Denver Character Population Question

Copper

Hi! I'm a brand new player and was curious as to what the class populations for Denver are. Are there particular ones over or underrepresented? Is it a pretty even spread? I'm in the process of building my first PC and narrowed it down to a few choices (mostly in the Fighter-Scout-Rogue area) and figured "having skills or combat abilities that would be useful or are in demand" would be a helpful factor in making a decision.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: The following are merely personal observations of someone who plays a rogue in Denver. No idea about actual numbers.

I wouldn't call it an even spread. Scout, Rogue, and Adept tend to be a bit under-represented vs Fighter, Templar, and Scholar as far as I can tell. Maybe not Scout? Those can be hard to tell from the Fighters and Rogues sometimes, so who knows on that one. That said, I can only think of hearing about one time over the past 2 years when the lack of a Rogue/Scout/Adept has been to the detriment of an adventuring group. There is usually more than one way around most obstacles if you're clever or resourceful. Also, it's good to remember that every skill is accessible to every class. You don't need to be a rogue to pick locks and disarm traps, for example. I'd say play the class that most interests you and fits with the character you're developing, and if during your adventures you see an area of interest that's lacking among others you can just spend a little build to fill that niche.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have more questions, about rogues or anything else.

Last edited:
I'd say the only thing that I feel like are in demand are earth scholars and straight fighters (sword/board) especially. At least on adventures, when something is being looked for, it's almost always either a straight fighter or a healer. Otherwise, play what sounds fun.

Oh we don't have enough dark elves.

Honestly man, I wouldn't fuss over what the town has too much, really play whatever interests you the most. We have a very inclusive community, so even if you play something we have a lot of, you'll still get pulled on mods and adventures.

Last edited:
Decide first what you would like to play. It's more important for you to do exactly what you want rather than fill a need. Backstory first, stats later :)

We (Sleet and I) were originally planning on it, but due to a few things coming up we won't be able to make it to castle or mod day. Our first event won't be until April or May, unfortunately.

Back