Faybridge Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeus

Artisan
Mobeus goes about searching for a stables within the area of Faybridge. Passing by many a commoner elf, he requests softly, "Where would I find one of the lovely thoroughbred horses that are raised with Elven wisdom and patience?" He smiles genially at everyone who passes by and continues his questioning.

Garnett upon hearing about the inquiries moves to join him. He gives a small smile as well to the passerby and if Mobeus has no luck he will part to give a much wider search directly for local stables.

An elderly elven woman, with a group of giggling children swarming around her, is walking past the two visitors when she overhears them asking about horses. Stepping closer she says "Pardon me for overhearing, but if you are looking for horses, then it is Celendil that you are seeking. He is a fine breeder of our horses and can be found a couple miles walk just that way" she points off towards the nearby tree line. "Head straight from here and you will find his place easy enough, he keeps a house on the edge of the horses field."

Smiling she grabs the hand of a curious young elf girl who was just reaching out to touch Garnett's sword "Selio, that is not polite. Let's go get you all some lunch."

Calling all the children too her, she rounds them into a neat group and marches them off to enjoy a group lunch between lessons.

Mobeus nods his head and smiles, he reaches into his bag and pulls out some confectionery items from the Festival of Crows, he gingerly places them in the hands of the woman, "Thank you, please take some of these treats in appreciation for your assistance," he turns to wink at the kids, "After you eat a hardy meal so you grow up big and strong." he returns his gaze to the elderly woman and to Garnett before saying "I will make my way to Celendil post haste!." Mobeus grins widely and steps quickly making his way to Celendil as described by the elderly elven woman.

"Thank you my lord!" she calls as they begin moving away, tucking the sweets into her pocket for the children to enjoy later.

"Head straight from here and you will find his place easy enough, he keeps a house on the edge of the horses field."
Garnett himself had given a warm thankful nod for the directions. "Much obliged miss, thank you for the assistance."

"Selio, that is not polite. Let's go get you all some lunch."
He glances back. "Aye, and also a bit sharp for your curious fingers." He chuckled, offering one of his own remaining giant marshmellows instead from the festival. "Make sure to share with your friends."He advised the girl, before looking up. "Hmm? Alright Mobeus, right behind you."

Mobeus follows the directions of the kindly elderly elf, his smile never fades as he makes his way closer and closer to the treeline.
Stopping at the all too familiar (albeit faint) smells of a local stables, he is sure that he has finally made his way to his goal.
He speaks loudly, "Hail Celendil? I was told you were one of the finest breeders of horses, and I hoped I had come upon the right place?"

Spotting the approaching visitors, Celendil, sends the young foal he was working with back out to the field.

“Hail and well meet travelers” he states. “I do indeed have some of my beauties for sale, let me call them in for you.” Turning back to the open field, where many beautiful horses can be seen eating, frolicking and even sleeping in the fresh air, he lets out a series of distinct whistles. Within minutes, several gorgeous horses came galloping up, sleek and supple, examples of perfect breeding, the horses slowing down and stopping next to the elf.

“Hear they are, a few of my darlings for you to select” Starting at one end of the line of horses, he places a hand on a tall, well-muscled gelding, dark bay in color with flashes of red, like flames, when the sun hits him at certain angles. “This here is Condor. He is fleet of foot and quick of mind, he has keen eyes and can spot things at great distances.”

The next in line is a smaller mare, golden chestnut with a white star and two white socks. “Let me introduce you next to Miramis, she is sassy and has a proud attitude, this one doesn’t like to get dirty.” Laughing he moves to the next horse.

“And here is Nahar.” Silver as the moon in color, large and sleek, the stallion stamps a hoof while dropping his head to Celendil’s hands. “Nahar is a stallion, spirited, brave and true. But his natural instincts to be in charge mean that he can be quite a handful, unless you show him the proper respect and authority.”

As he approaches the next horse, a dapple grey mare, she reaches out her head and using her teeth pulling the edge of his shirt out of his pants before he can bring her head up. “And here is Sky Dancer, she is both mischievous and curious, not afraid of anything it seems. But, as you can see, she will also keep you on your toes.” Laughing, he moves to the other side of the mare to the last horse in the line.

A tall, black mare with a streak of white down her forehead shaped like a lightning bolt. “This is Tiah. She is fast and quick-tempered with a no-nonsense attitude. She does not like to be pet or coddled much, but prefers to be on the move and getting down to business.”

Turning back to his visitors he says “So, will any of these do for you two fine adventurers? My prices are the normal just about anywhere, 2gp each, if that works.” He looks at them patiently while they make their selection.

