Event Favorites

Kitaruen

Knight
Thanks to all PCs and NPCs alike. Great weekend. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work at staying immersed, keeping fights intense yet safe, and just general awesomeness.

I have a lot of rp favorites but my brain is addled... So just a couple highlights off the top of my head.

-the necro smelling ogre
-maxwell 2.0
-maxwell void Rollins drama
-apple chocolate blessing of pre
-playing the wolf and watching great town organization and seeing people call out warnings

Runners and Npc's you guys did great. Thank you for making our closer epic. Tory, you get the ironman award for playing that prop monster for that long could not have been comfortable or fun.
Seeing so many people that I don't get to see or play with very often, was a special treat. Wish that I could travel more to see you all but maybe next year.
Memorial moments.
Epic roguing Rob D's wolf as an old fat guy.
Prop monster awesome!
Epic **** shots from Doug,Thetford and rob D.
Generally great pvp role play.
Great event. Great year.
See everyone next year

ESCAPE ROOM!
Just Don't. (Don't worry, I saved it for later, 'cause you know I will!)
Epic prop monster town non-fight. I have never had so much fun trying not to fight.
Taunting/distracting the bbg. I actually felt useful, and frankly, with my card as broken as it is, I rarely get that feeling.
Pregame prep. At one point Thursday night I had conversations with 11 different people going on.
Great conversations with Link and Quinn. Others as well, but I don't interact with either of them much, so they stand out to me.
Smacking an ogre upside the head. Always enjoyable.

Thanks to all the PCs and NPCs that made the weekend great. It was fantastic to have a chance to play with so many great people
Highlights for me included
  • Great prop monster fight, bonus kudos to all the aberrations surrounding the main monster for your tireless attacking.
  • Joe gets an award for champion circle operation, giving us all the time to refit and getting everyone in and out with ease.
  • Tons of interesting NPC interactions
  • Good conversations with old and new PC friends
Hope I can make it up for more events next year.

Matt

Thanks all! This chapter has a growing and great community that I look forward to each event. Some of my moments from the other side of the fence:

-Noble Dinner. Havok ramblings about the Empresses doing the Emperor. Intending to come out more harsh, but Mathis; this not his first trip noble dealings. Saro, queen for show.
-Maxwell's reaction to Ribbon's coat being feed to Despair. Fury and anger is a hard rp to pull off well while not taking it OOG. Good job sir.
-The last fight. Our first full prop monster (awesome job Tory, both in building and playing the part). Getting everyone involved and playing a part that wasn't separate the low levels and high levels into two fights. PC strategy to managing the boss and various other monsters, from kiting, to circle management, and from my personal slime experience each group having flame carriers to melt my slime in a hurry before spewing on a group.
-Quinn performing rituals. A video should be done and posted how to be awesome roleplaying rituals by Quinn.
-Seeing two guild reunions of members. HoG and OEF.
-Cider tasting. Closer then I thought it would be, I would have chosen Maxwell's myself. Thanks Nate for the certificate!
-Watching Aidon run his first mod and with creative twist.
-Donations. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sorry I bailed at Afters. Had a bad headache going in that went to migraine levels with all the sound/hallway reverb that literally made me nausa and sweats. Wish I could have stayed to hear all the stories, input of both positive and negative nature. I appreciate all the feedback we have gotten and will take that into next season!

Last edited:
This event was filled with awesome moments for me. Here are a few stand outs.

Bob rushing at me shouting "Do you accept my physical role play"

Mask wearing a mask over his mask for the masquerade

PC's going "OH ****" when they saw the prop monster.
"we've got 30 seconds till he gets to us. Never mind we need to move now"
I had so much fun running around in that costume and have never been so sore.

Incoming wall of text.
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
Deal with it.
(⌐■_■)

Starting with my IBGA:

As a new character, I sent in a vague IBGA about sightseeing in graveyards. Cory wrote back a cool little scene with the Syndicate, and connected me to the plot in one E-mail. I had some skin in the game, and a thing to do on the weekend 10/10. Cory, thank you so much.
-Note: If you are not sending in IBGAs you are missing out. They are great ways to let Plot know what you like, and plot to let you know where you can do things that you like. It doesn’t need to be long, or magnificent prose. It’s just good fun in between events, and fosters communication between plot and players. If you’re stuck on where to start, use this handy madlib I wrote for a basic IBGA.
“{Your character’s name}, likes to {verb of something you wish would happen at the event}. In between games, I want to go to {place your character knows about and can get to} looking for opportunities to {whatever verb you wrote in the second blank}”

Friday Night check-in:

Amy was on point for pre-reg’d character stuff. EZPZ. The ritual scrolls were not ready, which kinda sucked, since we were hoping to get them cast in the early evening during the slow time. Not having them ready at the start pushed actual casting into the more “prime time” adventuring hours. It also sucked we couldn’t ‘protect’ our sleeping area early. Once they were printed, plot got them to us without much trouble. So a minor blip, but nothing huge.

