Embroidery work

markusdark

Knight
Hello everyone,

As yet another step in trying to make LARPing as cool as possible, I am currently deciding on whether or not to purchase an embroidery machine. I have found one currently that can make 7x10" images that is at an extremely good price. However, I am wondering if others would be interested in low cost embroidery work. The cost would be anywhere from $10-25 per unit (not including fabric) depending upon quantity, technical difficulty of the artwork to program into the machine and so on.

Although many would say "That'd be neat! I'd take one!", I am looking for the people who'll say "I'll take 5 or more".

Mark

Although I can't say I'll take the work, I used to own one and really liked it. Personally I prefer the Husqvarna computerized systems, but I've tried a couple and you really do get your money's worth from them. And, I may have a commission piece for you sometime in the distant future for hoodies.

Well just in case anyone cares, besides the machines being anywhere from $500-$9,000, the software to make your own designs or take images and design it, is another grand.

Now, if I can just find someone who wants a $500 fancy sewing machine. :)

It's an estante 1 ESE. It has so many programmable sewing functions, I'd probably only use a tenth of them. It has silly things like you push a button and it cuts the thread for you, or has an attachment that will trim the fabric while you're sewing with it. It's just that it's an old model that does not have a USB port. If I have one of those, then the software would only cost $850 and it would be a one piece software solution.

Oh, and it has an 8.5" x 6" embroidery hoop if you like the pre-programmed stuff - including lettering.

Did you mean a Babylock Esante?

I ask becasue I am interested and want to do some research. I am currently looking at a Husqvarna Sapphire but would be happy to buy used from the communty instead.

Possibly a link to an info page for the machine?

--Chazz

PS - Don't get too excited just yet though, I am almost completely sold on that Husky.

I appreciate the offer but I think I'm going to try and sell it locally. I plan on selling it for $500 but shipping would be an additional $50 or so. If the one you want to buy has a USB port, I'd suggest getting it as you'd need a whole new piece of hardware and software for $200 just to access a special memory card, which will also cost you around $50 if you planned on making your own designs that is.

I don't know of an actual information sheet for it but here's an ebay article on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Baby-Lock-Esante-Se ... 5004r17835

Back