Feast, Contest, Merryment, OHHMYY!!

Kitaruen

Knight
I am pleased to announce a series of three contests and an auction all sponsored by the Solar's Guild on behalf of Kingdoms day of Celebration. Attention anyone heading to the Westhaven Adventurer Feast!!!

Baron Fairfax will be in charge of organizing and judging the various contests at the feast and then hand out the prizes which the guild will provide him.

A contest of skill with blades- the Kings Duel - the winner of which will go on to face winners from other Duchies in the spring in front of the King. The Kingdom will provide the blades so that skill and not quality of weapons will determine the winner. The winner will earn a prize and go onto the next round.

A contest of accuracy using a bow of such quality all can use it with ease. The winner will earn a prize.

A contest of craft - The Ma Torgensen Baking Contest. Can you craft desserts of equal quality to her? But leave those who eat them alive? This contest will have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize. The desserts are to be shared with all at the feast and will be judged by a council of three chosen by the Baron.

After these three contests I am pleased to announce the three auctions that I will hold.

A copper auction whose proceeds will go directly to the hands of the Ternian Refugees who now flood our borders to help them restart their lives. -- We will be selling a 1/day dodge that for obvious reasons is largely tied to the land. Minimum bid 50 copper.

A silver auction whose proceeds will go directly to the hands of the families of fallen soldiers from the war with the Northlunds. -- We will be selling a controlled spirit store catalyst. This was in fact the last breath of our fallen King. Minimum bid 100 silver.

A gold auction whose proceeds will go the Solars Guild to recoup some of the monumental cost of giving prize support on a Kingdom level. --This will be a 4/day item which lasts for 5 years and easily travels OF YOUR CHOICE cast by a Solar with manipulations and flaws of a standard nature OF YOUR CHOICE. Minimum bid 50 gold.

See you all very soon.

Solar of Peace
Yolan Vassil

Solar Vassil,

Will you also be in attendance? I have a question I would like to ask you.

Aramis Seablade

I intend to share bread with you all although I have many feasts to stop and drop prize support too.

Solar Vassil

Solar Vassil,

Correct me if I am wrong, but the rules of a kings duel vary from a standard duel, correct? I would just like to know what items I need to bring to keep myself protected for this contest.

Ignathis

Well exact details are beyond me but I understand it is to be the first to land three pulled blows is the victor. I believe the Kingdom will be providing weapons for you to use as the quality of weapon or familiarity is to be removed from the equation. I will attempt to learn more.

Solar Vassil

Of course such a tourney is held while I'm away.

You'll have to tell me how it goes; in exchange, Ill tell you about who wins the Olothen Tournement for their new General.

- Binks

How did it go? Who won the contests?

~ Silp

Alas we did have the raffle as the auction started almost immediate (and alas there did not seem to be any takers from those there.

Let's see, Sam won the Dodgey Dog and a Fancy hat from ...Duke? Bluewater (apologies if I'm wrong, never met the man.) Crescent won the 4 effect item, and I won the silver auction, although we've yet to decide what to do with such a precious thing.

Benjamin solved a number of puzzles for a celestial item that had a circle and a 10 level spell store, and the more fierce looking Vornae won a djinn given thing that does something...I really did not press him on the issues but they server the Dark Elven Lady Fallingstar as I understand it.

Some Lucky Jerk won both the melee and archery contest entirely through the unfair effects of cross breezes. (Winning both a once a day cloak binding and a cloak evocation.

The Desserts prizes went to Iggy, Eve, and the Selunari company gal. I believe the prizes were a cloak greater command, a cloak command, and a vengeance.

I hope that helps.

-Kalith

It was pleasant to see everyone once again.

Lady FallingStar

Back