Favorite Moments - January 2018 Weekend Event

Kasuni

Squire
Hey Everyone!

Thank you for another great weekend at the Stradyn campaign Season 1, Episode 4!

This thread is for you to share with us some of your favorite moments! What are your favorite moments with other players? Tell us your stories! What did you like? What did you love? What do you want to do more of?

Tell us what makes your event rockin', and we'll keep trying to churn out that sort of content!

The official feedback form will be posted shortly. And as always, if you would like to deliver feedback to myself (General Manager/Owner/Plot Member), Tony Mungo (Plot/Player Rep), or Lauren Hagen (Player Rep) you may reach out to us directly.

Thank you!

Emily Mungo

Here are some of mine!

- Tantarus on a field trip with Tiffany

- 2a Saturday night mod. "I'm gonna smash his wife!!"

- Certain secluded conversations (you all know who you are!)

- The ritual with Brayden, Demona, and Shelby was intense with all the fighting around us!

- Watching the steady progress on the puzzle every time I came into the tavern

- Some great conversations out as Lord Longshadow and Paragon Myra. Y'all ask great questions!!

Way more - just a great weekend! Staff was going to hard, and the NPCs were amazing. Thank you all for being a part of this community!

This list will be added to as time goes on, but I didn't want to wait like I did last event and end up not posting at all... so for round one of my favourite moments this event, in no particular order:

- Everything involving the off-brand blink dogs!
Thank you to the cabin full of new players that was so cool with myself and a couple other NPCs rolling in on them as they're were starting to settle in on Saturday night, haha. I had a lot of fun (ineffectively) stealing your stuff.

- Scientifically Minded Converstaions
Talking with Polair (not sure of the spelling, sorry) as the xenobotanist was probably my second favourite part of the whole weekend (after the not!blink-dogs). It was hilarious and wonderful talking about rooting around in dryads' foliage and the stamina of the undead. She has a new favourite adventurer.

- Eviserate Bunny
@Rollin/Tal-Haroth: You know that PTD was active. It's amazing you didn't go through the circle twice this weekend.

- Building Golems with Jason and Matt
You guys are awesome! I'm sorry only one of you got to run your golem this weekend.

- Golem vs the Silver Wolves
I don't think I've ever given you guys a good workout on an LC before and I was so proud of us! Double shout out to my awesome NPCs.

- Puzzle Owl LCs (in three parts)
1) The Ravens and the reassemble-the-goblin's-face "puzzle", and the RP of getting them to take their damn golem back. He overstayed his welcome four weeks ago...
2) The group that tried everything but doing the puzzle the way it was intended to be done. Your efforts were commendable. If you didn't have the bunny-kin with you you might still be stuck there...
3) "Cheating" on the run with David Smith the goblin! I have to say I think we have an awesome crop of low-level PCs right now.

- Necro-Dryad
Spent twenty minutes memorizing a nine coloumn of spells. Got off two before the bounty hunters took me down. Well done.

- Saturday Night Fight
Playing my struggle-caster was a lot of fun, and very outside of my comfort zone! Thank you patient and hilarious PCs!

- Trap Troubles
Poor new player going on his first trap mod. Without help. Which was about a seven-out-of-ten-chainsaw difficulty. I'm sorry! But every rogue has to have their first trap disarming session go badly, I think.

- Lastly, for part one, all the **** my PCs friends got into
When she hears about it, there will be lots of yelling. I really wish I had been there, but I was having too much fun NPCing.
1) "So... Drax was just here asking if the bounty hunter's guild has the authority to search people's things... cause people are searching his cabin mates stuff..."
"... GODS DAMN IT TAL."
2) "So... Tal-Haroth is going to get executed..."
"HFJFLKTBSNSKJFHDBSNNSBFNRJSKJJSS."
3) Me, as undead, chasing Firrion off into the dark my himself, thinking "GFDI DUDE."
4) "So, is Luke double hooking? We're looking for Bjorn."
"YOU LOST BJORN?"

And you all know Gij is going to rat you out.
Lynn was blessedly low stress inducing this event. I suspect this has more to do with the fact that I just haven't heard about it yet...

Already thought of a part two! Totally an out of game one, but it was hilarious being yelled at to go to bed on Saturday night by the same group of people who routinely call me "mom" because I'm usually the one nagging at them. Guess I should be prepared to get what I give, haha.

I had a great event, here's some of my faves:

-Quote from Rollin: "First of all, I disagree with your definition of cannibalism..."

