Favorite moments and unbelievable war stories! Maelstrom 03/20-22/ 15

We had another crazy addition to the Saga of Maelstrom this weekend.

Please share with us your favorite moments and stories from around the Neverlight.

I'm going to put this here for everybody while I begin writing up all the ones I can think of.

Can't wait to hear all of yours!

-Jason

Most of mine are roleplay rather than battle stories, but great times nevertheless! I'm definitely feeling Maelstrom again after not playing it for a year or so.

-Puking up Tanis in front of the dame of the land... Then being left in a pool of my own blood while he was helped up. T-t-thanks gu-guys...
-Heart to hearts with Zav
-Successfully ducking (with Tanis's help, thank goodness) out of an altercation with Shin that would have ended in fisty cuffs... And still probably will eventually.
-Seeking the crazy goal of understanding death, and succeeding.
-"Aw man, this is just an ordinary resurrection! Aug! I was hoping for something more interesting!" *1 minute later* "Okay, nope, not an ordinary resurrection. Insane times begin now. Nobody will ever believe me about this."
-Greg made Ther cry ;;;_;;;
-The horrified look on Tanis's face when Ther announced that her mission was successful
-"Are you saying there is nothing that you would die for?" is the ultimate defensive argument.
-Staying up until 4 in the morning talking to Kjeld and Cal about ordinary things, because it's easy to forget ordinary things.
-Ther struggling to make a real friend for the first time ever (don't screw this up Ther! You're not allowed to get any sadder than before!)
-Feeling pretty good the next morning... Until Ashlin resurrected a small child who started screaming at the 'spider monster'
-Cooksey made Ther cry ;;;_;;;
-Cal running into the tent going 'oogaboogabooga!' and scaring the heck out of the small child. I don't know if it was to make Ther feel better specifically, but if it was it totally worked.

Oh, and I really really appreciated the spider NPCs who would stop fighting to roleplay doing dominance dances and displays with me. They could have just kept attacking, but it was really cool.

Hey All! Had a fantastic time playing with all of you. It's always a totally new experience to play in an intimate game setting.
While most of this game is an anger blurred haze, I do remember some of the best moments!

- Set up at game was mind blowingly awesome! I was really impressed by all the details put into the camp, the Great Hall, The Rooms - Celestial, Earth and the Encampment. Everything!
- Conversations with Maerize and Diveraina. Priceless.
- Maerize's look of disbelief at morning plans
- Tevis. Tevissssssssss Your plans. Mind. Blown. Well played and well put together sir.
- Having Tanis down for a game was awesome. Switching persona and places and clothing was all kinds of awesome and unexpected.
- Late night metaphysics conversations with Hazel. With a whole plan of training... all for naught!
- Time Bugs. Wait. What?! What happened?
- Greasing up, with Lamp Oil... This could never go poorly.
- Calderon getting undressed to be drenched in Lamp Oil.
- Scene with Umbra and well... Shin getting everything he asked for. Heh...
- Ragggeeeeee!1111!
- Dragon Rage Shin conversations. Woah. Guy... The hell
- Just dropping the filters for Shin as he goes through all the mental effects of that deep end insanity.
- Fighting all the people
- All the talk of what to do with Shin. Especially from Tevis. 'I don't think we're going to be able to simply 'fix this'. You see he doesn't get angry. He's Always angry. That's his secret'
- All the Shin Memes. Shin Missile.
- Soloing the player base for several hours. CLOSE THE DOOR!
- Getting murdered by Death. Whops.
- Some late night tears and bitter angst.
And now: For the Memes.
11009161_10103781383823337_1291396106409941601_n.jpg 11081364_10103781395949037_4242814998147633574_n.jpg 10561772_10103781383798387_7515893587647916985_n.jpg 19105_10103781383808367_4952409447234516435_n.jpg

See you all Next Game!

Back