Extra Life Marathon

RiddickDale

Knight
New Hampshire Staff
Chief Publicity and Digital Content Officer
Greetings,

Many of you may know that I run a family gaming website called Engaged Family Gaming. We publish news and reviews targeted to parents who are looking to find games for their kids to play.

My website will be running an gaming marathon on November 2, 2013 that will last 25 hours in an effort to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. We're looking at 25 straight hours of console games, online games, and board games. (I'm already more than a little scared.)

But... it isn't as simple as playing games. I announced this effort on Twitter and another website challenged me to a Fundraising Duel. The winner of the duel is obviously the team that raises the most money. The stakes: the loser has to follow up this marathon with a second one. Only instead of 25 hours it has to be 48... and the games played are all to be selected by the winner. (Yikes.)

As a result.... I'm reaching out to every community I am a part of for help. I really don't want to play Superman 64 for 48 hours. But, I also want to raise as much money as I physically can. I know way too many little kids who have gotten very sick to hold myself back.

If you feel motivated to help there are 4 ways you can do it.

1. I am hoping to stream the action on YouTube.... but I need 100 subscribers to do it. Please subscribe to my websites YouTube Channel here.

2. If you have November 2nd free and would like to join my team, then go here!

3. If you would like to donate to the cause, then go HERE!

4. If you are so inclined I would love it if as many people as possible would share these links on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

I really appreciate all of your time. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions/commentaries/suggestions.

Yours,

Stephen

p.s. One chapter has already reached out to me about sponsoring my marathon and rewarding people who donate with gobbies in some way. If you are an owner/gm and would like to do something similar, then let me know so we can work out the logistics.

p.p.s. If you haven't done it yet I would also humbly request that you like the website's Facebook page. :D

Back