EVENT REVIEW: "All Good Things..." - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
Gnolls, Gnolls, everywhere! I wonder what's happened to them now?
---
NOTE: With the ending of event the way it was (RP HOLD), there are NO IBGAs this month. Also, make certain your email address is correct in the database (check in your character information here on the forum), as a special announcement/information blast will be going out in the next few days regarding October's event...

**NPCs - Do not post here. We have our own review, which I have posted to the FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.

Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. It's pretty obvious...I got to become the gnollvatar! That was so much fun. From the various trials (climbing the rope bridge and earning 'Flappy's' respect, playing a game of chess, and fighting the runt of the fire tribe) to getting to step way, way, WAYYYYY out of my comfort zone and trying to convince the Breach that violence isn't always the answer (and then getting into arguments with some good friends). Outside of that, the final fight was a blast, as was starting the game on a personal mod that was just hilarious. And when I left the Breach Saturday night to join NPC camp? It was really cool to see how the other side lives. Hope I didn't annoy anyone too much ;)

2. I sat here for about 10 minutes trying to think of something, but I'm drawing a blank.

3. More with that cabin in the archery range. That added so much to the event. It was so cool. Also, the monster hunter mods sounded like fun, and I want to get in on that.

4. It had finally happened. Peace had been reached not only between the warring gnoll tribes, but between the Breacher's and the gnolls as well. A monumental task that had taken Ruki to the brink...but it happened.

And then, in only a moment, it came crashing down. Those he worked so hard to protect and unite had been captured by a time elemental...

"I have to find them...I have to save them...." he said to himself, coming out of the time stop stasis.

1. I had a lot of great moments this weekend and though it was pretty quiet for me it's fun to see the directions that Siegart is going. (I say quiet as I was exhausted and it was difficult to get my head in the game)

Knowing the terrible secret behind getting Kumari's tongue back was amazing

Mitigating multiple mods with out any violence was awesome, I always appreciate people that can think their way through a fight and I really appreciate that plot is creating more and more of those options for us.

Long live the gnoll-vatar! That was some crazy fun rp and it's fun to see some of the older players clashing heads with the newer players, loved the inter-player rp this allowed for.

It was awesome to see you back Dawn! I loved seeing you and I apologize for Siegart being a bit prickly!

2. Even with the notes of all of the Dark Reaches story and the Zorta story posted in the tavern I still had more then one person coming to me complaining about not being told information or not being involved with certain aspects of the story. This is a growing problem and one that Anthony and I have tried to stem time and time again, it's getting to the point that I feel I need to say a few things however.

A) if you're curious about the story as it happens, then the burden to find out is on you to ask people the information, the term 'find out in game' needs to come into play far more often here

B) if you're wanting to join the storyline, then it is up to you to ask in game or out of game to show your interest in stories so that we know who wants to come

C) if you're not included someone's storyline it may be personal or something that they're not willing to share yet, if they need help or want to share they will.

This last one is especially important to me as the same people that have been complaining they're not included in people's personal plot are themselves not sharing information about their own personal story. Sometimes it's just a good idea to ask about people's stories and be happy to hear what they've been doing.

3. I would love to get to know more people, we exploded with new players this season and I'm having trouble getting around to get to know you all! More amazing RP and more positive, non combat RP is a married couple that came through town and had a baby was one of my favourite things I've done all year! Someone needing both a flower arranger and a poet made me happy, and a little sad that I had to give up so many craftsmen when I switched classes.

4. "Circles. We're going in goddamn circles." Siegart thought as another person raised his voice to argue with Ruki about fighting the gnolls. The ginger had called a town meeting and his tone had been... Gruff... To say the least. Siegart understood why, if he'd been terminated and thrown into the stocks directly afterward for standing up for a belief he'd be gruff as well, however it wasn't helping Ruki's case.

Siegart raised his own voice to address the masses, "Don't you people understand that something new is happening? Nothing like these element-gnolls has ever happened before, a sentient race has come seeking asylum and help, their home has been destroyed and they don't know where to go. Of course they're going to try to find homes here, we did the same thing in their realm-"

The Tari nor cut himself off abruptly as a few people looked ready to argue with him.

He looked to Ruki, the man that had weathered the world with him and had supported him at every moment. The man who still believed in him even after his horrible mistakes with that damned flute, and he knew that if he had continued this argument, Siegarts past could come up and ruin Ruki's chances to make this work.

With a few quick moments of introspection Siegart stood up, said, "This is Kara Vale all over again. I don't need to be here." And then he made his way to the door knowing two things.

1. Ruki had this situation under control. He would see it through to its finish just fine.

And 2. He didn't want his bad name sullying Ruki's anymore then it had to.

Last edited:
Being a sailor for Ruki's personal mod friday night, the whole overnight mod, the dark reaches mod saturday, and the big fight at the end. All high points.