Friday Evening:

I heard about a Tombstone in my IBGA that I needed to find in-game. I had huge concerns about it being a needle -> haystack situation or not repped well. It just off the edge of a clearing, and encoded in a weird font. Perfectly repped. Couldn’t ask for more. No hints. No crutches. Just 5 paragraphs of unreadable text, have a nice day. <3 thanks Cory. (or whoever) I love hard/long puzzles like that that don’t hold the non-puzzlers hostage. I could work on it on my own, and once I had it done, bring in the more action oriented players to make choices.

Thanks to the rotating OEF members watching my back while also watching Mathis’. At one point, a kind of funny moment, the 2 OEF watching me at a distance, challenged/were concerned when two other OEF members came up to talk to me. The joys of darkness and distance, but really reinforced they had my back. Then once I had it translated, it was a cool way to meet everyone, by passing it around and sharing the info I learned.

The Dark Elf thing was friday as well I think. I love a huge group getting together, ‘just in case’ it goes south. Diplomacy wins the day.

Saturday is kinda hazy. But random thoughts.

Cool Tournament. I’m never a huge fan of events that require scheduling/ coordination. But it being at the start/finish was a good way to let people know about it happening, and then announcing the winners. I’m crazy competitive, so I really enjoyed all the events. Plus, I got to meet/interact with many townsfolk I might not have otherwise done. I’m sorry I never met Naya the “wee Mee Wee” on an OOG level. You seem very cool, want to learn, and have a great attitude. Cheers!

Hat’s off to the 3 Tinkertown Tabby bandits who took the bag, and ran it..… all..… the way….. to the gate/mists. <shakes fist> We’ll get ‘em next time Ardos.

The dwarven Land-shark lightning mining mod: This was my first sweet combat mod after a year hiatus, and probably 3-4 years since playing a C caster. Oh baby, what a welcome back. Thanks to all the NPCs for continual pops and pressing us to respond. We used a ton of stuff but nothing felt cheesy or like we were just fighting ink. Just tough mobs and a bunch of them. About halfway through we figured out a strategy and it worked well. Which always feels good. That final puzzle was cool. So glad Casan figured out he could riposte back the axe shot, or we could have been in real trouble.

The big Fight:

Holy crap. Ok.

The lead up to it, was super confusing. How many groups, with how many people could do which mods. I’m glad we got almost an OOG explanation because that level of cat-wrangling is tough. So awkward start.

The pay-off though, was amazing.

The walking fight to the fight, was great. Just hard enough that it required some coordination. An excellent appetizer the coordination that was coming.

The main battle, on a conceptual level sounds fantastic. Small groups, doing side mods getting a buff, said buff killing some constant trash. While a prop monster rampages around. Sounds super cool but a tough ask for any Plot team.

You guys executed it flawlessly. Trash never stopped spawning. It was never able to be ignored, but wasn’t {{WOLF!!}} overwhelming. The Prop monster looked cool, and was scary. It’s attacks were terrifying but not “F you, you don’t get to play anymore” It was a fight {{RADI IN}} that needed tactics to win. So rarely have I seen group tactics matter so much in a prop monster battle. If plot planned/expected on {{RADI OUT}} that kiting happening, you guys are gods. If you didn’t plan on that happening, you rolled with it so well, and made the {{ANOTHER WOLF!!!, BLUE ON THE LEFT}} tactics matter, you’re still gods. I only went on one ‘side’ mod, like everyone else. And it was real fun. Not a tacked on resource drain, or just some BS time waster. It had a real sense of urgency to get it {{WHO’S GOT YELLOW?}} finished, and get the next group going. Kudos to whoever wrote the Candle Puzzle, with Brigit and… other npc who I didn’t meet running it well.

The fight after was more cool town movement. Watching a town work together like that is so satisfying. Doug was an excellent harrower of the back line. Wouldn’t stand still to let us fight him, wouldn’t let us ignore him. Excellent/ entertaining tactics.

Don’t have much to say about the in building stuff, I didn’t seen much of it. Yay, wall of force scroll.

The permed bodies. Finally Gideon can play with the corpses. Cory, thanks for letting me not be a necromancer and staying there. Sorry for not realizing I was keeping you there sooner. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Plot, PCs, everyone, too many people to call out by name,

I’d been real burned out on Larping and took a year-ish off. This was me coming back. Thank you all so much for making my reintroduction so wonderful, and really reminding me why I love running around in the dark with birdseed and plumbing supplies.

