Details on SoMN's Campaign (not chapter!) Closer! September 22nd-24th

Lurin

Duke
A once in a lifetime event is coming (at least for me) with the closing of the original SoMN main plot line. First Debuted in 2008 The Mysteries, challenges, and battles have continued for nearly a decade. With the fall of the Harroc, followed by the Shade All SoMN Plot has to say is....the Architect Awaits you.

10447043_10152498901594394_2685328602413668937_n.jpg

To be held in Miller Castle this September 22nd-24th we hope you will all come out and join us! Here below are a list of the most commonly asked questions?

Does the Campaign ending mean the chapter is closing?

Absolutely not! While this story line is closing more will come. What you've done so far in the Sheltered lands will continue to matter no matter where plot goes next!

1. What is the address of the site?
21930 Paradise Drive
Nisswa, MN 56468

2. What will the sleeping arraignments be like?

The sleeping arraignments include 2 16 bunk rooms, a 32 bunk room, and 4 Private 4 bunk rooms with a private bath room and shower. The 4 bunk rooms will be made available for reservations for $120 per room (that's $30 a person), In addition this year we will be offering 3 private rooms in the basement (also house 4) The Basement rooms will be $60, Please see the post here for details! Reservations open May 15th- > https://alliancelarp.com/forum/thre...castle-event-room-reservations-details.34555/

3.) What will be the Price for the castle Event?
In order to help defray the significant costs of reserving the castle, the cost for this event will be $75 with a $15 dollar discount for PCs, and $25 with a $15 dollar discount for NPCs. So a pre-registered player will pay $60 as a pc or $10 as an NPC. Gold and Silver Memberships will give their FULL discount of Half Price or Already paid!

3.a.) Will there be out of Towner Discounts?

No, we are not offering out of Towner Discounts this year

4. What comforts are available at the castle?
The castle has water-heated floors, full showers and bathrooms (multiple showers) The bunks and mattresses are still new and the castle sports a massive industrial kitchen with plenty of fridge space!

5. What will be offered for food?
You event fee includes Light snacks Friday night, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday. If you wish to bring additional snacks, We expect there to be refrigerator space available and the kitchen will be open for use outside of main prep times, although you will be expected (and supervised) to clean up after your efforts.

6. Will the entire event be in doors?
Not even close! There will be inside modules but much of the event/modules will be outside and in the elements please plan your costuming accordingly.

For Traveling Players.

1. What is the current build cap?
There is no build cap...Huzzah!

2. What about MIs?
Check our update policies, SoMN now allows all restricted items, and a small number of LCO effects such as once evers or Arcane armors travel freely, other lco items must be 'attuned' and all players may attune 15 years worth of effects on any one item each game they attend.

As a Special Allowance for this Event, an additional 20 LCO rituals may be brought in per player, only standard effects will be allowed (no immune to X, once a day dodge etc.)

3. Where can I fly into?
The best airport for those flying in is MSP international.

4. Can folks host me?
We have a number of enthusiastic players that can host/give rides from the airport, but plan early as capacity is limited.

5. Do I need a SoMN Membership to play?
No, traveling players with an active membership in another chapter do not need to purchase a membership.

Last edited:
What, a Castle event before it snows? I am in shock! :)

Looking forward to this!

Hey, if nothing else it will make my yearly scheduled 'bleeding to death in the courtyard' moment more comfortable. :)

Now THAT we can not be having! No comfortable death bleeding. :p

Luckily I found a snow machine rental available near-by so we can still keep up our standards for Nikolai ^.^

Well, far be it from me to pass up on dying in specially-ordered snow!

When is the deadline for registering to still get the $60 price? and how do you register?

Prereg will open around the same time we open the rooms (early next Week) pre-reg deadline will be about 10 days before the event.

Where do you pre-reg? I would love to do that early as well.

Thanks,
Megan

Alas for that you'll have to wait a bit. Remember character cards can change a lot so we try to avoid leaving too much lag time between Pre-reg and the game.

Back