-Having private conversations with PCs as one of The Werewolf Boyz: "Is he just nodding? Does he understand? Does nodding count? I think he gets it."

-Getting stuck on the far side of the road as a greater undead after the Haven ritual completed. Brent saying "This is the story of an undead, stuck deep behind enemy lines." Deciding to make a run for it and hearing Brent behind me trying to convince other PCs to come catch me.
-Later on the same scene, hiding in the woods and watching Brent pass within twenty feet of me, get tired of chasing me and turn around back towards town.

-Playing Ultus ambassadors with Michael, being snooty as we wanna be. "I can see from your newsletter that you're very good at... killing rats..."

-Getting our first net-new Aspirant to the peerage in Stradyn. Good luck, Aspirant Kevar!

-Tantarus getting bit. https://i.imgur.com/gMfsOWY.gifv

-The crime scene on Sunday morning. Luke idly cleaning up the crime scene before it can be examined. I don't blame you, it was messy.

-Walking into the tavern on Saturday night as the Prince of Swine. Having everyone get real quiet and look at me until I asked if you were still serving floats. Once I was a paying customer everything got more relaxed.

SO I HAD ONE MOMENT IN PARTICULAR THAT I LOVED IMMENSELY

-WE HAD JUST GOT BACK TO OUR CABIN FROM THE SATURDAY NIGHT FIGHT WITH OUR ENTIRE GROUP AND HAD JUST STARTED TO REMOVE OUR GEAR, WHEN WE GOT A KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND WE HAD THREE NPC'S COME IN TO OUR CABIN IN A HOLD AND WHEN THEY ASKED "IF THERE WAS ANY REASON FOR THE HOLD TO CONTINUE", ALUSO SAID "YES.... BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!"

Also:

• Watching the green and yellow sections of the battle run like clockwork
  • Second-ever PC resurrection going well, and first failed (NPC) resurrection. Deciding how I felt about failing resurrections
  • All of the ritual magic Saturday afternoon, from facilitating (and super grudgingly not participating in) the Haven ritual to commissioning an item (and managing a tense situations happening outside the circle), to looting the Earth Circle to perform back-to-back Resist DMs before the sun went down (critical success--the porch light mysteriously fixed itself halfway through? Apparently it was working)
  • Polite-deadpan defensive snapping at the Ultan ambassadors
  • Four-stone-elf tavern! Two of us women!! Unheard-of!!!
  • Teaching Tyson the sixth circle of Earth magic with a few stumbling blocks ("I never use this spell, it's largely useless... How do I incant it again?") and perhaps unusual levels of thoroughness
  • The Farmer Dave's Wife shot, and trying to keep Kavar and Boganzi away from the remainder of the bottle
  • Stupid O'Clock puzzle-watching. A very painful conversation
  • Sprig rage (sleep and heal buddy)
  • Mortimer. Voles. For-profit graveyard. A moment or two where I considered walking off the mod and leaving the two travelers from the East and Jeremiah to die... But also being gently caressed by spiders who couldn't break my PA was hilarious
  • Tangible rewards for doing objectively good things!!

-ENEMIES STEALING AND USING ZETH'S SHIELD.
-SPEAKING OF SHIELDS, HAVING A SHIELD MEANS YOU APPARENTLY ARE A FRONT-LINE FIGHTER IN SCHOLARLAND.
- All the roleplay with Cora/Cecily coming to the wonderful realization that life can be traumatically unfair and that laws are, in fact, very, very stupid.
- Discussing how bad Earth incantations can be.
- Surviving the murderfight in the Swamp just barely, and probably only because I cleared that log with a running jump. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done that, but adrenaline was kinda behind the wheel.
- Teaching people how to properly use Healing Arts after the Earth Guild meeting. It might save a life.
- Shady Order Elementals?! What's up with this?! I was on your side, guys!
- The Tantarus Maneuver. It literally saved the day.

Last edited:
I had a great time this event! A few specifics:

- The rain largely held off while we were out doing things. Hooray for not-as-bad-as-expected weather!
- Running mods as the Silver Wolves team is always fun. The Stone Construct fight had us on our toes, and it's not often that a clutch Magic Storm is intimidating enough to give some space to regroup.
- Speaking of the Silver Wolves, it was great to have Taiya back, even if just for an event!
- I greatly enjoyed chatting with Tony's were-dude during Friday evening "negotiations". Surprisingly easygoing! Polare needs to talk more with him now!
- Running out of Wand charges by the time Saturday logistics rolled around. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it means there's been a lot going on!
- Polare's conversation with the Botanist was somewhat of a return to old form. An excellent Saturday evening interlude.
- Got the chance to sit down with a few of the newer and/or traveling adventurers here and there and chat for a few minutes. It's great getting to know people a little more!

