Events Calendar

Hey there is one thing that I've been sort of confused about lately. It seems like at least several of the more mid-west and west-coast chapters continue to have events even in the cold seasons but I don't seem to ever see these events on the homepage? I know the east coast mostly shuts down for the winter but is there some reason these winter events don't get posted? Or maybe they are just scheduled less in advance.

Just curious. :)

we usually run a 1 day in winter look for it to be announced soon.

Right now its looking like Jan 4th.

Fearless Leader said:
The only way things get listed on the Alliance web page is if the chapter owners tell me they are having events.

This is because Mike has been asked, on more than one occasion, to refrain from reading people's minds, as it can easily be considered rude to the vast majority of people who are unable or unwilling to accord him the same honor.

:)
ChrisO

Happily updates should be coming soon as Southern MN has sent their first to listings to the big man!

I thought that there are no winter events at HQ in winter because there are still heating and water supply issues to resolve before HQ is winter event ready. There are still lots of things to do to the (relatively) new site. The changes and improvements over the next few seasons will be amazing. Like watching a baby grow up, they grow so fast, but definately need lots of help. Unless you are at least 50% Sasquatch I'm sure it's tough to work there during January and February but I bet Scott will have his big foot out there as soon as he can, to make the 2009 season Yet(i) another great success.

Whytrid Feiht said:
I thought that there are no winter events at HQ in winter because there are still heating and water supply issues to resolve before HQ is winter event ready. There are still lots of things to do to the (relatively) new site. The changes and improvements over the next few seasons will be amazing. Like watching a baby grow up, they grow so fast, but definately need lots of help. Unless you are at least 50% Sasquatch I'm sure it's tough to work there during January and February but I bet Scott will have his big foot out there as soon as he can, to make the 2009 season Yet(i) another great success.

It is freaking COLD up at the site in the winter. And worse than just the cold, the wind rips through those mountains.

HQ also firmly believes in an off season to recharge staffs' batteries.

Scott

And the staff is quite thankful for it :)

Otherwise we might start writing full events around Zombie Chickens....

-Ali

Ironically, this January's Ohio event will be completely Zombie Chicken free. :)

tieran said:
Ironically, this January's Ohio event will be completely Zombie Chicken free. :)

Even more ironically, the first Seattle game, my pc almost rezzed from a chaos chicken.

All my weapons had bounced, I hadn't been able to get my spell tags yet (the line was long), and monsters were already spawning.

D

I find winter isnt sooo bad even here in ohio. You just have to prepare. I have this mountain climbing coat that is all black, that I wear instead of my black hoodie when I NPC. I was wondering how a pc could do it, and I came up with layers of long johns, and underarmor, and If you have one a heavy cloak. I actually sweated last January event in Ohio, because I wore too many layers, gloves ect. You could even rotate who writes the main plot in the warm/cold seasons if writers block becomes an issue.

I enjoy playing all year round. If I'm getting tired I'll just take a few weeks off. But we play all through the school year at my college in MN. -degree battles are sweet. ^_^

When we used to run winter events at heated camps, it was fun... as long as you have someplace warm to rest and sleep.

Give us another 10 years or so at Faire Play and maybe we'll have heated cabins! (Although heating that barn is going to be pretty impossible)

So no National Event this year? It doesn't look like space has been left for it on the schedule at this point.

Agahi said:
I find winter isnt sooo bad even here in ohio. You just have to prepare. I have this mountain climbing coat that is all black, that I wear instead of my black hoodie when I NPC. I was wondering how a pc could do it, and I came up with layers of long johns, and underarmor, and If you have one a heavy cloak. I actually sweated last January event in Ohio, because I wore too many layers, gloves ect. You could even rotate who writes the main plot in the warm/cold seasons if writers block becomes an issue.

Play a bear scavenger. I made a faux fur anorak (complete with little bear ears on the hood) for my secondary that keeps me so warm. With a pair of long underwear under the pants and a sweatshirt or two underneath, it's good for 10 degress. Add another sweathshirt and a pair of thick thermal socks, and a pair of ear muffs, and it's good for 10 below or better.

Cold is no problem, if there's cabin heat. I prefer it to heat, myself, as lugging around all that armor is a lot easier when I'm not sweating half to death as well! :D

Back