EVENT REVIEW: "Bordertown" - JUNE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
Now settled into the Fort Shaundaular, the heroes must prepare for the road ahead into Rocholm. Contacts are being made, and the bordertown itself is not without its own dangers and mysteries...

----

Quick turnaround this time! Please have IBGAs and MI picks in by THIS SUNDAY, July 9th.

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

I had a great time. One of my favorite moment was hanging out with all of those stoned dryads. They were pretty funny. I got scared, when they said that a dragon was coming. I looked around and realized that they were talking about the birds. I really like the diversity in the caravans.

I like that I was able to show leadership and that others are willing to take the lead with me in inter-guild efforts. Thank you to all of those who helped me.

I cannot think of anything that we can improve on for now.

More adventures where it is possible to come to help others instead of just killing whoever you just met. Maybe even build agreements and relationships.

Bota and Sandor are talking to a Fairy who wishes to give them gifts. Bota knows that some fairy are good but others are not as good. He tries to explain it to Sandor who ask the fairy to give Bota a gift. The fairy replies I'll give you the gift. She then threw the death spell at Sandor. Sandor freezes for a quick moment in fear as the Spell Shield Bota had given him blocked the spell.
Bota prefers his gift to Sandor to the one the one the fairy attempted giving him and is quite happy his friend remained alive. They both learned to be cautious.

Last edited:
Arriving Friday with the caravan, I had fun wearing my backpack for that. I thought it was cool :)

Having an npc ask for me by My last name was kinda neat. Made me feel as though Billins reputation is growing.

I felt like I had less down time this game. I don't know if it was because I was asking around and talking to people more or I just was included in more outings.

Not much can be done about it, but during the dark reaches mod standing around for so long while all of the traps were being disarmed. Is no ones fault just was tired at that point.

The wild runs were interesting and would like to see those continue.

"Quick duck in here!" My companion quietly shouted at me and we ducked into the forest, hopefully out of site. Looking farther down I can only kinda make out Krath. One of our pursuers walks past and we hold our breath. A tense moment later and they were gone. But we knew that there were more after us than just that one so we quietly re adjusted to get a better view. Not long later we hear a group of people approach from the fort and i recognize captain Hamish as well as a few of the others. These were who I was going to go with to investigate a missing homegaurd. I stand up and walk out of the forest, I will be safe with my companions I thought. I did not expect the drawn weapons or the readied mana that greeted me apon my exit... guess I was better hidden than I thought.

1. Post your favorite moments:
-The Wild Runs! While the one I went on was kind of weird (we see an Unspoken, who then runs off and that's that)...I love the idea behind them and wish I had time to go on more than one.
-The caravans coming into town on Friday night, and heading down with the marquis and assisting the town.
-Getting to flex my rogue muscles
-The Remmington mod was pretty solid! Although....ugh....touching the octopus made me want to puke.
-Zou returning! Nadia showing up! Getting to play with Abbey for the first time! So many new PCs!
-Alchemy roulette, even if it pissed off literally the entire town.
-Finding a necromacy ritual and turning it into the earth weavers
-That PvP is becoming more common place/slightly accepted. This weekend: Thieving. There was more theft this weekend than all of my other games combined, and I loved it.
-Having Rachel actually come out and play. She enjoyed herself :D
-Cabin 8 being the hang out cabin of choice at times.
-Actually being useful in the Dark Reaches for the first time (out of 3). While I may have set off a LOT of traps, getting a chance to attempt to disarm them was nice.

-Before the Remmington mod we were told not to go too far, since we would be going out soon. I avoided going on patrols/wild runs because of this. The mod didn't go off for another 3-4 hours, which kind of left me in a sour mood. It sucks, but it is what it is.

-PvP and traps.
-Wild Runs. I hope that stays!

The laughter died down after another joke was made at his expense...but Ruki had had enough. He was sick of being the butt of the joke, the literal and figurative whipping boy. He stood up from his seat in front of the warm fire and walked away without a word. He could hear the confusion in the voices of his friends, who followed after him.

"Is everything alright?" Siegart asked.

"I'm ******* done," Ruki sighed. "When the entire town gives me **** for something I haven't done or that doesn't affect them, it pisses me off. It was fine at first, but I'm done. It's one thing when a friend takes a jab at me, but when some piece of **** that I haven't even met gets in on it? It's gone too ******* far."

In the past, Ruki did everything he could to help his fellow ex-Breacher's, but now he was questioning if it was even worth it.

Lots!
~ There was some personal growth with Arlyne this month which I am quite happy about.
~ Remmington Mod. Everything from the March of the Untiring to the great RP from the team with the Goblin and Gnoll, the puzzle and even handling those baby squiddies.
~ FAIRY DANCE PARTY! :D
~ I found the pace was way better this month. Fishbowls were plenty, lots of activity outside of the Fort.
~ The run I did with Ruki with the Alchemy. Sarryn's laugh was quite funny; I tried not laugh myself (Sorry Healers! :( )
~ The fact that now both Schools of Magic can dual cast (to an extent). Arlyne will be a ways away from casting Earth Magic, but its great to see this starting to happen.

