Dark elf makeup requirements

Agahi

Scout
I was just wondering if the makeup for DEs needed to be black, or if it can be a very dark purple or blue. The reason I ask is because 1. Most pictures I have seen are of black facepaint, and 2. From the fantasy novels I have read, DEs tend to have varried skin tones that range from the purple/blues, to the less common black/ very dark greys. Im not talking like easter purple here either, I mean the kind that at night, it looks black anyway. If black is required, is it acceptable to have a purple, or blue tenge to it, or is that even possible?

Dark Elves are required to have Black face makeup.

I would avoid a noticable tint... and whats the point of a tint if its not noticeable, so I would say no tint at all...

I know there are a bunch of other games out there that have grey or purple dark elves.. but Alliance is black only.

Who knows what kind of crazy monster people might mistake you for as a purple dark elf ;-)

ok just wondering. I suppose was just romancing the idea of the races having diffrent skin tones, being more i dunno..immersive or something. Its not a real problem because I find the black makeup dark elf..cooler looking myself anyway.

It owuld definitely allow for different sub-races within given races. along the lines of the different groups of elves (wild, pink, etc), and allow them to be easily distinguishable so that they can spend more time killing each other ;-)

Plus a purple Find'rth would not be nearly as scary... he'd look too much lke Barney with a mace...

Barney with a mace...

"I hate you, you hate me..
time to rez you permanently.."

Wow... except for the fact that it would require singing (which I don't think Find'rth would ever do near us surfacers) that is dead on... like I can see a purple Find'rth capering around in a COP with some poor schlub webbed chanting that song...

creepy...

I wonder if scott will read this :)

Scott reads everything.

Why do people keep bringing up my character in ridiculous situations? Everyone's nice to him IG.

Last time I saw Find'rth in game I tried to kill him.

Though I was nice about it, in a rend the living sort of way.

"F-it Rezz em all"

I know I know it was actually Jesse G. but it was the best DE moment I have ever seen as an outsider.... LOL

Fearless Leader said:
Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Barney with a mace...

"I hate you, you hate me..
time to rez you permanently.."

Reminds me of Finnegan's Barney, but his song went:

"I hate you, you hate me
Let's go cast necromancy...."

This is what I get for checking the boards at work. I just about died laughing. I think my boss thinks I'm insane now.

AND IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD!!!

I was wondering along the constuming lines. Is it considered bad form to wear a hat compleately all day that totally covers your hair and ears so that you don't have to do the ears and regular hair? Because I have had trouble finding a solution to making my hair compleatly white...

How to make ones hair white enough to make any dark elf proud:
This is me - No that is not a wig.
51935071.jpg

How did I do it? First use spray on white hair coloring you can purchase from costume and makeup shops. Then, generously and vigorously apply baby powder... lots and lots of baby powder. That is only if the white hair coloring seems to soak into your hair. My hair is a dye-soaker. It sponges color (dye, paint.. whatever.) Normally, I do have my head/face covered when I play my real Dark Elf PC, she has IG reasons why her face is covered in public places (plus the black makeup used to make my eczema act up something terrible.) But I still wear my ears, because the shape shows through my arming cowl that I wear beneath my chainmaille/helmets. And I make sure my eyebrows (and lashes) are properly whited.

You must have your ears on and you must have your hair white and you must have black makeup on all exposed skin.

Scott does not have to white his hair... but that's cause he doesn't have any...

Ouch.... Anyway out of curiosity, what if you are a really hairy guy, does your body hair need to be white? :)

Only if it is exposed ;-)

I rarely white my hair, as I usually wear a skull cap or a helmet. But that means I cannot take them off. Short hair, like crew cut, is very easy to white though. I do that on the hotter days. It also means I get to hide my thinning hair with makeup, like on those infomercials.

You must wear the prosthetic ears, even if they are covered. That goes for all elves. You also can't disguise your race by covering your ears. This means if you cover your head in a hood or a headband and someone is close enough to ask you "What do I see" you must tell them they see an elf. It doesn't mean you can't wear a hood or headband. But what self respecting elf covers his ears?

All exposed skin must be black. I think I'd give someone a pass on body hair, though you should do your eyebrows and facial hair because it looks much cooler.

Makeup tip: One of the hardest places to keep blacked is your neck. If you wear a tight turtleneck or other collar, you inevitably get a ring of pink skin, yuck. What I have found work is to wear a loose turtleneck or other collar. The makeup rubs off less and the shadows help to hide any bad spots. The shadows are your friend. Also with hats and headbands, you will often get that pinks trip where it moves. A looser hood that hangs will help this. I also designed my helmet with a brim that comes down past where the pink band develops, so even if I have one you'll never see it.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Dr_Chill said:
The other option is to just shave your head, then there is no problem :)

I've done that too, but didn't like the look for me, though I've seen it look great on others. I also went with the dark elf mohawk. I heard there were a lot of Mr. T comments behind my back :p

Back