EVENT REVIEW: "From the Ashes" - December 2016 (Tavern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
Welcome everyone back to the capital once more! I hope you enjoyed the first event of our winter season - let us know how it went for you

If we could have IBGAs and MI picks in by Saturday, December 31, it would be greatly appreciated!

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. Oh man, so much! This was probably my favorite tavern event.
-A small thing, but I really liked being able to buy a bottle of 'wine', made me feel fancy
-Asking something of the bartender, and getting in trouble with Barnabas
-The PCs who joined monster camp, and the NPCs who came out as their own characters....all wonderful! And special shout out to Steve/Diggs, what a great character
-Talon/Hamish/Xamot helping me with questionable activities.
-The questionable activities blowing up in my face
-Getting paid to be a messenger.....twice!
-Fighting the Rat King, and the Wild Hunters Guild.

2. Not much that I can think of. If I had to really nitpick, I'd say that a lot of the PCs just clumped up at one or two tables, made the tavern feel kind of bare. And there weren't too many fishbowl NPC's going out (but I understand that was because you were down a few people in monster camp)

3. Everything that was done this tavern? More of that.

4. Ruki searched up and down the harbor with Xamot, Hamish and some of the home guard in tow. The ship HAD to be there, he had just seen the captain and her crew....his life and the life of his family was riding on this. After a bit, he came to a stop, "It's not here.....the ship isn't here......"

He turned to his fellow Ex-Breachers, "You need to distance yourselves from me. You can't be implicated in what I've done."

1. Same as ruki there ALOT of fun
-being compleatly stumped on a situation that involved questionable activitys
-geting involved in diffrent questionable activits
-order elemental.... those who where their know what i mean.
-more hunter stuffs.
-head injurys (not actual ones this time)

2. Priceing of a bottle vs a cup it was 4 copper or somthing like that for a cup.... that dose not work to well if u have a large cup (maybe get some sort of measuring thing)

3. cannot thing of anything as of now if i think of somthing i will edit this

4. Sorry if i mispell names

Talon and his group arrieved at the warehouse by the docks.... scarlet started fumbleing through his stuff for a light nazrat found a smaller one to help him out. a few moments later nazrat had picked the lock and Talon was ready to enter the building. a few steps in he thought oh crap homegaurd..... there was no mention of that i will need to be careful... they were sound asleep though... good. "those are homegaurd." (i think scarlet) "talon what are we doing this better not be illegal." (Billen i think) both nazrat and arlane wee quiet nazrat went around and checked the gaurds... they were defanitly out. after some searching around we fount what we were looking for.... Talon made sure scarlet was to take it to Xamot and/or Hamish. Talon then headed to the back room.

1. Way too many!
- Being asked to read aloud the book that my character had authored, having a rapt audience, Shauna's Snailkin's reactions were especially hilarious!
- Hitting on everyone and everything... And successfully seducing seven different people! Thanks for being good sports about my character's forwardness, everyone! The numerous funny rejections were just as fun as the successes!
- Asking the Dark Elf noble "Why are you black?" and having someone respond with the traditional Mean Girls line as a response... Classic. I had to do it.
- Getting invited to go on several different Mods even though I was new, it made me (and my PC) feel so welcome, I made so many in-game friends and I love it!
- Wild Hunter mods! So awesome! Such a great idea! I went on both and had a blast each time!
- Just playing my character, getting a feel for her, a MWE very ignorant of the world, learning and reacting to all sorts of things, it was so much fun.
- In-depth conversations with people in the Tavern!

2. Nothing, it was perfect, you're all perfect!

3. Wild Hunter mods! So great!

Aisling didn't like the sewers. They were dark, and cramped, and smelly, and nasty, and she was pretty sure she'd just stepped in something gross and was going to have to burn everything she was wearing as soon as they got out; not to mention the fact that her chances of meeting an attractive person down here were next to none. This was the second time she'd entered the sewers tonight, and she sincerely hoped that it would be the last time, ever. She had better things to do with her life than muck about in sewers- better people to "do" in her life. You wanted an adventure, she thought miserably to herself, here's your adventure.

