Favorites?

So - what'd you guys like this weekend?

Dang it, Rob! Ya beat me to it! :D

Basically all things Rom. Especially the ceremony, that was intense. All the role-play this game was incredible and there was plenty of it.

Resurrecting Durl and Karri.

Singing and dancing by the Way stone! I know we're not exactly choir material, but it was a highlight of the event. Max is the best bard in Fortannis. :D

Gathering components for the race-change elixir and Marcena's new goal to become apprentice to a man she's convinced pees alchemical solvent.

The tower.

Kevar as a Rom. >_<

The Temple mod with Josh was probably the highlight of the event for me.

By the way, THANK YOU NPCs! You guys are awesome and I hope to see you all again soon!

~Jesse

One of the hardest questions to answer but lets see.

I enjoyed all the new face and new experience they brought with them. Also cool that so many from south minnesota showed up (both PC and NPC)

Happy Birthday Drake btw sorry I didn't get into that more at market

I like to thank those who I RPed with when I let my character really sink in to a point where my own emotion overwhelmed me. Thank you for not breaking character and stayed with it.

I enjoyed the Temporary Romani transformation and was fun to portray. Also was cool to see the big epic battle of Targasion being beat.

I thought the Sunken Temple and the Spider Isle was both fun and deadly.

All you NPCs and Staff did an awesome job and went through alot, I said thank you before, but I believe you all have earned so much more. You make the game fun and enjoyable both by standing for so long with us running long mods one after another and then your own RP to add that spice of life to this world making it great to be part of.

Thank you all!

Pete

Let me try,

Its not everyday you show up and Casan has already dropped a circle.... oh wait... is that an OEF requirement?

All the emotion and argument surrounding whether Toga was totally gone or not

Following behind Ryan around the entire camp telling him he didn't have to be bad.

Ressurection of Toga, there were just so many things in my head I was having trouble focusing on one story.

OOOH its hot in this desert, *puts shield over head* ahhhh personal air conditioner.

Emperor Turnias, to open it or not to open it, that is the question.

Stoneskull actually carrying me after the drider fight.

The ceremony, the ritualistic rhythm and singing, I think I almost went into meditaion while hearing everyone around me in the same beat with me.

Taking that left turn, sometimes a short cut works, even if you loose your key over it.

Throwing what the blood hath granted me, to save the mind of a man trapped!

Running after Targus, wanting to lay into him with my earth blade and keeping up with Casan, That little dude is fast I wish I could have seen the battle, I at least heard the prelude.

Targus: "If you don't attack me, I won't come to your land and kill anyone." Casan: "Please you are a punk a** vampire, you wouldn't get very far in my lands" Or somthing of the like, can't remember it all word for word.

Laney the lich girl called me a Liar Lair Pants on Fire....

Okay I think I named enough. THANK YOU to all the NPCs and Staff for allowing us to give you a nice solid beating. PCs thanks for the awesome role play. I had a great event and I hope that everyone else did too.

The whole Toga thing was really sad, that was the first thing in game that I was so into it that i cried and i mean hard....

getting the shaow sword and my first transform = fun

the spider butts bouncing on the butts of NPCS

getting waken up to take out the light nome only to hit it four times :)

fighting with cazik over toga sword

sex with Maxwell ;)

drinking that nasty crap to become to ROMI not a favorite but definently something to remember

the whole thing was great fun!!!!!!!!!!

carrie

I had an absolute blast this weekend. Everybody there helped make it so. The whole event blends together into one giant favorite for me, but I'll try and remember some highlights.

Getting to see all the folks who had come out to the Seattle chapter a few times. I've missed you guys!

Running the Tower with Durl, Kevar, and Marcy. That was a blast, must go back and finish it in a few levels!

Really getting to know my little sister, Marcy. Miss you already, Petite!

REALLY REALLY getting to know my pseudo-sister El. I'll go 'adventuring' with you anytime darlin' ;) .

"I'm Durl." :| <---- too funny for words.

"This construct smells like manure!"
"Try smelling it's other end."

Gypsy circle of transformation. That was really fun, and I hope everyone who got to experience my "what it is to be gypsy" speech enjoyed hearing it as much as I enjoyed getting into the moment. One of those "get to know your own character better" moments.

Getting to give my 20 minute long "Rom are good and here's why" diatribe to three different NPC's all played by the same person. It was getting silly towards the end, every time I saw him walk into game as another character I started thinking "oh god here we go again".

Favorites...this will be hard, first I echo Jeff in that the event really was a favorite.

Climbing the Tower was great fun, especially when there were shadows...haha. AND I got to use a destroy undead on a vampire...and have it kill him!

Becoming Romani...and wanting to marry Marcena immediately...what is this 'courtship' nonsense, and having Raif talk me out of it (That was close!)

The Rom cerimony.

Turning over my Tabard RIGHT after the sword of shadow was created...the line "Will do Magistrate...*fight fight fight*...in just a moment"

The sunken temple with Josh Thatcher

Raif's tent...that is a SWEET setup

RP with Raif and Max about becoming Rom for a day, asking permission

Partial stone troll transform that I had no idea about was great...'my joints feel stiff', and than having 1 minute to get to the Waystone. Stupid stone! Having almost everyone try and push me to go faster and yelling "I AM GOING FASTER!"

Coming into game and hearing "Kevar good to see you, now come give Shadow Master your sword!" haha...like that was going to be given easily!

