Favorites from the new packet!

Muir

Fighter
I have one that really stands out on a first read: Love and Love #9 are both gone. :D

Mend Armor Storm is intriguing as well, seems like an interesting backpacking tool for fights against critters with carriers.

Last edited:
I saw that one - definitely a good change!

Personally, the change from bind to shackle is one I'm going to feel good about. Lovely, evocative word that does not require changing anything else around it. Well done!

I've got more digging to do, but I don't want to memorize anything new since Denver's next event is still in .11!

I'm a big fan of the +body from resists, since I run a toon that has 20 already....whew!

I'm a big fan of the +body from resists, since I run a toon that has 20 already....whew!

Yeah, with that and the armor changes, I expect Durl is going to be a tank.

....I think I want to put some build into high magic now. I never really looked into it before, but it seems super handy. As a level 20/21 adept, I think it would be nice just for the Celestial Armor. Thinking 5 ranks for that (or on days that need it, channel foundation element), and 1 as a 'just in case'. I can't wait for the character builder to get updated so I can play around with this.

I like the drops in cost for Purifying Strike and High Magic. I’m not a gigantic fan of the Combined Strike/MagFound Strike/Empowered/Enhanced Strike skills, but that’s just a playstyle thing.

It sounds simple, and I probably won't be able to get it for years as an earth spellsword, but I love the new Celestial Armor.

Love being gone is really great. Really really good. Really really really good.

Earth Spellswords being able to heal with their weapons is really great. You risk someone intercepting or parrying it. But, not having to put your weapon down is huge.

Solidify is a super neat spell for it's level.

Celestial Magic is pretty decent now given the signature meditation rules, and with some of the high magic augments.

Celestial Armor is very good. As is protective reflex.

Shackle is a great change for the spell name. Number one incant complaint we got was the bind incant.

Some of the channeling stuff is super neat. Although I don't think it's super good. I really like the flavor of being able to add your channeling damage to a swing.

Surprising Strike wasn't really with it. Piercing Blow totally is. Great compliment to a slay fighter. Great to see a bit of love for short sword fighters.

I'm pretty big fan of the high magic formal change. At 2 xp per, High Magic is so versatile.

The changes to resists I'm a huge fan of. +1 body is a neat perk. And being able to heal 25 per resist (with a magic item) makes folks with 5-10 resist have a lot of options.

Last edited:
The changes to resists I'm a huge fan of. +1 body is a neat perk. And being able to heal 25 per resist (with a magic item) makes folks with 5-10 resist have a lot of options.

Makes me wish Durl walked around with more than three coppers and a neat looking rock he picked up.

Earth Spellswords can heal with their weapon? Where does it say that? I must gaha nissee it

Earth Spellswords can heal with their weapon? Where does it say that? I must gaha nissee it
Page 54
A2.32 Combined Strike

Combined Strike now uses the Spell qualifier instead of Weapon.

You can be healed via the spell qualifier.

I'm also super happy with that. I'd previously been planning on skipping Combine Strike, and that change has moved it to "must have".

I think it was fine before for Celestial. But, now with the spell qualifier. I think it's good for both. I think there's a real compelling choice between being able to meditate a thrown spell back and being able to quickly fire off a spell with your weapon.

Between Powerful Meditation, Empowered Strike, Magis/Foundation Strike, and Combined Strike, there’s a reasonable capability to build a Spellsword who literally just channels magic all day, rarely needing to actually use packets. With the pre-req changes for High Magic, Spellswords could focus on a pyramid to 7th or 8th, go directly into High Magic, and have a lot of lower level, but still effective, spells to use in a fight.

It’s an attractive option, to be honest.

Combined Strike is super hot now. Celestial templars are going to be nasty to fight. Also Nerco Templars... Hrm Maybe I will go rogue...

“Lulz I silenced you. Whatcha got now?....plz stop hitting me with spells...”

Spellswords could focus on a pyramid to 7th or 8th, go directly into High Magic, and have a lot of lower level, but still effective, spells to use in a fight
This is how I built my Earth adept when I was playing with a United Blow build. Only one 9th for my Rebirth (which wouldn't be required now in .12) and then I just built out a fat-bottomed pyramid for lots of 20, 30 and 40 Body attacks. It was super fun.

Last edited:
I'm honestly just looking forward to having a pool. Higher Manifestation is a must-have for Nikolai, because sword and packet is fuuuun.

Back