Diversity In Our Fantasy World

Status
Not open for further replies.

TadRon

Spellsword
Hello all!

One thing I want all players in Alliance to think about is that every single one of us comes to game for different things. Some come to escape, some come to build friends, some come to see other friends, some even come just to further their own character and feel important in game. Every one of those things is a valid and solid reason to come to game.

In game some people like rogues, others like mages, others like fighters. Some like political drama, some like combat and others enjoy just sitting in the tavern and playing games all weekend. Every single person plays the game different and wants different things out of the game.

One thing I think we all need to keep in mind is that it is ok to want different things out of the game. Just like in many MMOs and other things, there is no way to "win" Alliance. That said, I would like to see people stop putting other peoples ideas of what makes the game fun, or interesting, or cool down. Often times the things that are made fun of have no direct effect on the person making fun of stuff, or that person's game.

For example, if my friend Brett gets a powerful artifact that allows him to talk to trees and he thinks its is cool, then I don't need to make fun of him for it. If plot does not allow that toy to interfere with my game then there is no good reason to say anything derogatory about Brett or his item. If my other friend Mary gets cool things for good RP in the tavern, her game should not be made fun of either.

We all share this world and I think it is a silly and useless thing to tear down anybody else's game for any reason. There is no ONE WAY to play Alliance. Each is valuable to our game, every person is valuable to our game and we need to foster a better community where difference is valued not torn down. Just some food for thought. This did not come from any particular incident, just me thinking while writing up a variety of different kinds of mods for different kinds of players.

See you all soon, can't wait!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back