broodseed. This seems to me to be a much better way to effect a cure then disembowelment.

Lurin

Billy Ray, worry not, these creatures come in many different varieties and no one even knows if what is plaguing Briarpass is Brood at all. If there are dangers to be had we will deal with them, but it's no use getting worried about what might or what could be.

Mark me, if there is anything wrong with your boy, there are many people who will make it their personal business to ensure he and the land is as safe and healthy as possible. Togashin Zanabanath said he would, if you wished, stop by your farmstead and examine your boy - if there's something to be seen, he will find it. Take care of your family as you always do; we will see to any other nasty business which might come a'knocking.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Casan,

Perhaps you and Ractor could work together on this... He was the one who removed my infestation.... although of all the brood I have met before the infested person was usually infested while unconscious... these infest after only paralysis... that's what had happened to me. It's a horrible thing to watch and feel.

Back