Favorites?

Hey guys,

I know I was there for only a little while, but still, I had a blast. The pantherghast/dark elf mod, as well as the incredible RP at the cabin made the whirlwind 25 hours totally worth it. The circle battle for the Red Bull and "music" lessons from Maxwell were awesome as well. What about you guys? What stood out for you?

Rob Sachs

Hardly a battle....:) Thanks for not rezzing me Redd.

My favorites of the event in no order:

Conversations with Idris on the nature of magic and formal
Battle at Redd Bull Cicrle(I'm trademarking that one :D)
The tracking mod where the trackers actually got down to the ground and were looking for tracks, overcomming counter tracking, etc and leading into...
Owning a Panthegast or two with Naie.
Dial 911 for Hobling Water Mod.

Overall this was, although for me, a shorter event, and I wasnt included in everything I had a blast this weekend and wanted to blame the rain for any shortcommings of the weekend. I saw plot and NPCs working hard all weekend and saw PCs ingame talking about lots of interesting topics. As always thanks for providing us a good time.

Paul

Absolutely 100% the Grandfather Spider fight.

This was the first time in a long time that the "town" came together as one cohesive unit to overcome an enemy. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in that fight brought their "A" game. I feared that if everyone didnt bring their "A" game that lives would have been lost. It was a spectacular fight!!!

Other Favorites:

The sleep deprived converstations with Shenanigans and Durk's constant forgetting of every conversation he has ever had ever.
Trying to let Havok become the Broken Bone Champion Orc only to realize that it was an imposible fight, SORRY MIKE!!! I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU WIDOWMAKER!!!!
The HoG
The soon-to-be Quicksilver Soldier Twins
Seeing the Human Brothers in action after such a long time
The Hoblings
Naomi and Yuki
Life and Death working together for a common goal
Panthergasts vs. the non-magic-swinging Sarr
The Female Barbarian kicking some serious a$$

There is soo much more but Im taking too much time to do this at work. SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH!!!

John

Edited cause it sounds better this way

There were way too many awesome things that happened for me to really pick favorite moments. The Grandfather spider mod was GREAT! All of the dark elf killing was SUPER! The orc things I participated in were SPECTACULAR! Shinaneganes was CRAZY! The HOG ROCKZ! Everyone else was SWEET! (Except the human brothers and Durk, those guys suck)! The mix of new and old players was DYNAMIC! Everything was SUPERB! This event ranks up in my short list of best events EVER. :p

Thank you so much Josh, Matt, Tom, Blake, and all of the NPC's. You guys were unstoppable, even in the rain. I appreciate everyones hard work and dedication to the SoMi game! It is the best game I have ever had the opportunity to be apart of!

Alison

thank you everyone for an outstanding event. both pc and npc. i would like to ditto the staff high fives as well.

favorits:
hats
malice +
babies
circles, redbull,disarms,sleeps
darkelf mod
burning ring of fire
grandfather mod
regenerate/terminate
golems (i had alot of lightning left)
golem mod

i actualy enjoyed myself alot. i came into game got swept away to go after cobbler. blurrrrrrrrrrr. sunday breakfast. now thats a good event.

my favorites

The Grandfather spider mod
The fire plane mod (thank you, Tadron!)
Hats
Havoc humping Keo/ Keo's reaction
Human brothers
hobblings and Yuki
Durk and noni
and... shoving pie in jorsh's gaping mouth

First off the whole weekend was AMAZING! I have never felt so welcomed OOG, and so involved IG in any of the previous chapters I've played at. I can't speak for my wife but I've pretty certain she feels the same way. She had a great time, which means we get to come back in May. YAY!!

A personal favorite moment of mine were the panther Ghasts. Friday night, fighting that one Panther Ghast for like a half an hour. You know it's a long fight when the NPC gets bored of calling 'no effect'. Little ol' scholar draining the group of cure lights, until finally I just got first aided and left on the ground. I was having so much fun. Then Saturday in the Dark Elf cave, lying on the ground playing dead, listening to everyone debate how to solve the logic problem of getting a Sarr, with no weapon skill, to swing magic. Final Answer? Spell Strike Magic Storm.