At least the company wasn't bad. Talon, heading the group, was a nice enough fellow- strong but shy, in an adorable sort of way. As soon as they got out of here and she got clean, she was going to have to invite him back up to her room for some fun. She'd already made fast friends with Siegart and Zu, even if the other Tari Nor kept calling her a child (and she wasn't a child, she was eighteen, she was out in the world all by herself and everything, she didn't see why he thought she was too young to sleep with, it wasn't fair). Nazrat, who was one of them kin-people, she hadn't talked to him much but she was sure they would be friends; and finally some elf lady who appeared to have excellent tracking skills, following signs that were invisible to Aisling's eyes.

The tunnel widened and they reached a more open area of the sewers, Nazrat immediately getting to work sniffing with his long nose, the elf lady crouching low to the ground, examining tracks in the muck, Siegart examining debris with his nose firmly plugged. Aisling trailed inquisitively after Zu and Siegart, who seemed to be glued at the hip, her cloak held over her nose in a useless attempt at blocking out the foul scent emanating from all around them. A crocodile. They were looking for a crocodile. Aisling had never seen a crocodile before. From what she understood, they had lots of teeth and sometimes people kept them as pets. Were they like dogs, then? The little Tari Nor loved dogs, many people in her little Grove had owned them, including her own family, so she had been surrounded by them growing up. Perhaps crocodiles would come when they were called, just like dogs? There was only one way to find out.

"Heeeeere, Mister Crocodile!" She called out. "COME BOY! COOOOOOME BOY!" Her voice echoed in the chamber. Aisling began making kissing noises, calling to the croc in the same manner as she would a horse, or a dog. Soon, the elf lady and the rat kin-people called them over. Apparently they'd found the Crocodile's lair, and signs that he'd gone out hunting. Well, the only thing to do was to wait for him to come back. And continue calling him, of course. "C'mere! C'mon! COOOOOOME BOY!" Aisling heard whuffing noises from behind her. She slowly turned around, spying the largest ******* animal she'd ever seen in her entire life. This crocodile was at least the size of a horse, if not bigger. He was kind of cute, despite the gaping maw filled with razor sharp teeth. She said so aloud. Then, the crocodile charged, crossing the distance impossibly quick, slamming into Talon with a force strong enough to send him reeling, snapping his powerful jaws down on the man's sword, which, remarkably, held.

"IT'S FAST IT'S ******* FAST IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT FAST" The underground chamber filled with the sound of the youngster's shrieks as she scattered off to the side, forgetting her composure and scrambling in the muck, blindly trying to escape the beast's mighty bite. She eventually remembered herself and her job. Keep people alive, I have to keep people alive, Aisling thought grimly, turning to face the battle, though still keeping well out of the way. She knew her place as a healer was in the back. Moving to stand beside Zu, who was chucking blasts of elemental magic at the thing from well in the back, and Siegart, who was viewing the whole situation and strangely chuckling (was he mad?), the woman gripped her staff in trembling hands, mentally racing through her list of prepared spells, wondering what she could do, how she could help. Fortunately, no one seemed to need healing- yet. Everyone was still up and fighting. Would a Confine work? She had to try.

Darting in, Aisling chanted the words to the spell, hurling a blast of green magic at the creature. He stopped in his tracks, seeming confused for a moment- clearly the spell had not worked as it was intended. But it did something, for the mighty Crocodile had stilled and stopped fighting for the moment, seemly concentrating on throwing off the magic's effects. Falling back as the martially inclined of their group moved in with renewed vigour, Aisling held her breath, eyes on the battle, wondering if she'd managed to accomplish anything, wondering what she could still do. "Do you know any curses?" Siegart had moved up beside her, still frighteningly casual. For a wild moment she thought perhaps it was for her benefit, perhaps he saw the terror in her eyes and was trying to help calm her down. "Yes!" She gasped out, head turned slightly towards him, one eye still on the fight. "Perhaps Destruction?" He suggested, kindness in his eyes. She didn't need to be told twice.