People backing out of the dark reaches mod after doing the all-nighter mod the day before, and the amount of stress it put on Anthony to fill the party literally at the last minute. If you sign up for the first mod, you're committed to the second. We shouldn't be permitting people to go on the fun Friday night mod and then skip the hard one that lowers your body on Saturday.

The boat was cool, the house was great. I'd like to see both more of the same, and more things in that vein.

Running from the chittering avalanche of insects, Barra veered sideways towards Sarryn's running battle with a scorpion of truly breathtaking size, hastily throwing a fresh Spell Shield onto him as they pelted towards the mists. Almost there. Almost there!
Darkness
Barra's eyes flicked open, and he gasped first at the sight of Scarlet anxiously standing over him, then again at the pain. He was barely clinging to life. Painfully summoning power into his hand, he healed his wounds before standing and glancing around.
"We all made it then? Good."

1. As a player, I rather liked being put in charge of finding a team of people to go rescue a grove from Water Gnolls, as it was nice to be a pseudo-leader for once; Phal was rather unhappy about it as a character, though, because the responsibility was more than he was expecting when he felt Fern was coming to visit. Other than that, constantly loading down people going on the overnight mods satisfied my mothering instincts both in and out of game, even if the potions and elixirs were never used.

Outside of my feelings on events, it was super awesome that everyone went along with Ruki's plan to unite the Element Gnolls, and it was awesome to see it turn out the way he'd hoped for a while. Great job from Plot and the NPCs.

2. Nothing stuck out to me as a character? But as a player, the Element Gnolls being recaptured by the Time Elemental was... Less than appreciated. I can think of at least 2 reasons why the decision was made (Plot needing us to stop making friends with the monsters so we actually have something to fight comes to mind immediately :p), but on a personal level it feels like all the effort Ruki put in over the weekend to get that peace ended up being... I don't have a better way of wording it right now, but almost wasted? Randy obviously feels differently based on his review, and I'm glad he doesn't feel like I do about it, but I would have liked more than 5 minutes of peace between the Breach and the Gnoll tribes.

3. Even though I was only there for two events that used it, I'd like the shack in the archery field to be used again; it added a really nice feel to the Undead Homestead with the little girl, and it made for a really awesome way to 'bury' miners while having the NPCs actually hidden from view.

4. I think I'll keep this one slightly mysterious and just give it a title: "Butter by the Fire". Those of you who saw it, I hope you weren't too grossed out; those of you who didn't, Phal will repeat the performance if requested. :p

Also forgot to mention, got to have some great conversastions with people I normally don't (Phal, Thistle, and Evo)....that was all very wonderful :)

And I don't think it feels wasted, assuming I get a chance to save them!

Phal is happy to talk to just about anyone, and enjoys hearing about adventures he didn't go on, so feel free to seek him out if you want to gush or vent about something. :D

Last battle was awesome ending. It's a nice change of pace from what usually happens. Having an interesting lair that if you got riddle answer wrong you went berserk. Hope to see twists like that from future lairs.

While the "Land of the Dead" mod was neat idea to spend over night at the archery range, it would have been nice before game start to put your cot or air mattress or whatever your going to sleep before game started. Having only 20 minutes to grab your sleeping gear or taking a death isn't cool to me especially since you have to head back to your cabin and hope not to wake up your cabin mates. I brought a cot and a blanket but they were in my car. I didn't want to search for my keys in my cabin to make noise. Even if I found them I don't think I'd have enough time to bring everything I need down considering I have a bad right knee which limiting how fast I can walk not being in pain. If I could have set up sleeping arrangements beforehand I don't think I would have gotten sick which turn cause me to miss the second part of the "Dark Reaches" mod since I felt exhausted from everything. The second thing I didn't like was finding out the cost of breakfast and dinner went up to 2 silver and 3 silver. That seems a bit pricey since now I have to pay 7 silver for meal plan on top of the $25 for real life money I spend on food for game.

Having riddlies for doors for lairs that cause effects if you answer incorrectly.

Everybody was trying to guess what the door riddle answer was. Nakor went thru the door and said "shoe". He went berserk afterwards. He saw 4 people and starting hurling Ice storms till they hit him and few times and he laid in his pool of blood till he got a life spell by Scarlet.

child necromancer fight, bandit king fight

None

Awesome plot and new players

Hmmmmm, f the Element-Gnolls came to the breach and disappeared, what are their respective tribes going to think we did to them???

OC Chris Gray
IC Rovinder Kitt

1. The overnight mod was a blast. All the stuff around the Necromancy plotting :) Trying to figure out how to get the “wish” stone from Tengu. As Thistle doing what I can to prevent it, then trying to get around what I’ve done and try to get it anyways. Speculating about the possibility of future Ruki/Gnoll hybrids showing up next game, in front of a ‘windy’ Ruki. It was a great weekend.

2. Not being able to stay awake long enough for the Dark Reaches mod on Saturday night.

3. Three people on dish duty each shift.

4. (well a moment from me) Getting Tengu alone, with a Marshall and an amnesia elixir in my pocket . It was almost as if he was trying to avoid me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back