For the bigger plot things, the Grandfather Spider fight was epic. 20 PCs, fighting in formation while surrounded. Just awesome. (even though my assassinate was "no effected" :)

I'll echo the applause for the plot team. I've been on the "New in town go fight goblins" mod many times before. This was the first one that actually seemed like part of the larger plot. The lowbies had a chance to do some good, and pass things up the chain to the higher-ups. Thanks Matt.

Big Thumbs up to everyone there. See you all in May.

-Joe

I just wanna repeat the same sentiment over again. The event was awesome! The runners did an awesome job. And it was awesome to see all the pcs that showed up from all over the place that had such drives to come play. I would like to really thank the group of NPCs that never stopped. You all got less sleep than I did and I got like none. Thank you plot for the wonderful ongoing plot too. Really digging the dark elf stuff.

So in no particular order,

All the rogue stuff with Naomi. She rocks!!! I hope to someday be that bad azz.
Waymaker stone jumping with the group I went with. So much fun!
911!
All things Casan. It seems whenever I have a lull in adventure I can just go and talk to him and we just have fun chatting.
Loving the fact the town worked together so well this marketday.
Seeing Derrith again! Had so many good times in the past I missed him.
The human twins.
The orcs. Durk Noni and Havok you guys rock!
All things my guild. You guys really never let me down. Love the HoG!
All the sneaky dark elf stuff with Jorsh. Thank you man!
Getting the Terminate the big bad spider. Omg did that rock! I was sooooo happy it stuck.
The ring of fire mod. I had a ton of fun with that. Running around charging and owning the npcs with Noami owned.
Maxwell supplying me with drinks and taking care of me this marketday. Thank you Maxwell! I still owe you.

I thnk I could go on and on but I won't for now. Loved working with Malice and the Moondancers and everybody that hung out with them. Had an incredible time. I found no part of the whole event where there was a lull. I had a mod I was trying to run for Maxwell all weekened and there wasn't even a lull that I could find to get it done. Great job everybody. Pc and NPC alike.

Can't wait to see you all next month and kick some serious azz with you guys!

There were a lot of things that I really enjoyed from this weekend for sure and the list could go on for days. So here goes.
Shenanigans
all things Pie
watching Matt as the grandfather spider be annoyed at being rogued
The chance to kill a spider...and a big bad one too
Infiltration and Recon
walking into the wrong end of conversations like shirts being shattered?
Jorsh being helped to eat pie
Durk being so tired he was barely conherant as well as repeating the same conversation for an hour.
Seeing Ray again after almost 3 years. missed ya buddy.

Id also just like to say I was really impressed with the NPC's and how much they stepped up this weekend. Also how refreshing it was for all the PC's to come together in the face of adversity. How everyone did what they needed to when they needed to. I also would like to mirror Joe's comments. Even though I know most of you, I have not played in quite a while and this chapter and all the people are truly amazing and really go out of their way to look out for others. Joe, you and your wife (sorry I am horrible with names..you can slap me later) are awesome and really brought it. I look forward to seeing you next time....well after dark anyway. Im sure there is so much more..,I just cant wait for next month now.

Rorb :)

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. You were all very welcoming; I never felt out of place. I had a great time all around. I can't wait until Memorial Day weekend.

A few of my favorite things...
-The NPCs! They stayed up all night with many of the PCs and were still willing to get up at 7:00 with those of us who
had gone to sleep Friday night.
-Casan helping me be a little bad azz
- Max; it is always good to fall into the lap of a healer after being granted the gift of death.
-Getting my rear whipped by Cazik while he was trying to teach me to fight better
-Shinanegans
-The grandfather spider mod; I love full town fights
-The fire plane mod; near full town fight
-Falling into a bin/tub after being killed by a panther ghast
-Watching the Havok/Josh (swing,swing, swing, swing,... Havok fall down) then Durk/Josh fight (swing, swing, Josh fall down)

By the way Rob, my name is Brigit. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

-Brigit

Back