Rushing forward, she screeched out "I CURSE YOU WITH DESTRUCTION!" and hurled a bolt of pure green, seeing it strike true. The fight didn't last long after that, the beast soon falling to the weapons of the warriors in their party. After it was all over and the crocodile lay dead on the ground, Aisling felt it safe to approach, crouching beside the body. "It's too bad, he was pretty cute." She commented. The body gave a twitch and a growl, its final death throes. Aisling screamed girlishly, jumping back, moving to the very edges of the lair as the others searched the body and decapitated it, apparently needing the head to turn in for their reward. Well, that was a great adventure.

1) actually a lot, i was not expecting to be going on that much mod.
- favorite mod: elf vs dwarf. It is super fun esprcially when you find out we had bern lied to and hanging out eith the dwarf heir is really cool afterward, giving you time to know the npc.Special shout to Dan, Dana for awesome rp.
- talking with Kumari about the correlation b/w fur loss and bleeding
- pissing off Ruki (personal achievement)
- hanging out with master Isada n Nazrat in the quiet table when my soical battery is low
- doing a fortune reading

2) umm, stuff I did not like is more b/c of low social battery n inexperience as first time PC, as plot n npc team did an amazing job.

3) in big event, the npc actually hang out ewith us after the event.

4) 'well, so far so good, I guess. ' thought tiny tail as she stay webbed while her companion is fighting the group of rat, occasionally yelling out warning as she spot another rat emerge from the sewer. ' only almost dead once, and i guess I am helping by being bait now? ' She winced as one rat bite her several times before going for more interesting prey.

A) The Thane mod, after conferring with Sam out of game where exactly the thane was from and, finding out that we are both from Rocholm immediately joining the Thane in the stare off. Telling Xamot that the Thane was who he said he was when they were questioning him also felt really good.
B) talking to Evo about the coranation invitations that were going around and finding out that they were from the bandit king. After inquiring if he had informed the Thane as such, offering to do so when Evo revealed that he did not.

Being lied to about the nature of the questionable activities that I was unwittingly apart of. (Nothing plot wise just between Talon and myself)

Dwarves! It was neat to see the thane and some of the politics of the holds :)

Walking up to the bar with the Thane of Kalacmor, the barmaid was questioned on the prices of the whiskey that was available. And when the price of the bottle was stated to be a gold I did not hesitate to produce it. The barmaid started to apologize to the Thane but stopped when I said, no, this is for the Thane. We sat and enjoyed (as much as we could the weak stuff the bar had) our drink. I made sure the Thane's mug was full before filling min half way.
It was good to have a small reminder of home after the breach had been destroyed just a month before.
Things might not be so bad going forward.

Getting my fortune read, in character.

This is totally on me, but not being as prepared as I would have liked to been in terms of rules knowledge. I didn't seek out training opportunities - but then again, given my meagre resources, that might have been more frustrating than anything else LOL

For your consideration: have you ever considered just prior to starting the session (and maybe you've already done this) gathering the PCs in one area and getting one of the marshals to read a recap of the event from the month prior and set the scene for that evening's events. It's a throwback to when I was a DM. I always had a a few paragraphs of exposition I would use to set the scene before the session began.

That damn soothsayer had rattled Digs. He hadn't thought much of the fire in the previous days, being focused on staying one step ahead of the Mayor's daughter's brothers. When Digs reached the Gates of Calanhelm, he melted into the throng. He felt the anonymity that provided would be enough. But then the fortune teller had screwed it all up.

"It was really your own damn fault, Diggsie muh boy," he muttered to himself. "You could've just left well enough alone. Nursed a mug in a corner and left well enough alone. But no...."

The first part of the reading had gone well. The soothsayer told Digs not to carry any guilt for the lives lost in the fire, regardless of the fact he had been the spark. His weakness for human women was well-known among the members of Hando's Hoblings, so the fact he had brought ruin down upon them should have surprised no one. But he was filled with dread by the end of the reading.

Apparently, someone - or something - was seeking revenge upon him. As if a hobling of some repute didn't have enough to worry about...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back