Fallout 4 thread

OK, here's a thread for those of us hooked on Fallout 4.

So far I am enjoying it, except for the fact that I am supposed to be looking for my child and instead I am spending all my time building settlements and doing side quests.

I really don't like the VATS system -- I prefer real time combat. So I tend to use a lot more ammunition than those people who use the other system, and to compensate, I play at the "easy" level -- which is not easy when you ignore VATS, believe me.

I still haven't gone much further south than Lexington, and I'm really anxious to see Boston eventually. Wondering if I can find my old neighborhood. :)

h9AA7E0DB

I'm a bit disappointed in a few bits of the game right now. I know that they wanted to go with the story they did, but is is very disappointing to me that they explicitly define so much of your character background to drive that pathos.

Especially the bit where your only option is to be the happy 1950's nuclear family.

The controls are bugging me as well. I know it's a direct console port, but they didn't pay any attention to their keyboard choices, meaning you spend much of your time taking your hands off either the mouse or your primary keys to hit 'enter' to confirm things. The floaty mouse controls and narrow field of view are console relics as well, but can at least be fixed via simple console commands.

I've been having a pretty good time. I am not finding the game all that difficult, but then I'm a pack rat that likes to plan ahead so I usually have a stash of mines/missles/etc. whenever I hit a road block and he build your own weapons bit is fun!

I agree with the "enter" problem. They should have made that one of the mouse buttons or something.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to heal my companion. Advice is appreciated.

I'm just now traveling through Copley Place. Interested to see if my old law school will still be standing. ;)

You can only really heal them when they get knocked down. The rest of the time, they heal up between combats.

You can use E to substitute for the Enter key, except when both E and Enter are discrete command options for the same prompt.

I'm a bit disappointed in a few bits of the game right now. I know that they wanted to go with the story they did, but is is very disappointing to me that they explicitly define so much of your character background to drive that pathos.

Especially the bit where your only option is to be the happy 1950's nuclear family.

The controls are bugging me as well. I know it's a direct console port, but they didn't pay any attention to their keyboard choices, meaning you spend much of your time taking your hands off either the mouse or your primary keys to hit 'enter' to confirm things. The floaty mouse controls and narrow field of view are console relics as well, but can at least be fixed via simple console commands.

U don't have to hit enter, you can click on the Accept=Enter section of the text.

You'll be fine, Mike. The enemies don't really level with you, and the game runs 200+ levels, so you can (eventually) get every perk if you want to take the time.

Up to level 61 here. These spare days off for Thanksgiving have been awesome.

I'm a mere 22. Not enough for all the Gun Nut/Science powers I want.

I NEED MORE WEAPONS.

Also, weirdly carrying a bunch of guns with a mediocre strength kinda hurts your ability to scrounge stuff. Whodathunk?

Beat the game last week around level 69. I haven't explored all over yet, but what is currently in my quest log is all radiant quests.

I need to get more free time to play. :(

Well done Sentinel....unless you made the wrong choice, in that case I'm coming for you Heretic!

AD VICTORIAM, BROTHER

That moment when you hear hammering down the street and you immediately suspect that your Steel brothers are under attack from the foul Super Mutants, or perhaps some of those lowly raiders.

AD VICTORIAM.

Back