Emphasis on holding hands.

Tetsu

Scout
I want the Alliance to remain strong and healthy. I want everybody who runs games to work together and be happy. I hope that we can continue to do that moving forward, because I don't know what I personally would do without this game and this amazing community of people.

As we approach the National event I hope every one who is planning on attending brings an open mind and a good attitude. I want us to be able to work together and cooperate to have a wonderful time. We cannot let egos or lack of tolerance get in the way of our fun. We must adhere to the great spirit of the game.

The motivation behind this post is many fold. It is not easily explainable. I am just one person who has stuck with this for almost a decade now, and to me that's a really long time. I only stuck with Tae Kwan Do for like, two years. Most incredible immersing boffer larp in the country > sidekicking.

We all know we have something great here, let's everyone, players and staff work hard to sustain this amazing game for the good of all mankind.

Thank you.

Justin Coggin

hear hear! I really support this, and thanks for posting this Justin. I know the Alliance is more than just a game to me and many other people. I hope everyone can really come together and bond to some degree.

markusdark said:
As long as you East Coasters don't screw things up, it should be just fine. :cool:

Yo yo, them fightin words, yo.

I would really like to understand this whole "east coast" "west coast" midwest" "north" "south" "canadian" thing. Are we truly so different? Do we not want the same thing, a place to go be "crazy" and hang out with our friends? Are the differences in region so great that they truly divide us?

For the nearly ten years I have played this game I have heard these words tossed around at different times (well maybe not north or south) as if we are on some turf warzone. Sure we don't wear colors and carry guns, but we can verbally spar and tear each other apart. I have even heard rumblings of splits during extreme moments of tension. Personally as someone that loves to chapter hop and donate for GS to blanket onto my character, this always makes me cringe because I LOVE the fact that we have so many chapters in this alliance. In 2008 we nearly had an event for every weekend!

It sucks that I am judged by the region I live in by some people. I don't think all of us look at the alliance through regional colored glasses. I honestly believe there has to be some of us that don't really give a crap where you come from, if you are here to play the game, do it with good sportsmanship and aren't some mofo cheater scumbag--then you are cool and come play more!

Why do we have to segment ourselves? That only leads to divisions and divisions do not = alliance.

So I agree with Justin--we need to band together and show our support. But we need to start with how we see each other and how we phrase things on these boards. I really encourage everyone to drop the regional labels. Let's just be Alliance players and leave it at that.

Jessica

I would agree that there is no nessesity to for the regional labels, but honestly it will probably remain just because well, the games and people are different in different parts of the country. I mean America (as well as the Alliance now) is awesome in that you can go most places and you have the same bottom line values and laws and such, but there are differences in different parts of the country.

I too love the ability to chapter hop, and hey my first 6 weekend events were all in consecutive different chapters! :D But I don't think its nessisarily harmfull to recognize the fact that we come from different places and have different perspectives. Its all about aditude, and if we all use this knowladge to try extra hard to understand one another's differences it can help and make us stronger.

Hey one thing I'm personally looking forward too is getting a chance to meet some of the other folks who post a lot on these boards who will be at the national event! =) My avatar literally is my character, and other posters have talked about their characters so I know who some folks will be, but if anyone doesn't know my character or ooc name I'm happy if you refer to me as my sn when I meet folks oog at the national event. ;)

Anyways I hope this game really brings us together as an Alliance and that having a national event is something that now started will continue, and I as well as others can really look forward to every year. I know I would miss work/school/whatever to make sure I could attend it and I can't wait for the chance to go crazy with so many other awesome folks who speak the same game lingo (so to speak). :D

Most of my friends just don't understand when I get playfull mad and I start throwing packets at them yelling "I grant you the gift of death!"... :eek:

Those of us who headed out to the TC weeklong (from east and west) all got along fine. We're even had some EC people out to the WC for events since then, and vice versa. I think it's mostly an internet thing. There are a few loud people, or people who just get loud sometimes, on both coasts. I don't think it's really as big a deal once everyone's on the same site.
~Matt, WCV

Matt,

How dare you forget the Midwest again!?!

