Favorite Moments - June 2018 Weekend Event

Kasuni

Squire
Hey Everyone!

Thank you for another great weekend at the Stradyn campaign Season 1, Episode 7 - the Season 1 Closer!

This thread is for you to share with us some of your favorite moments! What are your favorite moments with other players? Tell us your stories! What did you like? What did you love? What do you want to do more of?

Tell us what makes your event rockin', and we'll keep trying to churn out that sort of content!

The official feedback form will be posted shortly. And as always, if you would like to deliver feedback to myself (General Manager/Owner), Tony Mungo (Plot/Player Rep), or Lauren Hagen (Player Rep) you may reach out to us directly.

Thank you!

Emily

This was an amazing event, and I had a couple of amazing moments

First of all, I had an amazing time trying to find a way to acquire Tiffany’s tabard to help out David Smith was fun if fruitless in the end.

Second, (while searching the mid-day battlefield for Hargrothian sashes after night fell) it was amazing to have an intense RP with the vampire Squire Rufio, and trying to not reveal too much information to him but enough to appease his.

Third would have had to be having Squire Rufio wandering the fringe of the lowbie side of the field and making sure that none of our people got charmed or dominated. So glad we got some others more equipped to handle him to come over and help with him, or there may have been some people who could have been taken away.

Well lets see there was some really nice moments I was able to experience that was provided by Epic NPC players.

Having some Salonari come seeking help in providing goods for them to start up their own market to sell and resell so they can uplift their family. And realizing that they had some pretty coins that would have likely been given to me that were golden. And me trying to provide them with stock that was only a silver or two at a time to avoid the gold (my way of stalling them until someone else was able to get Polair) . Then they noticed and called me out asking if I could provide more that has a higher value. And once they produced a coin trying to pass it off as value. I then tried to get Sir Tantarus to come "help" deal with the possible issue. He was likely too tired for my hints in trying to get him to arrest the up start merchant. All in all the whole thing was fun. I ended up with an experience that I wont forget. Also getting pointed out when I said "jipped" as being the wrong thing to say. And with me out of game not realizing what I said until it was all done and then thinking... well I sounded like an *** because I ignored everyone and kept on talking lol. Oh and even better when I got them to come back so I can give them either the real gold back or the items they wished to resell in order to start their business (More time for Polair to get into position).

Having a conversation with a Bunny Kin and selling her a carrot colored float was fun. Also since it was Canada playing the bunny kin and having her talk about the botanist and how she "helped" someone and had the plants growing crawling out of the ground. It was funny and makes me want to get in touch with the botanist again.

Being a part of a ritual to destroy a "really freaking strong and scary" sword without even being in the circle to help with it. As having a dragon interfere with it as much as he can without directly manipulating the ritual. Had us scrambling for light spells and dice and rules books and timers to make sure nothing goes bad with it. And then realizing that our high orc friend was outside naked without a weapon because the circle being used blocked the door. Really fun times for all!

Oh and the Butcher making me crap myself as they dissipated thinking they were rebirthing..... *Bond is evil.... But awesome!*

Constantly trying to make sure information is spread high and low about the things that happened and are happening. That way someone who knows something feels like they can tell Xavic so he can get the word spread. As it makes people feel included in what is going on instead of feeling like they are not important enough to know. And also in the process of getting the latest information on the goings on since I was traveling and researching about skills I needed to improve.

Being put in a panic after having a paragon tell me they will send me to any place whether it was to another plane or realm it didn't matter. And all to gather the needed items to cure the lycanthropy plaguing our land. And then personally realizing this is going to possibly send me to places I am going to get killed in as the needed items will likely need my skill set to gather. No more sending all the other people to risk their lives in order to gather what I need to fix things (I possibly need to fix that).

Having a heart to heart with someone and realizing that what I empowered them to do could be considered both evil and also genius. And not even caring in the slightest if it was the right thing to do. As it made me proud I realized I have bonds that could make it happen.

Managing the shop and selling and buying goods and floats with a non-stop need for our skills as merchants made things fly by fast.

Doing dishes in the kitchen and realizing it was around the same time of night when I first learned the skills about adventuring from Solomon made me all teary eyed missing that crazy hobbling. Heck that was also the time he showed me how to make Polair less of an *** to me and more of a close admired friend. Man it took years but his plan worked :)

1. Getting all the new players through and approved for a relatively painless Logistics experience was really great. Much thanks to @Denise and the others who helped out with Logistics, because it definitely improved the check-in experience. Also, having Jason in there meant that I was free to run the New Player Intro at 8:30. I think I'm going to make the into a standard thing to start around 8 or 8:30. That worked out pretty well.