SO MUCH MORE! This event was really a highlight of mine, and I was so glad to be able to make it. Thank you plot and NPC's for the great time! And thank you for the messages guys, it helped my sore old back a lot!

-Brent

There was plenty going on that I had a chance to enjoy but there were some definite favorites.
As in my first event, I was kind of shy for the first few hours while it was still dark out and I was just jumping into the middle of things.
I still haven't managed to really get past some of my PCing shyness, but maybe Wolfram is just a man of few words.

I think getting caught up in the little battle with Marcena and Kevar helped to prod me out of my nighttime shyness a bit though.
Everything changed when he saw them trying to protect him and realized that he wasn't able to do the same.
Either way, I took from that battle a chance to strengthen my connection with those characters, and the conviction of my own.

Chatting with both Dramthin and Luka (Luca?) about being an adventurer when Wolfram was a bit discouraged.
Chatting with Dramthin in particular helped to remind me of some of my character's actual motivations.
Something I've had a good chance to think about now, and hopefully will be able to bring back into the next game.

Getting involved with the whole Gypsy plot, and all of the RP and intrigue involved with it.
Being turned into a gypsy allowed me to relax things a bit, and was a great experience both as a character and a player.
I also finally remembered to use one of my defensive spells, since I'd largely forgotten about the Disarm Repel and Shatter spells I had memorized.

Hanging out with Max was a hoot. I always enjoy it when somebody takes up the role of the minstrel.
I enjoyed his songs and his sense of humor, and by the time our Disney singalong rolled around I was in the mood to join in.
I love singing actually, and I'm glad that I was able to relax enough to just enjoy things and goof around a bit.

The spider island mod was great, since we basically got the whole town down for it, and it was the most tense moment of the event for me.
Realizing that I had missed the chance to heal a few people and I was completely out of protectives with no time to fix my armor was rather daunting.
Being knocked out and cocooned was a bit worrying at first, since I had no idea if anybody was going to be able to free us with all the fighting going on.

I'm glad I got a chance to duel with Steve, since I'd missed out on that at the previous SoMN event.
I think my stickfighting is coming along nicely, and it's always good to have some pointers.
Having Kevar pay for round 2, not knowing I'd already fought with him once was a nice touch.

All in all, I had a great time. Considering this was my second time PCing EVER, and my first time PCing in over a year, I think it went pretty well.
I've made a slight bit of progress in my PCing, and I think the events of this weekend will help me to improve a good bit further.
I'm looking forward to bringing Wolfram back again, and hopefully much sooner than next year this time.

I just wanted to take a second to thank the staff both the plot staff for all their work and the logisitics staff for making sure we had a game to run to begin with. You guys are what makes the game happen.

Plot team for really stepping up with a lot of mods, props, etc.

Specific thanks to Kiefer for the tavern which was scrumptuous, Pete B for all the tag pulling, and Ryan Z for the bouncy dryder butts. :)

SOOOOOO many favs this event:

All the NPCs awesome job great energy this weekend thank you thank you thank you.

All the players and NPCs from afar comming out to visit.

The Romani Gathering/Circle ritual was really fun RP and really got to showcase our Rom

All the Rom/GFW arguments and the RP with both Josh Tatcher and Gordon Allister...that was a lot of fun .

" I make you a deal, you leave me alone and I not attack your lands" " You are a punk *** vampire and wouldnt last 5 seconds where I come from"

Hsssst and Tsssssk

The Goblin Kings Cazik and.... Roy!

Soren's Goblin NPC introducing me " Eater of the most disusting things weve ever seen!...."

The Gypsie Curse Debate

and last but not least....

Togashin's last moments and what was said to the egg before it all was over.

Thanks all hope to see you next event.

Paul

I had a lot of fun this weekend.

I would like to thank the plot team to give something fun for us NPC's to play. I just love the look on the PC's faces when they realize that they are going up against something stronger then your average monster. Particularly I loved the look on Lydia's face when I simply replied "got it" to her dragon's fire Saturday morning.

I would also like to thank the more experienced players that helped me out with using spells and letting me know of the incants when I asked it of them. Hopefully soon I will be making my own character and putting all this experience to good use.

I would say that my favorite events this weekend was NPCing in the tower, the Spider Island mod, and running around as a goblin from clan group-treasure. In the tower I learned a lot switching between the different monsters, same with Spider Island.

Hopefully I will be making a character soon!
Kevin

cerria said:
sex with Maxwell ;)
carrie

Oh sure, make Maxwell's overinflated ego even larger. :D

I had an awesome time at this event, I wasn't sure what to expect but Paul and his team did an awesome job. Here is a few of my favs (in no particular order.)

1. The Romani Plot, it is cool when you feature a particular race now and then (especially when its Romani ;) )

2. Singing resurections and fixing Max's problem with resurrecting people

3. Hanging with my Dwarf buddy Rowdin

4. Romance and the MWE ;)

5. Meeting and RP'n with all the new people (even though technically I was the new person :) )

6. Togashin's death and the tear jerkers and all out crying that insued

7. Paul coming up to me and asking me if I was OOG ok when Maxwell blew up and left the tavern. That was sweet that my in-game reactions looked that real.

8. The singalong (my throat still hurts)

9. The tavern food MMMMMMMM. You know what it tasted like? More!

10. Mission impossible! Those who where there know

11. All the Romani!! and then making More! I loved the ritual, cool RP

All for now, just wanted to say thanks again and now I have to figure out a time where I can come out again.

Matt

Back