Thanks, as always, to our hardworking plot and NPCs!

-Bryan (Polare)

Overall a great event for me!

• Right at game on I was flung into a unexpectedly lovely situation and then was kept so busy that I don't think I spent more than 10 mins in the tavern until like 1 am.
  • Getting captured by the werewolves, having a nice talk with them, and then trying to explain that they aren't that bad of people to everyone after they released me and I came back to town.
  • Seeing Tal get just as unreasonably screwed by the law as I did in Oregon.
  • Getting to spend a lot of time with the Raven Clan and doing a lot of bounty hunting.
  • Earth guild mod of going to empower rituals!
  • I got to talk with a good number of plot NPCs and develop relations with them which usually doesn't happen so directly.
  • Performing one of my first "real" rituals of an AA+Preserve and having everything work just fine.
  • This game I found out so much information by talking with everyone and getting pieces here and there that led to some excellent conversation with a certain someone. Can't wait to continue this. ;)
I'm sure there is stuff I'm forgetting but thats what I got for now! See yall next time!

-The sound that a vicious tiger makes when it can’t stop laughing.

-I had a lot of fun playing the clerk at the garrison throughout the weekend and getting to say things like “HOW are you already back here?!” and “Wait, did he say litter or letter?” –Everyone else: “LETTER!”

-Learning that the Knight Aspirant Kevar had read every word of the laws of Stradyn to one of the heros who couldn’t read - something that no one had ever done for him before - warmed my icy heart.

-I loved running the sting operation! Watching Gidjit walk calmly past a skeleton and into the certain peril of a necromancer’s lair, disguised only with a giant cloak and a few flowers was unforgettable. Badass. Of. The. Week.

-Getting to see a River Elf for the first time!

-Experiencing and then watching the dawning horror that resulted from the combination of a sympathetic criminal and her shockingly violent punishment. I could not have written a better tragedy if I had actually intended to.

-Last and not least, coming in on Sunday morning to hook a mod and ending up holding hands and shedding real tears with Demona over our shared losses. I didn’t even know that I had needed a good cry but it sure felt good to get that fabricated devastation off my chest.

I’m sure there are a few that I’m forgetting but you guys I had a truly wonderful game. I am so sore and tired and PUMPED for the next event already.

Last edited:
My first LARP ever and it was so much fun!
Favorite moments for me:

-When we were attacked in the cabin on Saturday night, it was so sudden and unexpected and I LOVED it so much.
-Aluso getting intoxicated was hilarious. Amazing RP.
-What will forever be remebered as “The Boob Joke”.
-Getting to meet David Smith. Such a funny charater and fantastic RP.

I want to thank everyone for being so patient and helpful, everyone was so nice!
Big thanks to the House of the Rising Star for letting me accompany them on all sorts of adventures and teaching me the ropes.

That was a very fun weekend, my legs have not forgiven me. I know there were more great moments, but this is what I can remember right now and in no particular order:

-Finding out what a Tiger sounds like when it laughs.

-The entire sting operation, I have never been sniffed by a zombie before and don't want to repeat the experience. Being an orc pretending to be a dryad expecting to get jumped by a necromancer any moment when I could only see a small section of ground just in front of my feet was actually terrifying. Good job.

-Tal getting arrested, wishing I could take notes so I don't forget when Isodel asks.

-Watching as Bjorn declaring himself done and becoming more and more frustrated until he finally walked off.

-Off brand Blink Dogs, hilarious and the most frustrating thing.

-Polair teaching Gidjit how to do formal magic so that Ka'var could learn how to teach. Rituals make so much more sense now, in and out of character.

-Spotting a Knoll take a sleeping Ka'var away from all the other pcs, take his things, and then convincing Aelfric that we should save him.

Thank you all who rpd with the stompy orc, I actually got some really good quiet moments.

NPC who has come into our cabin with three other OOG-banded NPCS, after everyone has taken their places- "Is there any reason for this hold to continue?"
OOC Aluso- "YES."
Everyone pauses
OOC Aluso- "I *don't* want this to happen!"

Back