See you all next season.

-Joe

Last edited:
-Noble Dinner. Havok ramblings about the Empresses doing the Emperor. Intending to come out more harsh, but Mathis; this not his first trip noble dealings. Saro, queen for show.

I'm not sure what you mean Cory, Mathis rarely deals with nobles. He's certainly not adept to the intricacies of courtly politics. Heck he only ended up a knight by accident.

That said, HaVok can craft a metaphor when he puts his mind to it.

Thanks to everyone for letting my kick the tires on my latest attempt at a merchant, had a great time, although wearing actual armor took me out shortly after 7. (I should have taken a nap, doh!)

-Crafting talk and discussing potential needs with people.
-Being treated as a new adventurer, wow it's been awhile!
-Weapon Master weapon borrowing worked much better than expected!
-Nice to see some old faces again.
-Dead Rabbit mentions all through the weekend.
-Adorable rabbitkin comes in, I slide up to Cyn "You um, you know that's how Enan sees ALL kin right?" and her response.
-The Grand Melee and epic duel with Artos at the end

I'm not sure what you mean Cory, Mathis rarely deals with nobles. He's certainly not adept to the intricacies of courtly politics. Heck he only ended up a knight by accident.

Then your logic and words were those that I could not argue against as NPC and you changed how that went :)

I had a fantastic time. I don't get enough opportunities to PC so having an event be so great for when I do is worth a great deal to me. On top of that we were able to get the band back together for one HELL of a great show put on by plot. So thank you, very much.

Here comes my own wall of text. I apologize for nothing....

Moments and things:
-Putting the light of the moon back in the sky. Been doing this werebear thing a very long time and not only was that a first, it was all diplomacy... super rare for something that so directly concerns me. I enjoyed it very much.
-Watching Wycliff's mind as we attempted to tackle the Order of the Lands/Syndicate Mad Scientist info gather:
l0MYEqEzwMWFCg8rm.gif

-I had so many different one on one RP with people that I can't list it all here. It was fantastic, thank you all.
-Getting super jumped by assassins, I was so shocked they rebooted my failing brain. I think I was more angry that I forgot how to play than someone tried to kill me.
-I don't ever get tired of Link the stealth marauder. The dark isn't as scary if you bring your own monsters for the rest of them to worry about. Never get tired of the "HaHA!" head crack*.
-Watching Mathis and Quinn switch into diplomacy and field command mode and dial it to 11.
-Working back to back with HoG, even starting days before the event and ending it gloriously. There wasn't a drop of awkward, there was only awesome sauce. HoG whenever you need a point-and-click thug you just point and I'll click.
-Utter confusion in the woods and Lukas pulling the trigger on my would-be assassins with me. I was so looking forward to the "bringing up on charges". My barrister explained we had an iron clad defense... they said "no effect" the whole time, so really no one got hurt, no assault.
-Tory doing the stilt walk. My second prop monster was a much MUCH crappier version of the four legged stilts concept and I walked 1/20th the distance that you did. Way to IronMan that propmonster sir. You did a fantastic job. By the way the 30 second comment was mine, it was funnier for me because I looked away while saying it, you started steam rolling, I looked back. I hope you got a clear look at my "OH-face... I've made a terrible mistake..." .
-Doug in the rock rolly pollies. I totally wiffed with a slay "WIFF!!" Excited cackle and started wailing on me... and I totally deserved it.
-Casan going cloaked sword murder ref. He just walked the field correcting issues for people and restoring order so the fight could continue easily with the same look on his face as someone happliy driving a Zamboni. Haven't had the privlage to witness that in a while.
-Thetford never blinked at all my random questions and attempts to try utterly random ideas. He never hesitates to tell me no, but he always considers anything and is always flexible, even in the middle of a mass town assault. Kudos for everything man, thanks for putting up with me.
-The Undead/Construct super arm monster ending.
  1. The complicated fight was executed very very well. Apologies to Thetford as I asked him over and over in game to explain it to me how it worked, to have it contradict the other info gathering and plans, to getting smacked properly and getting the much needed OOG "ok dammit do exactly what I tell you to.". That kind of trust and flexibility only comes with great experience in charge and doing what you need to to make certain everyone in the end will have fun.
  2. Fighting through the ultra dark woods in proper organized accordion-style action brought back amazing memories and created a ton of new great ones.
    1. "These things spell strike death over and over!" Naomi and Nyo "Nah, we got it. Work on your side."
    2. Shouting ..."And wax em!" blurs similar shaped to Naomi and Lukas depart the line... line shifts forward to assist. "No no... wait for it.... 2.... 1..." *crumbles* "See?"
    3. "Zane? Should we say something about that wolf creeping up on Link's flank?" "in the forest?" *laughing... *wolf murder*
    4. Ahlana, "I got this, go hurt something for me."
    5. Zane "Saro, kill it dead" *all the arrows fly away*... holy crap.
  3. It wasn't a HoG or an OEF fight, it was a town fight. It didn't matter who was calling the shots because there was a different reconized voice for each job that needed to be done. We all just meshed together, adjusted when we needed to, and made it work.
  4. The mechanic of the huts completion connecting to the monsters that spawned them, then the town having to coordinate the right people to the right places to take out the threat was inspired. Brigit kept it moving, plot members were on top of their colored roles, and the whole thing just moved like some kind of colorful violent watch. Magnificent job Plot, all of you, hats off.
    1. There are countless little moments in that big fight I just loved. I was so happy that everyone got to play their part and I loved that when a someone had a job to do they just booked it to do so. I think I got ran over by a number of victory driven go getters.
    2. Utter trust that those that had my back very much did. Pretty sure I am keyed to jump when Gideon says "exposed!" and "Zane In!" now. I'll hear it in my sleep until Thursday at least.
  5. Having the privlage to lead the attack that broke the creature's back. One of each color flew in behind me and hit perfectly timed. It was awesome.
    1. Did anyone else think "flying V!" as we ran in? Mighty Ducks? Just me?... right I need to end this post.
My only regret is I sat out the tournament. Zane's roleplay/plot does not allow him to fight for sport. So I made some dumb assumptions and missed the whole start of it. While I did get some really great interpersonal plot in, I later came by and saw the wide spread of games that were not all martial tournament style I felt like a total loser. I've seen a bunch of tournaments before and Brigit yours looked more fun than just about all of them. Sorry, but the loss is mine.