You make me wanna cry... 3 days... 3 days we gave you... and no... no fond memories from you. Whhhyyyyyyy!!!!

Ok im done.

But seriously

Hosts, (Local players, frequent HQ players)

Be nice... ask Renee and the staff what you can do to help. Theres plenty of needs. I know in traveling i've often been loaned reps if I couldn't pack them all... or was offered a cabin for my group... or just a bit more flexibility from local players... Those were the chapters that made me want to to return. Be great hosts and represent yourselves, your chapter, and Alliance.

Guests, ( thad be all those of us driving to HQ for the first time or from far away)

Be gracious, and go with the flow. Yes your far away from home base but remember to say thanks and please when you make requests, introduce yourself In and OOG ( maybe even give your board name!:)) strike up some decent conversation. Try to remember that a lot of the local folks know each other and know the ebb and flow of the event and the social structure...they tend to be comfortable with it... try not to be the stick in the gear. You represent your chapter and those you play with so be good.

To all,

Lets none of us be "That guy"... and above all, lets have some fun!

I look forward to getting slapped around a little at the national event. Everyone, bring your A-game in terms of sportsmanship, roleplay, costuming, safety, etc.... lets make this event awesome.

Thanks,

Paul Foisy
Alliance Chicago Owner
Alliance Plot Committee
Avid Chapter Hopper:)

Didn't mean my joke to cause an upheaveal. In fact, I just recently had to cancel my trip to the National event because a LARP that I have worked with and played in for the last decade will be going on an indefinite hiatus and will be running their 'last' game on the same weekend. I'm going to miss coming out there and not only experiencing a nice, large event but putting faces to names as well as saying hello to some old friends. I don't judge people by what region they come from - I judge them on their own, individual actions.

AllianceCHI said:
Lets none of us be "That guy"... and above all, lets have some fun!

Whoever 'that guy' is might just get taken out behind the woodshed.

Turns behind the woodshed with 'that guy' will cost $10.

Funds raised will be donated to charity*

* ME

Tetsu said:
I want the Alliance to remain strong and healthy. I want everybody who runs games to work together and be happy. I hope that we can continue to do that moving forward, because I don't know what I personally would do without this game and this amazing community of people.

As we approach the National event I hope every one who is planning on attending brings an open mind and a good attitude. I want us to be able to work together and cooperate to have a wonderful time. We cannot let egos or lack of tolerance get in the way of our fun. We must adhere to the great spirit of the game.

The motivation behind this post is many fold. It is not easily explainable. I am just one person who has stuck with this for almost a decade now, and to me that's a really long time. I only stuck with Tae Kwan Do for like, two years. Most incredible immersing boffer larp in the country > sidekicking.

We all know we have something great here, let's everyone, players and staff work hard to sustain this amazing game for the good of all mankind.

Thank you.

Justin Coggin

Well said, Justin. With that said, I would encourage the owners of chapters to advertise more so we may get some new blood. I would really like to see more of a new player flow and I just don't think it's happening.

Hernando said:
Well said, Justin. With that said, I would encourage the owners of chapters to advertise more so we may get some new blood. I would really like to see more of a new player flow and I just don't think it's happening.

It may or may not be germane to the thread, but I'd really encourage folks to think about what it is that makes people choose other forms of entertainment to spend their time and money on, and to think of ways to help our game appeal to them,

Wraith said:
It may or may not be germane to the thread, but I'd really encourage folks to think about what it is that makes people choose other forms of entertainment to spend their time and money on, and to think of ways to help our game appeal to them,

Been doin' it for 8 years now, Wraith. It's been interesting but I've managed to get a few people who aren't gamers to come play...

obcidian_bandit said:
AllianceCHI said:
How dare you forget the Midwest again!?!

Bah, you're more then 1000 miles from me, so you're East Coast.
Watch out San Fran, you get any further away and I'll call you EC too. :p

If SF gets any further away, it'll be because we've all slipped into the ocean... Good luck making it to one of our events then!

Marcena said:
Then we may as well make Alliance Hawaii!

You can always move there to start it...

Back