Event Schedule????

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
So I noticed South Michigan is here. Does that mean the KZoo is back???!!!!!!! :shock: When is your first scheduled event? Who is on plot team? I want to play so bad!!!!!

Amanda

I was going to wait for an official announcement, but I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

I am running a chapter out of the combined territories of Detroit and Kalamazoo. The camp we will be using at first is in Brighton, and our first event is scheduled for March 28-30.

More details to follow,

Tom Andary
Owner/Logistics
Alliance South Michigan

Wow that was some ice water thrown on good-hearted enthusiasm. Yeah nothing can ever be the same as before, that's the nature of life. Everything changes, but that doesn't mean we are not allowed to hope for the best. May I get you a cup of hot coffee or chai? Anything to brighten your demeanor this morning?

By the way, I cannot wait to play at your game, Tom. I've heard many good things about S. Michigan, and also about you as a player so it should be interesting. :D

Sweet. I can not wait to see what you have in store for us Tom. I look foward to playing with you again. I am so excited, to see what you will come up with. Not to mention seeing you and the crew again will be awesome. Who else is on your plot team?

Amanda

Hey Tom,

By Brighton, do you mean the camp is in Brighton MI? If so, its a couple hours further than the Old sites were for the Chicago Crew but doesn't mean we won't be making the drive.

I'm excited at the prospect of having another neighboring chapter again, and at seeing what Tom and his plot team have up their sleeves for us.

Paul

Thanks everyone :D I really appreciate the support.

Our camp is in Brighton, MI. I know that's a bit further for the Chicagoland folks, but when you find a camp near all the staff that is a nice fit, and reasonably priced, you don't turn it down. :mrgreen:

¡good times! more options always makes things better. it's all about applying the capitalistic model to Alliance

I am drooling with anticipation.

Amanda

Hrm. I may have to make my way up there at some point for old times' sake. It's not like Texas is that much farther than Iowa was, right? :mrgreen:

Will you come and visit us in Illinois?

Amanda

Pokethulu said:
Will you come and visit us in Illinois?

Amanda

Looks like you all have an event in April that I'm going to try and attend. We had several people quit in my group at work, which has made all my on-call weeks up in the air for now. Once that gets solidified, I'll have a better idea of my travel availability.

Yeah, when you visit you will get a big hug. I look foward to seeing you again and playing with you other than at House of 1000 Courpses :D .

Amanda

Sweetness, no matter the drive we will make it, besides not like its farther then some of our other more recent trips, like Seattle... :-D

WooHoo!! An event in lower Michigan!!! If at ALL possible you will have a car full from Traverse City. That's the best news ever. I don't think I know you personally, Tom, but I've only heard good things. Mike Long and I plan to bring a group.

BTY, do we have to take out a membership in your chapter to play? And do you know what the cost for an event will be?
Also any details you can give on the site would be most welcome. Like, mattresses, electricity, running water, showers?
Can you tell I'm excited??

Arlene V
aka Naie a Kassill

Arlene,

If I'm not mistaken, we have met a few times. As for your questions:

Memberships are $10 for the year, and that is just to cover the cost of our insurance.

Events will be no more than $50, but could be lower once we finalize pricing with the camp.

The camp has beds with comfy mattresses for around 25 people already there, and the rooms are spacious enough to accomodate plenty more using sleeping bags and such. We already have plans to build some bunk beds as well.

Electricity, running water, showers and bathrooms are readily available. The site also has a lake and river, with a bridge that goes out to an island.

There will be a tavern running as well, I'm guessing the menu will be pretty basic, but tasty.

I'm very glad to see some of the TC folks will be coming down to visit. :)

Hey Tom/Mitch,

Was this site used for Detroit events a few years back? perhaps for the Jan 2005 event?

Paul

OMG! I'm so fricking excited, called all my friends and went LARP crazy! I WANA SEE THE SITE!!!!!!! Is there a S MI site? like web site.

Tom, what is the address for the site?

Back