Stana

Scholar
Marshal
Her hair as fine as spun silver
Shines as a balance on the ledger
Her form as delicate as wine
Like the hope that she would be mine
~Anonymous

(OOG The above has been found posted in a number of location, clearly written by a few different hands)

Thy search for beauty doth inspire
of what form is this creature you seek?
That with your words, you hope be thine?
Tell us your tale, reveal your heart
what fate for you has transpired?

-Gorka

I was never the biggest fan of poetry, but even this caught my interest. Granted it may be just that, a poem, but I DO believe that most poems are based on myths, and myths are often based on real things. I wish to know of whom this poem is written about, she sounds like quite a beauty. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish for her to be mine, I just wish to see if such beauty DOES exist.

~Icey

Icey said:
I was never the biggest fan of poetry, but even this caught my interest. Granted it may be just that, a poem, but I DO believe that most poems are based on myths, and myths are often based on real things. I wish to know of whom this poem is written about, she sounds like quite a beauty. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish for her to be mine, I just wish to see if such beauty DOES exist.

~Icey

Of course beauty exists. Every man tells 'is woman 'ow beautiful she is. Every man thinks its so (at least I'd 'ope so.) You want t' see who 'e's talkin' about? It doesn't matter. I doubt it's 'elen o' Troy.

I mean, honestly, if you're goin' t' woo someone at least do it t' her face. Don't throw it at the rest of us. Romance is meant t' be a private undertakin', not bandied about left and right.

-Alyce Sharp

Back