Earth Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aclodava

Artisan
We have a debate about the spell Earth Blade. Does it do double damage to undead or not?

Earth Storm specifically says it does not do double damage to undead, but every cure spell specifically states theat they do double damage to undead. Earth Blade is the only one the does not state either way.

It's not a cure spell, so I don't believe it it does, but it's categorized under healing, so others are sure it does. Please clarify.

The Earth carrier does double damage to any creature that has "takes double damage from healing" on their card. The confusion is likely because the monster database has not been updated since Earth carriers became a thing. (Earth Blade is a fairly new spell)

Upvote 0
I will give one caveat: many corporeal undead take half damage from weapon blows, which is doubled by Earth Blade, so sometimes the confusing statement of "1/2 damage from weapon attacks, normal damage by Earth carrier" is bandied about monster camp as a mnemonic device, even if it's not completely accurate.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies, but I was more meaning to exclude what a monster card says, because many do not say "double damage from Earth". So assuming the undead monster has a card that does not say "double damage from Earth", does Earth blade do double damage to the undead, or not? Earth storm says no, but all the cure spells say they do, Earth Blade is the only one that does not state either way.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Yes. It does double damage to undead. Earth storm is different because it is a set listed amount of damage per packet.

Upvote 0
Earthblade does double damage to Undead.

Example: if you swing for "10 Earth" on an Undead, you are doing 20 damage.

However, as was noted earlier, some Undead cards have "Takes 1/2 Damage from Weapons". If you swing "10-Earth" on those creatures, you are doing 10 damage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back