If you make me pick something I would have changed after all the diplomacy Friday night I really wanted to hit something. I had to try to come up with the part that bothered me... so this complaint is still a compliment.

Thank you again every one!
Cheers,
Travis/Zane

Last edited:
Mathis your use of logic and reason is rarely topped. I made sure you were included for that reason. I believe I said, we needed to have at least one person with a brain. Had that gone the way I expected it to he wouldn't have made it out of his own circle. I'm contrary and I know it. Its part of my charming personality. I figured if anyone could mediate a middle road it would be you. Thanks

Favorites
-Watching Kunzio get all the cool stuff for being a good person
-Turkey
-Walking into the noble dinner pretending like I'm hot ****, getting destroyed and then being informed that people would have supported me if I stuck with the queen thing
-Accidentally killing ribbons
-Kalith trying to comfort me about killing ribbons
-Giving Maxwell the tiny hat for the dragon puppet
-The troll mod
-Not knowing what happened with the heirloom
-Kalith telling me I'm a necromancer
-Realising I kinda was
-Being simultaneously the best archer and the worst
-weird talks with Kai about the umm... anatomy? of different creatures
-Kai saying was going to ask Zhool to marry her
-The ogre shattering my mask and everyone feeling so sad for poor Saro
-Mask^2
-The return of my mask by random villager
-the slime mod, covering Pyke in leaves after he shot me in the back and officially deciding to leave my guild
-Deciding I was going to be shiny's squire
-Everthing Zhool. Zhool is always my favorite
-Talking to Zhool in the dark woods and not feeling safe because necromancy and creepy IBGA
-Zhool human mask
-Guessing that everyone is Anawhen
-Zhool hugs

Last edited:
Taken me a couple days to think. Was overwhelmed with tiredness and couldn't focus most of the event. Which made it not as rememberable as I wanted to.
But the amount of pc's was chaotic for Pyke and trying to help just not being able to think.

The amount of beat downs I got for just trying to help but missing it and making someone anger.
Mainly the arrow to the back of saro's back and sir foss coming at me and started to run but was like yah I'll just take it.

The amount of time it took for the town mod was nice. Wasn't just 10 minutes of a beat down and walk away. Very intricate plan and follow through.
The pocket to Rocky's forehead was something I didn't see making my night but a shoot was just too funny

Finally not caring about my homelands and making a new beginning. No ties to another place that makes me feel like I'm not apart of the adventuring community.

Much more just lost about half the event in my mind from being tired.

Having my wife text me at 4:30am Sunday morning saying she's stranded on the side of the road and running to jump her vehicle.

Jared

I know a lot of good pictures were taken this event. I was wonder where/when they would be posted.

I always look like a potato

Back