Mobeus looks carefully at all the horses, with care and a gentle voice he calmly speaks to each, taking account of their manner and personalities.
It isn't long before Mobeus notices his satchel is missing, turning around to see it clearly held in the mouth of Sky Dancer. He chuckles softly, as
her eyes seem guilty but almost as if she is laughing. Mobeus places his hand on her mane, and pats her gently. "Sometimes they choose you..."
He nudges gently on his bag, and Sky Dancer immediately drops the bag before neighing quietly.

Mobeus turns and places 2 gold coins firmly in the hands of Celendil. "I will take Sky Dancer, she is beautiful and will serve well... thank you
for such a beautiful array of choices, it must be hard to say goodbye sometimes, but know she will be loved and cared for."

Laughing along with Mobeus, he takes the gold and says "An excellent choice sir, and yes, sometimes they do choose you. I will get her tacked up. You seem like a very honorable sort, so I do believe that you will care for her well. I never forget a single one of my horses, and while I miss each of them I know that they are out in the world doing what they were bred to do and that thought keeps me happy."

He sets about getting tack ready for Sky Dancer, a basic saddle and bridle, along with a sack of grain for the road. Once Sky is ready to go, he hands her reins to Mobeus with a small bow.

Turning to the other gentleman he says "And you sir, have you decided? It is a tough choice to be certain." and flashes a smile.

"Truthfully, each of these horses have much to each, but I myself have in my mind a supporting role, to give to what I can for others so that i myself may gain the best for it." He mused as she asked him about the horses. He grasped his chin briefly, but his decision seemed to have been made clear with the first, as we walked up to Condor, giving him a gentle petting before nodding. "Condor and I should make a fine pair methinks. I've never had much luck with those that like to dive in head first with no caution." He tilts his head. "Would you perhaps happen to have a war saddle of sorts? My adventures as my friend has had himself I'm sure to be dangerous, and I'd enjoy the means of being kept in the saddle should something happen. I do not mind paying extra for it." He already otherwise is making sure to have the two gold ready for Condor and extending it to the man.

"Condor is an excellent choice, you will not regret taking him. I think that he would indeed suite you quite nicely by the sounds of it. And yes, I have a war saddle available for sale. That would be an extra Gold piece however, do you wish me to grab that instead when I tack Condor here up for you?" Celendil says as he takes the initial payment for the horse.

Mobeus smiles at the exchange, before mounting Sky Dancer, "I shall set forth at once, I have someone else to pick up for the possibly dangerous journey... I'll meet you on the road out of town going east. Should you wish to do more around here, fear not, I have a worthy guard... but I must return to the Sanctum with haste" with that he bows gently at the waist and proceeds to ride Sky Dancer through the entrance of the Stables, and very quickly is lost to sight.

"I'll catch up with you later." Garnett gives a nod as he looks to Celendil and ponders it. "I would like to very much afford that but sadly beyond the horse I have some need to send coin to a refuge up north to expand it's capability in assisting others." He frowned thoughtfully. "Would five silver and three healing potions of moderate quality (+5/+10) be a fair counter-offer? I have also a solvent dissolver, which could be fairly useful if your horses happen to stumble upon a strange thing." He awaits for the moment politely.

Celendil ponders this offer for a moment, "How about 7 Silver, one of your moderate quality healing potions and that dissolver solvent?" He counters with a smile.

"Well now, I think I've just enough silver for that." He mused, then nodded. "Done." He says, checking the vials both to make sure he is not mis-offering and offers alongside the rest of the coinage needed.

Celendil takes the coins and vials, shaking Garnett's hand to seal the deal. "Now, let me get this fellow saddled up for you" and he goes into the tack room to grab a large war saddle and bridle, placing it on Condor, getting him all ready to go. Placing a small sack of grain in the saddle bag for a few days of the journey, he leads Condor to Garnett and hands over the reins. "You are ready to go sir. Safe journey and may the two of you look after each other."

Taking a moment to mount and settle in the stirrups, he smiles does and nods. "Much thanks. Fair and prosperous futures for yourself, and may the winds blow in a fair breeze." He shifts back and forth, idly seeing how Condor reacts to his movements before a small twist of the reins and a touch of his heel. For that he goes at a quick trot away and then speeding up for now to catch up with Mobeus.

Eriana Iceni waited impatiently for Mobius to show up. "I'm sure this is the right spot", she thought. "He said the east road on the way out of town - the body guard pay had better be worth the hassle of dealing with a traveling companion."

Mobeus trots up upon Sky Dancer on the Eastern Road, he carries in his hand the reigns of another horse behind him. Upon closer inspection it happens to be Blaze, the horse that Frederick has been seen upon. Mobeus nods to Eriana, "Here, Frederick has left me with his horse while he takes care of something... I figure it would save us both a week of time to travel together" he smiles genially, and pats Sky Dancer gently.

Mobeus looks from Blaze to Eriana, "Do you think you might need a hand up? He seems like a very large horse..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back