I do agree with Ruki with the timing of Remmington. However, I do understand that there are some things that we cant control (my best guess was the weather as it did pour quite abit Saturday afternoon)

This is moreso for myself, but I would like to get on a Wild Runs run. Every time there was one, I was tied up with something...... Guess I should one head up then :)
Traps please :)

Arlyne squirms a little as she picks up a baby Illith and tries to put it in her container to take back for research. She manages to get most of it in and tries the cap on it she hears and audbile *squish* as the head pops out. "ewwwwww...." she thinks to herself as she tries to cram it in to no avail. She sighs and settles with the cap just covering the head.

She looks around and sees the other squiddies floating in their eggs. "We have to kill them all" She says to her party and looks up to them. All agreed, and with one swift motion of the blade, she punctures the egg and stabs every one of them in the head, except for one. Hearing their small cries echo in the cave gave Arlyne a bit of chill. She then collects the remaining egg and her container and makes her way out of the circle of power.

Once out, she surveys the cave one more time and leaves with her party, hoping that she wont have to return anytime soon.

The meetings with the FateSpinner and the Arch Mage. They actually were out long enough to get more deeply involved than their time usually allows.
And they brought out a big announcement that rather changed the landscape of the game.
I enjoyed was seeing those senior NPC s in an extended Role Play!

Was not thrilled to loose the time it took getting into and out of gear for the double hook. Partly a mechanical reality, and partly I may need to adjust how I dress and what I carry. Live an learn!

Please continue the Wild Runs! They provided an easy and effective answer for anyone who was getting restless and may have felt old style patrols were not the answer. Good thinkin!

Sitting quietly in the shade Isawda listened to the quiet conversation between Clover, Phalinaenopsis and their varied guests. Some seeking the sweet products of Clovers oven, other seeking a quiet moment in the resting center arranged by Phalaenopsis. Soon enough there would be a call for healing. In the meantime a peaceful moment out of the sun was a welcome respite. (I am SUCH a danger mouse!)

I'm with Mike. It was cool to have the Fatespinner and the Archmage out for enough time for some personal interaction. Liked the move with opening up the second school option. Will most likely be using it before summer is out if I can get approval. The new outfits representing newly acquired status were a cool touch. I enjoyed the underground forest lair and am interested in seeing how that develops in the future. Like the idea of the Wild Runs. Also there were a few very interesting and entertaining IG and OOG conversations sprinkled throughout the weekend that made it quite enjoyable.

Most of my less favorite stuff is just my stuff. I'm working on it. The one bit that was not me was the spins to simulate the disorientation of falling into the underground lair. Apparently I'm really susceptible to those. Didn't even make the full compliment of spins. But I can RP disorientation, so let's not do that again. :)

I like that the lair I happened to go on turned into a "Chapter 1" as opposed to one and done. It's more work, so I expect that sort of lair to be a bit rare, but it's a nice surprise. Not just for the role play and the story we are now in, but for me, being more standoffish than I would like? Now I'm in something, and I know I'll be in it next game too. Until the story is done or I am pulled away. That's very helpful for a standoffish bast@rd like me. :)

Bota pulls up a chair opposite Darien in the Forts Mess Hall. The layout of the place was still taking some getting used to, but at least the food was plentiful and filling. The two being skilled in magics, all be it of differing schools, talk naturally turned to the paradigm shifting opening of the path to secondary schools of magic, the utility of scrolls, and the fine details of Wands and their general utility, even at low levels, among other things. Breaking up only when Bota was called away for some business or other. *I'm not even going to try to recreate a segment of this conversation, as that's a whole lot of french accent that I'd have to figure out how to type up.* LOL

Alright so keep in mind I'm absolutely new to this whole thing in general. I had a gigantic blast of a time though, and everybody kept asking me 'Hey you coming back next time?' Just try and stop me.

Walking in at the onset. Especially for me being new to the community OOG as well as IG, it felt pretty damn cool. The red carpet was a little less friendly than I expected, but at least I got a taste of the action right from the get go. I felt bad for the folks that had to drag in all their stuff though, I spose travelling light has its advantages.

I can't think of anything that warrants complaint. Can we ask the mosquitoes to go somewhere else next time?

Wild runs. I guess those are new but they kept me doing things. Whenever I got bored there was always somebody looking to go on one, and all of the ones I went on gave me something to do or let me learn something. Although there was that one pants soiling moment with the explosive trap we fortunately didn't set off. I could do without more of those.

'They've been doing this for centuries, they don't want to talk. I can't even imagine being at war for longer than the last three generations of my family, how arrogant would it be of me to try and pander to these people, to create a connection with them? Their minds are broken, their way of life is nothing more than a constant battle, either with us or with their own demons. Fine, fine, you guys go give peace a chance, but I'll be here covering you when it doesn't work.'

Can't wait to see all of ya at the next event.

running as a pc for the first time was my favourite moment as there was a lot of help in the game mechanics. I am looking forward to my next event in august...which I have booked off :)

I didn't get in to any of the wild hunts as they were mostly 3 stars or higher. but I will be ready for the next time

hard to say for the moment will wait to see what comes about at my next event

"are the fairies coming?" pc comes running around the building full bore..."they're coming..RUN!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back