2. The boulder protection mod with the Silver Wolves on Saturday. The first few waves, "Hey, we're feeling some pressure here, but we're okay. No problem," to "Eh, this is getting a bit harder, but we're okay. Gotta make sure we're fixing that armor, though," to "Hey...hey guards? When's those reinforcements coming again?" to <Slay/Evis combo dropping Zeth and last view before lights out as Tantarus also dropping at the same time> "Oh...oh #!$%, this is real now."

3. Private conversation with Tyson.

4. Memorizing for Undead Hunter Mode and getting to feel really effective in an offensive sense. Right up until that Turn Undead on a Banshee wore off in the middle of fighting it. It's like an alarm clock, but instead of BEEP BEEP BEEP you get "Spellstrike Death! Spellstrike Death! Spellstrike Death! Spellstrike Death! Spellstrike Death! Spellstrike Death!" right into the shield...

5. Polare and Zeth's "conversation" with a vampire. That dude rolled up on the wrong pair of spellcasters.

It was great to be back and excellent to see all the new and familiar faces.

1. Casting the first formal rituals AND my first batch of rituals.
The look of slight panic and terror on people's faces OOG when shortly after the "Begin Ritual Casting" and the "Hold!" when I informed them OOG that it would be my first ritual. Everyone were great about it and helped me through some of the more challenging aspects. Also Evan's support and goodwill while Josh was having a rough time trying to stay calm during my batch but Zeth's constant "I hope you blow up you human scum." was a duality that left me a little dizzy.​

2. Running with a real crew for the first time.
I have long since played as a tag-along and was unable to find a groove with an particular group. But having a few people to know I could count on and were motivated towards a group interest even after the mod was finished was really refreshing.​

3. Bartering with the Bunny and the Twilight Owl.
Approaching the mods and interactions from the side and seeing how Canada rolled with it was really enjoyable.​

4. The Butcher, that guy was real intimidating.
I appreciate Bond not being upset at my accidental leap into him as I tried to shank him with my dagger but also his mild surprise and annoyance at the Magic Eviscerates and Magic 210 Slays the tiny scholar threw into his back. Not gonna lie it has me thinking of playing a rouge concept to do those sneak attacks.​

5. The Arcane Death from Stephen.
The first one I cloaked and decided that was enough for me. Then the heat of the battle kicked up and I forgot about them only to take one to the chest. No big deal...someone hit be with a life and I started to retreat up the hill towards the tavern only to get hit from nearly 80ft away in the jaw with another "Arcane Death." All I could think was, "That was one hell of a shot, so I crumpled to the ground and figured another life MIGHT be on its way but this might be my Rez. NOPE! Here comes Bond with a "Create Skeletal Undead" into my back followed by "Kill your Friends!." I jumped up and started swinging, much to the surprise of poor Eldor who if not for his armor likely would have been in a bad place as I pumped about a half-dozen 7's into him right before I was dropped again...."good times?"​

6. The Ant Hill
The Sunday morning random mod was amazing! The prompt was interesting and the slight variation on mechanics meant that it was part puzzle. It seemed like everyone had a great time and it was both absurd and engaging. 11/10 would do something like that again!​

I am sure there are many more but I wanted to thank everyone that went out of their way to engage and welcome me back and were supportive of the new players that came along as well. I look forward to seeing everyone again in not too long.

Was fun event.

1)Finally getting to kill Tiffany in payback for her turning me into a werewolf. Chasing her down into the dark of the woods twice hoping people where with me. Adrenaline was pumping.

2) Getting chased down by Tony death rogue having to spam myself with cure morts and use a parry to make it back to our line with 2 hp left. Only to get dropped by but the same rogue minutes later from terminates.

3)Modding with the Silver Wolves as normal, was great to see Alavatar around. Telling NPCs our APL but the pointing out that we have 250 or so levels of formal so 75o of that build is not super combat useful.

4)Afternoon saturday battle was epic, loved the butcher outfit and Cleave was a super cool combat mechanic.

5)Running out of defenses in the super late saturday fight and getting bounced off the ground by deaths and such for the last 30 mins of it. I was worried I would get dragged off, by pcs as much as npcs.

6)The Butcher powering up DMs against my shield repeatedly. I get a bit scared when DMs fly my way. Just everything the Butcher was great and fun. Nice work by plot on that.

Fun event, Late nights for this old man though.

I also would like to add that the Butcher was freaking amazing to fight. Omg

Back